Anderson Silva And Machida

If 46 year old dan Henderson can get a TS after a win over hector lombard on the heels of a KO loss to Vitor/moose, AS or Lyoto have a solid chance. Doesn't take much to "earn" a title shot these days.

I'm sure the UFC has no problem with giving either guy a shot and happily make jacare vs camozzi 3 for the interim belt.

Only thing is MW div is so stacked right now with overdue contenders for the belt.

Nah they done their dues and had a great time along the way to success in their respective divisions.

He still got saved by the ref and bisping was out on the floor leaking blood defenseless. 100% that could have been stopped with no arguements.
Are we gonna act like bisking was paying attention to Anderson and not trying to get his mouthpiece from herb when he was sucker-kneed

Anderson's finished. He looked like shit his past who knows how many bouts. Awful vs. DC. Just collecting a paycheck.

Lyoto might have a few more highlight KO's to dish out.

You expected a 39 year old veteran of a 19 year career, on less than 2 days notice, coming off of surgery, to do well against Daniel Cormier with a full camp?

I would say under the circumstances Anderson actually performed better than anyone expected him to.

His highlight reel against top ranked fighters at the time speaks for itself

machida_by_fincher7-da9smkc.gif

giphy.gif

n2e8o5.jpg

Lyoto_Machida_vs._Gegard_Mousasi_8.gif

tumblr_miq9zd2uxn1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

tumblr_n8d74ncA6V1qe6bjmo1_400.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Are we gonna act like bisking was paying attention to Anderson and not trying to get his mouthpiece from herb when he was sucker-kneed

Protect urself at all times. Rookie little kid mistake. No such thing as sucker punch in a fight.

Bisping fought awfully well in the 4th for a guy who had just been KO'd, don't you think?

Definitely, but that doesn't change the fact that he leveled Bisping with a flying knee and sent him face-first to the mat. Epic fight.

Definitely, but that doesn't change the fact that he leveled Bisping with a flying knee and sent him face-first to the mat. Epic fight.

Oh I'm not arguing that the fight couldn't be stopped there. I'm just saying if he was knocked out like so many people want to claim why did he come back and win the 4th round?

how can you call it epic when Bisping wasnt even paying attention to the fight and trying to get his mouthpiece back from herb

how can you call it epic when Bisping wasnt even paying attention to the fight and trying to get his mouthpiece back from herb

Bisping is a whinny little girl, it made the flying knee more epic. Bisping isnt exactly a clean fighter eirther, kneeing downed opponents.

By the time Machi da is off his BS suspension and puts meld in positron fire a title shot he'll be at least 40. He's my favorite fighter, but his entire style is made for a younger man's body. That said, Hendo made it to 47 so who knows

Silva could possibly fight for the title again. I don't think it's unrealistic at all. Bisping is champ and he had a very tough fight against Silva. He pretty much needs just one good TKO win and the UFC would probably give him the shot.
his last win was 2011 and is riding a 5 fight losing streak.. yet you think he's a fight away from a TS??

his last win was 2011 and is riding a 5 fight losing streak.. yet you think he's a fight away from a TS??

Alexander Gustafson got a titleshot coming off a TKO loss, Dan Henderson got a titleshot with only a one win streak, when there were clearly more deserving contenders. And again, Silva fought a very entertaining close fight against the current champ not all that long ago. He's the MW goat, of course they will give him a TS as soon as he gets just a little bit of momentum. The UFC makes the fights that sell, not necessarily who is most deserving.

Back