Anderson silva final sparring session in brazil before the fight *Video*

Best shape I've ever seen him in. I thought his sparring defense would be more traditional but it's the same old slipping. I think he's fine in most cases for most opponents but these days, it makes me nervous.

The way he drops hands and barely moves away will result in Weidman KOing him again.

Best shape I've ever seen him in. I thought his sparring defense would be more traditional but it's the same old slipping. I think he's fine in most cases for most opponents but these days, it makes me nervous.

He still have a solid chin to backup his style of fighting.

Doesn't look good at all. He keeps his chin way to exposed. Diaz might not have the power to KO him, but Weidman will knock him senseless again.

Was going to post this too after watching the video. Not that this video is 100% indicative of how he is going to fight in the fight itself. However, he looks very hittable and his chin is right there for the taking. Hands low, etc.

Up until he hit his late 30's that worked like a charm because of his cat like reflexes. Nearing 40, he is going to get tagged a lot. It's a good thing for him that Diaz doesn't have one punch KO power (other than when Robbie ran headfirst into his fist like 12 years ago or whatever). I think there is a good chance AS will be brutally KO'd again if he goes in there against somebody with serious power and decent accuracy.

Every son has come to a day when they think they can whoop their dads ass. His son will never know that feeling.

One thing that worries me is his reliance on having fast reflexes. That is the first thing to go with old age. Roy Jones is the perfect example of a fighter who relied on that so much that it bit him in the ass at the later stage of his career.

Every son has come to a day when they think they can whoop their dads ass. His son will never know that feeling.

Lol Ryan Couture is an MMA fighter and he still can't whoop his dad. :icon_chee

Physically he looks great. Moving well and looks to be pretty strong. People need to just quit talking about Silva keeping his hands down etc.... the guy has been fighting this way his entire career and isn't going to stop now. Zebras don't change their stripes. His sparring partners do not seem to be on the same stratosphere as Silva, though. This is just a blink of his camp but he certainly does not seem to be pushed in any way by his partners.

Regarding Diaz the only real edge I think he would have would be cardio. If Silva starts to gas in the third and tries his lazy striking stuff I can see Nick pouring it on and racking up points with volume.

Should be an interesting fight.

His chin is back....if he's fighting a retired welterweight.

This is a showcase fight, hes supposed to do all the stuff he failed with Weidman. No risk of takedown, very low risk of getting kicked, low risked of block kicks, low risk of a KO, bigger, stronger, faster etc.

For a big name fight, Diaz is the absolute best style matchup for Silva. I bet Silva & Soares looked at a list of opponents: " Phil Davis...hell no he a non TUF LHW...Jacare, no he my friend...Machida, no he my friend."

Nick Diaz...Bingo. His fans will be on here & be screaming like Goldberg, "Look at the look in the eyes of Lidd...er Silva". "The Spider is BACK!"

I mean Chuck Liddell should have comeback to fight Carlos Condit or pull Dan Hardy out of retirement, he would have looked pretty good.

diaz gots the tools to beat silva but lets not kid ourselves

I don't want Nick to get embarrassed like a Forrest or a Bonnar, but at least he has the excuse that he's undersized(yes I will use it.) Actually I'd hate either to get embarrassed in an early finish.

Hoping for a good fight that goes at least 2 or 3 rounds.

It won't be a real loss if Silva loses in the 2 or 3 don't you know?

love his jab and head movement

forever legendary

For serious?

His head movement was atrocious. He leans it back trying to avoid punches, which is surely going to get him ktfo by any commited striker. It used to work because everyone was terrified to get in close, but Weidman showed that if you can get in and commit with multiple strike combos, you can catch him unable to sway back far enough.

I don't know man, if he lets Diaz start teeing off with combos and not covering up, he might be napping again. He got hit A LOT in that video.

Well,

looks like Diaz is getting fucked up. The kicks and the footwork are there.

maxresdefault.jpg

[YT]GEPwzzjkp-o[/YT]

Silva does Roy Jones moves, not **** fu moves. What were you talking about?

Mr.Anderson is looking good, fast and strong (ko sparring partner). You can see in the video that he still have a solid chin, and he is still doing his things, like eating punches, doing kung fu moves and keeping his hands down.

It will be a really interesting and good fight against Nick Diaz, i think Anderson Silva will KO him in the 1 round.
I dont see Nick Diaz winning this, but how he could do it?

[YT]9RpPIx8MFxo[/YT]

Anderson has looked to hace lost a step since his second fight with Okami... just my opinion. He looks kinda slow here

yeah that is what I have been saying too, I noticed a difference in his movment, speed and his offence starting from that fight, he has been decline consistently since every fight.

His chin is back....if he's fighting a retired welterweight.

This is a showcase fight, hes supposed to do all the stuff he failed with Weidman. No risk of takedown, very low risk of getting kicked, low risked of block kicks, low risk of a KO, bigger, stronger, faster etc.

For a big name fight, Diaz is the absolute best style matchup for Silva. I bet Silva & Soares looked at a list of opponents: " Phil Davis...hell no he a non TUF LHW...Jacare, no he my friend...Machida, no he my friend."

Nick Diaz...Bingo. His fans will be on here & be screaming like Goldberg, "Look at the look in the eyes of Lidd...er Silva". "The Spider is BACK!"

I mean Chuck Liddell should have comeback to fight Carlos Condit or pull Dan Hardy out of retirement, he would have looked pretty good.

I couldn't help but laugh while reading this in Anderson's voice.

Back