Anderson Silva = Roy Jones Jr

Brampton_Boy

Douchey Mc Douche
@red
Reaction score
I don't make too many threads in the heavies, but a quick search didn't show any recent threads on the topic (post Bisping fight).

The trajectory of Silva's and Jones' careers mirror each other so closely, which is almost prophetic given Silva's desire to fight Jones during his peak.

Two seemingly peerless fighters with cat like reflexes and explosive power. Both knocked out by heavy underdogs which signalled the beginning of the end. Both fighters in their second loss (in Anderson's UFC career) to younger fighters ended in devastating/career threatening fashion.

Now, they are shell's of their former self - still showing glimpses of brilliance, but with shot chins and slowed timing.

I guess it's true what they say when somebody's gets knocked out once, they are much more susceptible to being knocked out again. Seeing Bisping floor Silva twice (and while Bisping is an excellent fighter, he isn't exactly known for being a power puncher) was something I thought I would never see.

I said this to my friend last night. I hope that he retires before he goes full RJJ

I've thought the very same thing. Roy was so quick and explosive he never had to use the jab, and that lead to habits that hurt him once he started to lose some speed and reflexes. I don't think Anderson is showboating, it's just the way he's accustomed to fighting, because for so long he could just draw people in to find easy openings from guys like Forrest and Bonner.

Last edited:
This is getting way out of hand, go and look at Roy Jones JRs last fight against a guy who isn't even a journeyman and tell me that's what Anderon Silva is like, I'd like to see Roy nearly knock a man unconscious with a flying knee, Anderson is nowhere near as shot as Roy.

This is getting way out of hand, go and look at Roy Jones JRs last fight against a guy who isn't even a journeyman and tell me that's what Anderon Silva is like, I'd like to see Roy nearly knock a man unconscious with a flying knee, Anderson is nowhere near as shot as Roy.
Is it getting out of hand, white belt who joined today? Teach us more oh wise one.......

I think Roy Jones exists in a higher space in his sport than Anderson does in his when it's all said and done.

I think they are at different stages of the same time line though. If Anderson continues to fight, he will eventually suffer the same fate as Jones. His legacy is already tarnished by the AAS scandal, but nobody can deny his ability as a fighter. If he sticks it out for a couple more years, we will remember the bad times more than the good.

Anderson went 5 rounds easily with Bisping and about 50 % of the internet thing he won I think it was a draw because that last round was even in my opinion, Roy Jones basically gets in the boxing ring and falls down he gets knocked out so fast plus Anderson is 40 and he looked like to me he had 5 more rounds in him and I can't stand the guy but it seems like everybody is forcing him to retire into an old folks home and I am trying to figure out if I was watching another fight or what happened because he is 40,coming off a long lay off, fought Bisping in the UK, etc and the side liners say he needs to be in a wheelchair

Anderson should be the fan that gets to fight Roy Jones in the upcoming PPV, Anderson would probably KO him at this point.

You're the ultimate beacon of knowledge because you've been registered to a website longer than me, great logic.
I sure as hell wasnt arguing with join dates of 2002 on my first day.....show some respect knoobe

You're the ultimate beacon of knowledge because you've been registered to a website longer than me, great logic.
They are clearly on a different time line , that was obvious but you clearly missed that .

Except RJJR is a lot more talented and would still knock out Silva in a Thai Boxing fight despite being 7years older.

They are clearly on a different time line , that was obvious but you clearly missed that .
Jones JR was shot at the age of 34 which is the age Anderson entered his prime, everybody just loves a reason to compare them, yes they both have great reflexes and speed but Anderson is nowhere near as shot as Jones Jr.

Roy Jones JR never shows glimpses of his former self this is so inaccurate it's unbelievable, go and actually watch a Roy Jones fight before you start talking about him.

Jones JR was shot at the age of 34 which is the age Anderson entered his prime, everybody just loves a reason to compare them, yes they both have great reflexes and speed but Anderson is nowhere near as shot as Jones Jr.
Stupid logic.......

Listen up Knube, because Im only going to try to help you understand this once.

RJJ was in his prime from the mid 90's up until 2002/2003

Anderson began his prime right around the same time that RJJ ended his........

TS is comparing their legacys, not matching timelines, which are clearly different. In your initial, uneducated post, you compared RJJ's last fight (where RJJ is much further past his prime) to Andersons.

I sincerely hope this helps you understand and makes you think twice before speaking next time.

OP didn't mention age yo be fair , Anderson peaked late , few fighters compare to him in that regard .

Agree with you about join date meaning nothing , ive seen good posters have a bad day and get the ban hammer (from a mod likely having a bad day) and have to start a new account so ya never know

Believe it or not I was thinking about Roy during the whole fight yesterday and how the whole situation reminded me of how things went for Roy. Very similar. I guess it's due to the extreme super natural relexes they both seemed to share at one time and how they both needed them to be who they were. Sad when you realize it's never going to be the same for them again. Father Time will always win!

On a side note this thread made me think of RJJ vs James Toney , Jones was frickin awesome back then

Back