Anderson Silva says no Brazilian can beat Jon Jones right now

Not only Brazilians. Anyone, except a few heavyweights, won't be able to beat Jones.

This is a year old.

Just sayin

This is so old... But JDS would wreck him.

Agree JDS would wreck him regardless how how the 2nd Cain fight went.

I think JDS and Cain would both wreck him. He's in a whole different ballgame when he goes to HW..

Pretty sure Anderson wasn't including the heavies.

If he did bulk up it would be interesting to see if he was able to adapt to it as well as Overeem did.

Too modest Andy. I'll be picking Silva if that fight ever materialises.

If jones moved up properly i see him smashing jds....ain't for nothing but the guy is a prodigy

I dont see anyone beating him atm either. Though Id like to see him rematch Machida, I think it would be a great fight if Machida had full camp.

Jones bulking up would make him a dangerous HW. Just wait and see.

Right now Jones is one of the biggest, one of the tallest, and has by far the longest reach at LHW. If he were to move to HW he would lose those advantages plus there are a lot more talented strikers and BJJ guys at HW than there are at LHW.

Bones at lh would be hw champion

he is better 10 fold every time he fights... Sure he doesnt possess that one shot ko ability but wait til he develops the silva timing...

Its just a matter of time

Right now Jones is one of the biggest, one of the tallest, and has by far the longest reach at LHW. If he were to move to HW he would lose those advantages plus there are a lot more talented strikers and BJJ guys at HW than there are at LHW.

Uhhh no. He would still have the longest reach. He has a "professional HW Boxer" which you don't see in MMA.

JDS has a 77 inch reach. Overeem has a 80 inch reach.

Jones would still have the longest reach even as a HW. Only difference is he would be more bulky. He would have the same physical characteristics of Lennox Lewis (who is 6'5" tall with a 84 inch reach, Jones is 6'4" tall with a 84.5 reach) except Jones would also have the wrestling.

lennox-lewis-08.jpg

Back