Anderson Silva's PPV buy history

I think there is some lack of context here. UFC 40(the turn around for the UFC) did 400k buys which was absolutely huge at the time. His worst PPV numbers are still well into the black, and his best numbers are amongst the best. Fans like rivalries and rematches. Give them something to talk about and be excited about and they buy.

I bought Lennox Lewis/Hasim Rachman I because it was 15 or 20 bucks for the PPV. If it was a regular PPV price i never would have bought it because i didn't think Hasim had a chance after being KOd so viciously by Oleg. Obviously i was wrong but the point is casual fans won't pay full price for a PPV unless they think the fight is going to be competitive whether they like the champ or not. For some reason the UFC doesn't get this and charges the same for every PPV and buy numbers represent that.

The Leites and Maia fights are supported by Liddell vs Shogun with Leites and against Maia he was on a card with BJ Penn set to break the record for his lightweight title

I think Silva's return will get at least 800k against anyone and 1 million + against a top guy.

Not even close. How can Silvas return after 2 losses could be anywhere near Silva vs Weidman 2 (with Roysey vs Tate co-main)? That just doesnt make any sense.

Anything between 400-600k is realistic.

What is OP implying?

From Leites forward it's great numbers.

Easily around a 700k average.

The only bad numbers was vs. Okami which I think was during that Storm that hit the east coast.

The number vs. Bonnar was a late replacement card.

This

Back