2024 College Football Discussion *** Welcome the MEGA Conferences ***

Awful team. Never liked hiring within when the goat coach leaves.

It's year 3 for Billy and this team doesn't look any better than in year 1. The sooner he's fired, the better. Look at what Brent Key has done at GT with a bunch of spare parts.

Eh, I think he’s a year behind the normal timeline, considering what Mullen left. Year 1 was Year Zero, and so forth.

He’s had a new QB in his system the first two years, and Mertz is simply not a good fit. Napiers offense relies on a QB who can be a threat passing and running. All of the motions and fakes and options don’t work when the defense has no concern about Mertz keeping the ball.

It was obvious last year just how much Richardson as a run threat opened up the rest of the run game. Richardson just didn’t have the experience in the system and comfort as a passer that was needed. Mertz the opposite, where he is comfortable with the passing concepts, but doesn’t help the run game.

A QB like Lagway could be the missing piece that brings it all together. Getting him reps now is the best chance for that happening in what would be considered Napiers Year 3 next year.

The defense is a different story. But maybe if the offense could convert on 3rd down and give the defense a breather, that would look different too.

I like Ole Miss, and Lane is great, but there's a huge difference between Fresno State and Furman lol
I doubt it, both teams are brought in to lose by 50 opening day.

Oh great now we get to see another Kelce on every commercial for the next 6 months <WhitmanDefeat>

Eh, I think he’s a year behind the normal timeline, considering what Mullen left. Year 1 was Year Zero, and so forth.

He’s had a new QB in his system the first two years, and Mertz is simply not a good fit. Napiers offense relies on a QB who can be a threat passing and running. All of the motions and fakes and options don’t work when the defense has no concern about Mertz keeping the ball.

It was obvious last year just how much Richardson as a run threat opened up the rest of the run game. Richardson just didn’t have the experience in the system and comfort as a passer that was needed. Mertz the opposite, where he is comfortable with the passing concepts, but doesn’t help the run game.

A QB like Lagway could be the missing piece that brings it all together. Getting him reps now is the best chance for that happening in what would be considered Napiers Year 3 next year.

The defense is a different story. But maybe if the offense could convert on 3rd down and give the defense a breather, that would look different too.
Stop being a Disney Gator!

<[analyzed}>

Texas is gonna massacre these cans next week <lol>
Texas is winning the league

1444612471.jpg

The hook ‘em horns thing is gay though.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vapor Snake