Anderson Silva And Machida

Only thing is MW div is so stacked right now with overdue contenders for the belt.
True, won't deny that. All I'm saying is that top contenders get passed up all the time with the way UFC runs things these days. Connor getting a shot a LW belt with no wins at LW. Garbrant getting a shot over TJ when his best win is over ranked #21 Tekeya Mizugaki. Hendo getting a shot over jacare/Romero. Wouldn't be out of the ordinary to see either guy in the hunt after a KO win. Besides, Who knows what the MW will look like when Machida gets back from suspension a 18 months from now.

Machida would clearly destroy bisping who is champ.

man, i dont know if hes training or not, but in shape he still got what it takes to take bisping out

how can you call it epic when Bisping wasnt even paying attention to the fight and trying to get his mouthpiece back from herb

That's on Bisping, no one else. The ref tells them before every main event in the cage "protect yourself at all times, obey my instructions at all times".

a593f504e341944365b627042e9528e3.jpg
8e430256-4efe-426e-941f-9944793f1c36.jpg

You expected a 39 year old veteran of a 19 year career, on less than 2 days notice, coming off of surgery, to do well against Daniel Cormier with a full camp?

I would say under the circumstances Anderson actually performed better than anyone expected him to.
Like you say, Anderson's no rookie when it comes to fighting. He should be dangerous 24/7. Too bad for him, his reign of dominance relied heavily on his aura and his opponents being scared of him to the point of being frozen in fear.

Segals hair looks like it came off a playmobil figure.

It's hard to move on. Moving on, doesn't mean forget. It's just necessary to heal.

Like you say, Anderson's no rookie when it comes to fighting. He should be dangerous 24/7. Too bad for him, his reign of dominance relied heavily on his aura and his opponents being scared of him to the point of being frozen in fear.

He is dangerous 24/7. Did you not see him visibly hurt DC two different times in the very short amount of time they were standing in the cage? Expecting him to have anything for DC given the circumstances is just crazy.

If 46 year old dan Henderson can get a TS after a win over hector lombard on the heels of a KO loss to Vitor/moose, AS or Lyoto have a solid chance. Doesn't take much to "earn" a title shot these days.

I'm sure the UFC has no problem with giving either guy a shot and happily make jacare vs camozzi 3 for the interim belt.

Nope.

Henderson is a completely different fighter compared to AS and Machida.

When guys get old the last thing thing to go is power and the first things to go are speed, reflexes, reaction time, accuracy, precision etc. Hendo relied heavily on power and toughness the majority of his career but especially towards the end. The things I listed are what made Silva and Machida so great but they're also not so great anymore because age effected them more than anyone else and they don't have the power/strength to fall back on.

You saw what Romero and Rockhold did to Machida. Usada did him a favor to not let him fight. Hopefully for good.

Rewind the clock even 4 years and you wouldn't see the GOAT get dropped by Bisping let alone lose to him. He would've finished Bisping easily before 3 via highlight reel KO.

Nope.

Henderson is a completely different fighter compared to AS and Machida.

When guys get old the last thing thing to go is power and the first things to go are speed, reflexes, reaction time, accuracy, precision etc. Hendo relied heavily on power and toughness the majority of his career but especially towards the end. The things I listed are what made Silva and Machida so great but they're also not so great anymore because age effected them more than anyone else and they don't have the power/strength to fall back on.

You saw what Romero and Rockhold did to Machida. Usada did him a favor to not let him fight. Hopefully for good.

Rewind the clock even 4 years and you wouldn't see the GOAT get dropped by Bisping let alone lose to him. He would've finished Bisping easily before 3 via highlight reel KO.
I agree with what you're saying but my main argument is that people are gifted title shots for almost nothing these days. Hendo got his shot against with a win over an old Hector Lombard. Lombard isn't even close to the level of Romero/Rockhold. If AS/Lyoto were given the Lombard fight just like Hendo then I would still heavily favor both against Lombard.

Both AS/Lyoto have aged pretty bad the past few years, no doubt but if you give them a favorable matchup, I'm thinking that most fight fans would pick a KO in favor of AS/Lyoto.

Back