Anderson Silva eyeing for fight against George St. Pierre in 2019

Two reasons gsp doesn’t take this fight

1. Colitis and never getting big enough for 85 again

2. All Anderson’s ped problems.

Anderson still desperate for GSP.

Lol at this being a superfight in today’s climate
It is though.... A fight between two of the top 3 goats, who are still deadly. That's a fuckin fight I would watch for sure.
I don't even get what climate you are talking about.... The climate where the UFC is doing its worst numbers in years? Where sales are down & shows are shit??
You don't think this is the perfect climate for this fight??

No one cares in 2018!

GSP talked about a fighter’s stock.......Yeah, Anderson’s stock is peaking now!

I like how the Anderoid fans are pretending they want this fight, already knowing they'll just say he was out of his prime so it doesn't matter when GSP wins 50-44.
AS is my all time fav. I actually think he would lose with multiple 10-8's. But it would be epic to have that mythical chance he might do something special and win - and to have gsp put that kind of a beatdown on someone - glory days!~

GSP is doing Silva a favor by not fighting him

I think the people saying it wouldn't sell would be surprised. Those are two names everyone knows, and I bet people that haven't bought a ppv for years would come back, at least for that fight.

Still a super fight imo.

10(+/-) years too late but ok?

The media will hype this up like a super fight though.

I know I’ll be torn as a big fan of both.

If I could think of any point in making this fight, I would note it....Unfortunately I can't.

Nobody is asking for the fight other than Anderson. It would have made sense many years ago, but now? Anderson is very well past his prime, and no longer any type of contender in any way....

GSP can still beat the best fighters in the world.

If I could think of any point in making this fight, I would note it....Unfortunately I can't.

Nobody is asking for the fight other than Anderson. It would have made sense many years ago, but now? Anderson is very well past his prime, and no longer any type of contender in any way....

GSP can still beat the best fighters in the world.
It could make money, and this is prizefighting. That's all the reason we need. Still, GSP has a number of options on the table and Anderson really doesn't. Wouldn't be surprised if gsp declines chasing the chance to be the first triple champ.

And like every gsp fight, as soon as he signs to fight one guy he's ducking everyone else. If gsp drops to 155 and loses or can't drop to 155 I could see this happening as a retirement fight for both.

They could absolutely market it as the end of an era, who was the best guy from that era of mma etc. It would do big numbers with a solid undercard.

I like how the Anderoid fans are pretending they want this fight, already knowing they'll just say he was out of his prime so it doesn't matter when GSP wins 50-44.
50-44 lol

There’s a reason why GSP didn’t want this fight in the past (and still doesn’t)

Even though Anderson is now basically a shell of himself, I'd still love to see this fight. Better late than never. However GSP is still scared of Anderson so I bet he keeps running and making excuses.

It could make money, and this is prizefighting. That's all the reason we need. Still, GSP has a number of options on the table and Anderson really doesn't. Wouldn't be surprised if gsp declines chasing the chance to be the first triple champ.

And like every gsp fight, as soon as he signs to fight one guy he's ducking everyone else. If gsp drops to 155 and loses or can't drop to 155 I could see this happening as a retirement fight for both.

They could absolutely market it as the end of an era, who was the best guy from that era of mma etc. It would do big numbers with a solid undercard.
If he signed this fight or any fight at 85’ the ducking Whitaker scenario would be proved true.

But no he’s not taking anymore fights at 85 unfortunately.

The gsp that straggled the life out of bisping would hurt Anderson today badly.

Gsp has not follen off like Anderson has.

But he can’t ever get big enough for 85 again

If he signed this fight or any fight at 85’ the ducking Whitaker scenario would be proved true.

But no he’s not taking anymore fights at 85 unfortunately.

The gsp that straggled the life out of bisping would hurt Anderson today badly.

Gsp has not follen off like Anderson has.

But he can’t ever get big enough for 85 again
Eh the ducking Whitaker stuff is bullshit. Guy said he has UC, which definitely fucks you up and makes it hard to put on weight. He was never a guy with a mws frame to begin with. He's actually on the smaller side as a WW. But UC is an illness that flares and then goes into remission. 185 isn't out of the question if he stays healthy long enough. I'd rather see him go down and beat Khabib and become the first triple champ.

That secures his legacy in a way no other fight could, AND is still a money fight.

This matchup only makes sense because they're both irrelevant to title pictures, and were the best in their respective divisions.

They are irrelevant for different reasons though. Anderson because he keeps losing/popping and GSP because he keeps vacating.

GSP has a better chance of fighting at LW than MW again. If he goes back to MW then people are going to really going to call him out on his colitis as ducking Whittaker.

Back