Anderson Silva says no Brazilian can beat Jon Jones right now

Bones at lh would be hw champion

he is better 10 fold every time he fights... Sure he doesnt possess that one shot ko ability but wait til he develops the silva timing...

Its just a matter of time

He'll never get Silva's timing and precision. His biggest advantage is his reach and always will be. He will never be heavyweight champion as he doesnt possess the cardio, power or skill to beat the guys in the top 5.

He's an awesome LHW but I dont think he could keep the HW's at bay with reach and wrestling. Could you imagine Carwin/JDS/Overeem landing a shot on him? Oh dear............

Uhhh no. He would still have the longest reach. He has a "professional HW Boxer" which you don't see in MMA.

JDS has a 77 inch reach. Overeem has a 80 inch reach.

Jones would still have the longest reach even as a HW. Only difference is he would be more bulky. He would have the same physical characteristics of Lennox Lewis (who is 6'5" tall with a 84 inch reach, Jones is 6'4" tall with a 84.5 reach) except Jones would also have the wrestling.

lennox-lewis-08.jpg

this is true

As someone stated already, I think Silva's just being modest, with maybe a little trolling on the side. I don't see how being of a particular nationality would have any bearing.

i think Bones would need atleast a good year if he were to go into top tier competition. just to get his body ready for carrying that extra weight (safely). would need to seriously bulk up his legs to get more KO power. if not he could start a little bit lower and allow himself a more natural progression into the division.

I dont see anyone beating him atm either. Though Id like to see him rematch Machida, I think it would be a great fight if Machida had full camp.

I would love to see this fight with machida having a full camp, so we know that both were at their best and there would be little room for excuses for whoever lost. not that either one has ever made an excuse. just want to see a competitive bout with a clear winner, and no what if's? afterward.

Back