Anderson Silva's PPV buy history

What is OP implying?

From Leites forward it's great numbers.

Easily around a 700k average.

The only bad numbers was vs. Okami which I think was during that Storm that hit the east coast.

The number vs. Bonnar was a late replacement card.

I'm implying that he doesn't have consistently great ppv numbers, which is surprising. People around here have been talking about bad ppv numbers from Barao lately, while his numbers are comparable to Andersons in his first ppv's.

Conor has the EU market. I am still not that impressed with him yet.

Aldo is nowhere a big draw. Pettis will destroy him.

I dont think Connor has the European market. Ireland, Sweden or Germany is just as foreign to me as Brazil or the States.

Im kinda surprised Silva vs Henderson didn't do better.

I bought that one, was very stoked for that fight.
seemed like Dan really had a hard on for Andy.
he is usually quite respectful prior to fights, but not that one.
that is probably where i started to dislike Dan.
he never gave Silva any credit for kicking his ass, after being ground hard in 1st round.

He was actually among the top draws in UFC from the time he won the title. He was tremendously disliked and people just didn't want to acknowledge it. Remember, Uncle Dana even threatened to put him on untelevised prelims because he didn't like his fighting style.

The Chael fights came at the perfect time as there was so much interest there and then Silva turned a corner to where people were respecting him for the tremendous run he had. At the time he left, he was the clear #2 draw behind GSP and they are/were head and shoulders above everyone else currently in UFC (despite what people with the Ronda blinders on will try and tell you)

Not that amazing surprisingly, wonder why he was getting Anderson Silva money then?

People who like the UFC and MMA like to think its much more popular than it is. He might be popular amongst fight fans but there are pretty much no current MMA fighters that are really all that famous outside of MMA even Rousey, Jones etc atleast in the United States. Chuck Liddell is still infinitely more recognizable by the average person.

Yeah my friends, who probably wouldn't even qualify as casuals, could name maybe 5 fighters. Connor is certainly not one of them, and he gets very minimal media coverage, if any at all.

The UFC could sell out any half decent Fight Night card in Dublin, without Connor, as it rarely comes here and is easily accessible to all UK/Irish fans.

All those people who bought UFC 97 and 112 must have really felt they got their money's worth after dat main event.

Because he knocked a 38 yr old guy out that joked around instead of fighting and who said prior to the fight he wants to spend more time with his family and would do everything to lose the fight.

08/07/2010 UFC 117 Silva vs. Sonnen 600,000.

Would have been 600,001 if I wasn't there live in Oakland.

One of the greatest MMA events of all time. Crowd went berserk when Silva threw on the triangle.

I'm implying that he doesn't have consistently great ppv numbers, which is surprising. People around here have been talking about bad ppv numbers from Barao lately, while his numbers are comparable to Andersons in his first ppv's.

I don't see the comparison. Anderson did 300,000 as a challenger and Barao did 230,000. Next Anderson did 400,000 and Barao again did 230,000 when he was the main event and even having Aldo as the co main.

Barao as a co-main at UFC 165 did 310,000, but people were paying for mostly the main event with Jones. The only comparison there would be when Silva was co-main at UFC 101 and BJ Penn was the main and the PPV did 850,000.

No, Barao is not paralleling Anderson's PPV career.

One of the greatest MMA events of all time. Crowd went berserk when Silva threw on the triangle.
I imagine that Fitch vs. Alves put a bit of a damper on the whole thing, though, yeah?

I was there live too. Unbelievable day. First when to see the A's. Game ends, walk over to Oracle.

JDS-Nelson, Struve-Morecraft, Hendricks-Brenneman, Story-Hazelett, Hughes-Almeida. Sick card. And of course the main event. Wow.

Yikes, VS Belfort is over VS Weidman I

Of course. The casual viewer didn't know Weidman and didn't believe he had a chance.

Belfort had just knocked out Franklin and Silva was coming off his big victory against Sonnen. People were expecting a war.

Im a fan of both guys,but there not compariable in numbers,Barao and aldo did 230k buys Anderson has never been under 300k buys.

Barao will be fortunate to break 300k on any ppv,if he wants the Anderson silva money he needs to move up in weight,stay unbeaten,learn English and get a rival

Back