Anderson Silva believes his name will be cleared soon

but he was, and the news would come out.
In any sport, your star player have a lot of scrutiny, and is deemed an example to be followed.
You know the fallout. The image he portraits, is the image of the sport.

By allowing him to fight while knowing he has a drug issue is asinine in any way you want to look at it.

So much so that he is now indefinitely suspended.

but let it be. I don't want to hijack this thread to discuss something that should be basic common sense...
His suspension has nothing to do with coke. Whether the UFC should have handled it differently is an ENTIRELY different discussion than whether the AC should have licensed him.

He did nothing to prevent his being licensed to fight. He did not fail a test that would prevent the fight due to AC issues. You do have a valid point, it just is not valid in the context of this thread.

Honestly at this stage it wouldn't make too much difference would it? if Anderson gets a typical 12 month suspension back dated he'll only be side-lined until early 2016.

Losing happens. Steroid abuse is a conscious choice.

Yeah, but Fedor got more sh*t for losing 3 in a row, after he clearly lost a few steps, then anderson did for losing 2 in a row AND getting caught.

The UFC shut up about him being the GOAT though, which they were forcing down MMA throats very forcefully.

But this is not the same as the sh*t that Fedor got.

Then by that measure why did he "apologize" if he did nothing "wrong"?
He was told to go get some fans.

Because the UFC brass made him? The same money mongrels who let the fight happen?

Tell me in what other professional league sport would someone be allowed to get popped for Coke without serious repercussions? Do you think it would've been okay to let Arthur or Chandler play in the Super Bowl if they got popped a couple weeks before the big game? Hell no.. And they probably would've been suspended half the season if not more. Ever heard of Josh Hamilton? He has to piss in a cup 3x a week.

So are you saying anyone who drinks alcohol or has ever tried coke would be punished? Or only someone with a serious addiction? Can you prove Jones has a serious addiction?

Does MLB random test players in the off season since that is analogous to out of competition. What would be the punishment for a first failure?

Yeah, but Fedor got more sh*t for losing 3 in a row, after he clearly lost a few steps, then anderson did for losing 2 in a row AND getting caught.

The UFC shut up about him being the GOAT though, which they were forcing down MMA throats very forcefully.

But this is not the same as the sh*t that Fedor got.

That was probably more the fact Fedor hardcore fans are probably the most annoying in all of MMA, and people were mad he refused to sign with the UFC. His fall from grace was not nearly as bad as Silva's.

That was probably more the fact Fedor hardcore fans are probably the most annoying in all of MMA, and people were mad he refused to sign with the UFC. His fall from grace was not nearly as bad as Silva's.

I'm sure Fedor's fans were annoying if you were a UFC fanboy but even though there were a handful of crazy ones here they were as nothing compared to the insanity of Silva's fanbase post Weidman loses. I'v never seen so much utter BS talked up by so many people as I did in the weeks/months after those fights.

It was like watching a bunch of 7 year olds throwing a tantrum when they'd just found out Santa Claus wasn't real.

I'm sure Fedor's fans were annoying if you were a UFC fanboy but even though there were a handful of crazy ones here they were as nothing compared to the insanity of Silva's fanbase post Weidman loses. I'v never seen so much utter BS talked up by so many people as I did in the weeks/months after those fights.

It was like watching a bunch of 7 year olds throwing a tantrum when they'd just found out Santa Claus wasn't real.

It didn't last though. Now only the true hardcore fans are like that.

I will say Fedor is not GOAT, but he is the HW GOAT, and Fedor fans will act like I blasphemed against God and go berserk.

I will say Fedor is not GOAT, but he is the HW GOAT, and Fedor fans will act like I blasphemed against God and go berserk.

Who's your GOAT?

Fedor fans are the best fans in MMA.

Fedor is the greatest and the most unbeatable fighter ever.

If you are talking about guys saying that he can't lose and got annoeyed by them it's your damn fault.

I never take statements like this seriously. Nobody is unbeatable and every top fighter has a chance.

Exaggerations about Fedor are for fun.

Facts about his career are for serious conversations.

Very interested to see what ace Anderson has up his sleeve, if any. Even if it's simply creative lawyering, that alone will be worth the price of admission.

If a man is going to plead his innocence this much and will do so publicly before his accusers, the least we can do is hear the man out.

Very interested to see what ace Anderson has up his sleeve, if any. Even if it's simply creative lawyering, that alone will be worth the price of admission.

If a man is going to plead his innocence this much and will do so publicly before his accusers, the least we can do is hear the man out.

Some other Silva already did that.

Because you are wrong when you say a stupid thing like that.

The sooner you realise that P4P isn't real (even if it was Fedor would have been the GOAT), the sooner you will accept the FACT that Fedor is the MMA GOAT. Followed by Minotauro and Werdum.

Because you are wrong when you say a stupid thing like that.

The sooner you realise that P4P isn't real (even if it was Fedor would have been the GOAT), the sooner you will accept the FACT that Fedor is the MMA GOAT. Followed by Minotauro and Werdum.

Let me guess, you also think Cro-Cop is 4, Randleman is 5, Coleman is 6, and Arlovski is 7 in GOAT rankings

Easy to say in hindsight. That he shoulda retired after Bonnar

he should have retired after losing to weidman for second time, that would have been the right time for him to say bye. Instead he had a joke of a fight against Diaz and he blew it big fucking time when he decided to roid.

Back