Anderson Silva = Roy Jones Jr

Andy has a long way to go to fall as hard as RJJ....

Damn man RJJ fall still makes me sad :(

Stupid logic.......

Listen up Knube, because Im only going to try to help you understand this once.

RJJ was in his prime from the mid 90's up until 2002/2003

Anderson began his prime right around the same time that RJJ ended his........

TS is comparing their legacys, not matching timelines, which are clearly different. In your initial, uneducated post, you compared RJJ's last fight (where RJJ is much further past his prime) to Andersons.

I sincerely hope this helps you understand and makes you think twice before speaking next time.
So you're betting on Anderson going down the same path of Roy Jones JR? Well that's nothing but speculation so carry on spewing your delusional thoughts, just don't act like it's a fact, a shot fighter doesn't nearly knock a man unconscious with a flying knee.

This is getting way out of hand, go and look at Roy Jones JRs last fight against a guy who isn't even a journeyman and tell me that's what Anderon Silva is like, I'd like to see Roy nearly knock a man unconscious with a flying knee, Anderson is nowhere near as shot as Roy.

Well it's not to say Anderson is at the same exact point in his "past prime" state. But it is very similar. He is now a couple of steps slower than he used to be and that's a huge deal when talking timing. Not to mention his chin is clearly shot. A shot chin is a shot chin. It may get worse given the chance, it may not. But it's bad enough now that a fighter with very little KO power was able to drop him twice. Anderson was lucky to get out of there like he did. He should walk away now before we all get to see a Fedor like image of him to remember forever. I mean we have already seen him Ko'd but it's only going to get uglier with each new ko, I assure you.

Well it's not to say Anderson is at the same exact point in his "past prime" state. But it is very similar. He is now a couple of steps slower than he used to be and that's a huge deal when talking timing. Not to mention his chin is clearly shot. A shot chin is a shot chin. It may get worse given the chance, it may not. But it's bad enough now that a fighter with very little KO power was able to drop him twice. Anderson was lucky to get out of there like he did. He should walk away now before we all get to see a Fedor like image of him to remember forever. I mean we have already seen him Ko'd but it's only going to get uglier with each new ko, I assure you.
Mendes has more of a shot chin than Anderson, if his chin was shot then he'd get knocked unconscious with pitter patters. Bisping didn't even get the KO so where is this shot chin talk coming from? 1 or 2 knockdowns that was a result of Anderson being foolish?

So you're betting on Anderson going down the same path of Roy Jones JR? Well that's nothing but speculation so carry on spewing your delusional thoughts, just don't act like it's a fact, a shot fighter doesn't nearly knock a man unconscious with a flying knee.
I didnt speculate it, TS did........But at least I understood his comment, you did not

Ugh.......have a nice life

dont ever insult roy jones by comparing him to anderson

Mendes has more of a shot chin than Anderson, if his chin was shot then he'd get knocked unconscious with pitter patters. Bisping didn't even get the KO so where is this shot chin talk coming from? 1 or 2 knockdowns that was a result of Anderson being foolish?

Listen I am not trying to argue or upset you. Listen in my personal opinion we are talking about the greatest of all time here. If you do not see a clear nad evident decline in abilities then I just do not know what to say. I mean he is clearly not on the same level of physical ability he was a few years ago. He's been KO'd and now dropped a few times with punches he used to scoff at. Many times in the past he would have clearly laughed at those shots he took to the face. Now they cause him to fall. He survived it but still the reaction is no longer the same. I mean no disrespect to Bisping but lets be real a moment, he is not a heavy handed fighter at all. He doesn't drop guys with strong chins. If that had been another guy last night, a guy with real power in his fist then we most likely would have seen a sleeping Silva. I don't like seeing formally awesome fighters become normal everyday types. I only wish the best for Anderson and don't want him sticking around way past his prime. It's always a sad and ugly sight. I want to remember him at his best and not get to see an image of a Rockhold type guy standing over him tarnishing his legacy.

Back