Anderson Silva believes his name will be cleared soon

I have believed and supported him 100 % this whole time.

We need justice. We need his name cleared

you mean he bought himself some time so that he could hire a team of experts to build his case?

Well, I guess we'll find out. But no strategy has ever worked better with athletic commissions than admitting fault and begging for mercy.

I doubt they're going to want a Johnnie Cochrane show.

I think that's about as likely as Wanderlei's claims that everything was smoothed out with AC.

anderson has a big name

i wouldnt be surprised if they manage a way to nullify the positive tests

Was the inconsistency that they didn't find everything so the test is unreliable?

Like those 3 police officers who raided the MJ dispensary, destroyed the cameras, missed one, and are saying the camera catching them eating the pot brownies can't be used against them because they thought they destroyed all the cameras so they had an expectation of privacy.

holy shit...hadnt heard about that. happened in OC too. and some people wonder why other people hate cops.

these guys didn't even kill any unarmed people. discussing punching a woman in a wheelchair, stealing edibles and then asking for the footage to be thrown out is despicable.

i dont think his name will ever be completely clear
he doesnt understand how much his failed test hurt us all

but it would help...

holy shit...hadnt heard about that. happened in OC too. and some people wonder why other people hate cops.

these guys didn't even kill any unarmed people. discussing punching a woman in a wheelchair, stealing edibles and then asking for the footage to be thrown out is despicable.

Their defense is hilarious. They deserve whatever they get, and more.

anderson has a big name

i wouldnt be surprised if they manage a way to nullify the positive tests

I think MMA and the UFC are already used to life without Anderson. Had it been during his title reign, there might have been more pressure to find an amicable solution.

It's a war on steroids now, and Anderson is the face of steroids in MMA, fair or not. I don't think they'll apply the new program of penalties to him, but I think he'll get "the usual" under the old rules. Nine months or whatever that is.

He really doesn't have much left on that anyway.

I honestly think the biggest risk is that he shows up and pisses them off by showing no contrition, and they throw the book at him.

I think he'll be back too, but mostly because he's delayed the hearings so long that there won't be a lot of time left on his suspension anyways.

True, didn't really think of that. However, he failed 2 tests--they could give him 2 sentences and even though it was before the new policies they could use that as a guideline and throw the book at him...3 years for the first, 4 for the second. 7 yearseses.

The NAC is not known for admitting fault or really doing anything but following standard protocol. Even if I thought Anderson had a strong case, which it doesn't seem like he does, I would never expect the NAC to err on the side of reason. They will always follow standard procedure, which is a suspension.

Well, I guess we'll find out. But no strategy has ever worked better with athletic commissions than admitting fault and begging for mercy.

I doubt they're going to want a Johnnie Cochrane show.

The commission did let him fight after failing the pre-fight test.

keep that in perspective.

The NAC is not known for admitting fault or really doing anything but following standard protocol. Even if I thought Anderson had a strong case, which it doesn't seem like he does, I would never expect the NAC to err on the side of reason. They will always follow standard procedure, which is a suspension.

He failed the pre-fight test and they still let him fight Diaz, so they could fine Anderson for their biggest paycheck and on top of that tax the UFC on that big-draw money.

He failed the pre-fight test and they still let him fight Diaz, so they could fine Anderson for their biggest paycheck and on top of that tax the UFC on that big-draw money.

Didn't the pre fight drug test come in much after the fight? It was the Jones fight where his pre fight test came in early.

I swear I remember reading some stuff from people questioning how it was possible that the Anderson test came back that late...

True, didn't really think of that. However, he failed 2 tests--they could give him 2 sentences and even though it was before the new policies they could use that as a guideline and throw the book at him...3 years for the first, 4 for the second. 7 yearseses.

Even if they hated his guts, I'd be shocked if they used 2 tests for the same fight as 2 different offenses.

The commission did let him fight after failing the pre-fight test.

keep that in perspective.

They did, but that was a different world.

Pre-Anderson steroid bust was kind of like pre-9/11.

Back