Anderson Silva eyeing for fight against George St. Pierre in 2019

Huge GSP fan but Silva beats him and he knows it.

Would have loved this fight 6 years ago.

Anderson will be 44 then. GSP only 38. I have GSP as the heavy favorite.

@Kneeuinthenutz

If I could think of any point in making this fight, I would note it....Unfortunately I can't.

Nobody is asking for the fight other than Anderson. It would have made sense many years ago, but now? Anderson is very well past his prime, and no longer any type of contender in any way....

GSP can still beat the best fighters in the world.

Yeah, but this fight would still be a huge money fight based on name value alone. GSP could make just as much money, or more, from this fight than fighting a seriously dangerous contender or champion. It's all the reward with almost none of the risk. This fight should be a no-brainer for all involved, especially GSP.

It’s still one of the bigger fights that could be made.

Everyone still wants to see it, except most GSP fans.

Because Anderson is not “deserving”. That’s the only reason why. Nothing else.
<{silvanormal}><209Bitch>
If GSP wins, are you willing to say GSP was always the better fighter?
Or are you going to use an already built in excuse that Anderson is too old now?
This is a no win fight for GSP, only his fans will see this as a win...and you know it

Eh the ducking Whitaker stuff is bullshit. Guy said he has UC, which definitely fucks you up and makes it hard to put on weight. He was never a guy with a mws frame to begin with. He's actually on the smaller side as a WW. But UC is an illness that flares and then goes into remission. 185 isn't out of the question if he stays healthy long enough. I'd rather see him go down and beat Khabib and become the first triple champ.

That secures his legacy in a way no other fight could, AND is still a money fight.

Oh I know it’s bullshkt, we saw how fast his weight fell off.

He didn’t even come into the fight as heavy as he had been a week before.

I’m just saying if he fights at 185, it has to be against Whitaker.

If he can fight Andy at 85 then he could fight Whitaker too.

If he didn’t then it would be ducking.

Technically, yes. But not really.

bisping-silva-knee-third-round.gif

Silva's own damn fault, had he followed up the fight may have been stopped. Bisping was not out however, and the round ended seconds later. IN the fourth what did Silva do? Put his back up against the fence and lost the round. WTF was he thinking I will never know.

Silva's own damn fault, had he followed up the fight may have been stopped. Bisping was not out however, and the round ended seconds later. IN the fourth what did Silva do? Put his back up against the fence and lost the round. WTF was he thinking I will never know.

The bell rang the second he fell, this is a false narrative that he had time to finish

I'd love to see St-Pierre beat Silva, but I'd much rather see him fight someone relevant.

Oh I know it’s bullshkt, we saw how fast his weight fell off.

He didn’t even come into the fight as heavy as he had been a week before.

I’m just saying if he fights at 185, it has to be against Whitaker.

If he can fight Andy at 85 then he could fight Whitaker too.

If he didn’t then it would be ducking.
I disagree as he's not holding a belt there, he could fight anyone at 185. Whitaker fight wouldn't be a money fight for him, wouldn't blame him for going back up only for a fight he wants. It's not like he owes Whitaker anything, or like he's a 185er in his prime, that should be fighting other high level 185ers.

I wanted that years ago, not so much today especially considering how far Silva has fallen.

No, I’m not sure you know what it means.

A fight between the best 2 fighters which wouldn’t sell as well as GSP/Anderson isn’t a superfight?
What are you even talking about?

There can be more than one superfight

Anderson vs GSP qualifies

No one agrees with you

I mean, Silva might not have Serra power, but anything can happen in a fight...

<Fedor23>

St Pierre wants to be Triple Champ... Pretty sure Anderson doesn't have a belt to make that happen.

Im a gsp fan and i hope they make it the main event of the toronto card so i can watch gsp kick that can live.

What are you even talking about?

There can be more than one superfight

Anderson vs GSP qualifies

No one agrees with you

The only people who agree with you are die hard Anderson fans who still think he’s relevant

The WW GOAT who hasn’t lost since 2007 that won the MW title recently vs MW GOAT who has 1 win in 4 years and has had a disgraceful end to a career?

That’s a superfight?

Either you are easily pleased or a super nuthugger

Would you say that Manny vs Floyd was a superfight?

Back