Andrew Yang with the hopes with working with Pres. Joe Biden, wants to apply the Ali Act to MMA

Yeah look at the wonders collective bargaining and the unions have done for baseball. Are the Dodgers still paying Darren Dreifort?

It would be terrible. Biden will lock the country down including ufc events, so say goodbye to ufc fights happening

Check out this article. Andrew Yang is a huge UFC fan and believes the fighters aren't getting treated fairly by the UFC. It's likely he'll get a spot in the Biden cabinet, something I'm sure Dana is worried about.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/andrew-yang-wants-fight-dana-093000831.html
I don't mind the part about limiting contracts. That would be good for the fighters, and good for competition across orgs. Ultimately, it would be good for the sport.

I enthusiastically REJECT the part of the Ali act that places control of titles outside the organization. On that facet alone I do not support the implementation of the Ali Act unless it is modified. That would be a goddamn catastrophe. That would destroy the sport. This is why boxing is such a shitshow. Fake plastic belts are a radioactive wastezone.

Check out this article. Andrew Yang is a huge UFC fan and believes the fighters aren't getting treated fairly by the UFC. It's likely he'll get a spot in the Biden cabinet, something I'm sure Dana is worried about.

MMA Noob, lol started following MMA with TUF

"Yang, who studied kung fu and competed in taekwondo through his early 20s, loves watching UFC fights. He got hooked on a reality show called The Ultimate Fighter in 2005 and was immediately drawn to it."

Yang is cool in my book but I highly doubt Biden offers him a cabinet position. He's too busy vetting Republican neocons.

federal regulation.....what could go wrong......

fighters would be classified as employees instead of independent contractors. They'd get a union, high pay, and a bigger percentage of the UFC revenue.

In return we'd probably get more divas pulling out of fights and being difficult to work with. But that's the compromise.

fighters would be classified as employees instead of independent contractors. They'd get a union, high pay, and a bigger percentage of the UFC revenue.

In return we'd probably get more divas pulling out of fights and being difficult to work with. But that's the compromise.
That’s not how it would automatically work. Not sure why you think employee = union, high pay, big %......

Fighters are treated like shit, paid like shit, and get used and abused before being thrown to the curb with the current system. Trump's not going to do anything against his ass kissers like Dana, but I suspect that UFC monopoly-like power and poor treatment of fighters (who in no way should be considered independent contractors if they're on exclusive contracts) will come up at some point during the Biden term.

Andrew Yang.

He's already a favorite to become one of Biden's cabinet aides

Yang, a UFC fanatic, is threatening a restructure of the UFC payroll and ridding of the near corrupt structure Yang was once privy to the payout purses for an event somehow and it was there where he was floored by the disparity and tepidness of certain payouts

Yang is behind the Ali Act which will essentially do away with fighter contracts and allow fight by fight negotiation

More details here

It's crazy how people deny that Ali is the GOAT manager and one of the most influential figures on the sport's history, even the act being proposed in favor of the athletes future is being named in his honor.

Ali bless.

FAKE news, only trump can make the MMA Ali act 2.0

Ali-Abdelaziz-trump.png

beg him

Ali-Abdelaziz.jpg

Dana supported Trump in the 2016 election as they have been friends for years and Trump helped the UFC out in it's early years. That and he doesn't want a Democrat to win because he doesn't want his taxes raised. It has nothing to do with Yang.

Yes, having a competent president would help America...not just MMA.
The orange idiot doesn't believe in science for god sake.
He claimed it was like the flu, but when he caught covid, he was taken to the hospital and took a bunch of meds.

Healthy people don't go to the hospital and take a bunch of drugs for the flu.

If he'd taken it seriously and enforced a lockdown the way China and Taiwan locked down, we'd have gone back to normal a lot sooner. We'd have live sporting events sooner. Less fights cancelled due to infection etc.

Hard to advocate for China's approach but Australia's was a good model.

Back