Anderson Silva And Machida

Thought he really wanted to be a 2division champ.
i dont think I have heard anyone since Conor NOT say that. All of a sudden everyone wants to be the next one to do it.

As far as Lyoto....November 13, 2010 he said that. Long time ago

He still got saved by the ref and bisping was out on the floor leaking blood defenseless. 100% that could have been stopped with no arguements.

but it wasnt

bisping is champ

silva is done

welcome to reality

Will we see the Former champs possiby fight for the title again? Or at least one more front kick ko?

View attachment 182351
Anderson was over rated his entire career. Sure he was good but he wouldn't last against top middleweights in todays era. Guys like Rockhold, romero and Brunson all beat him

He still got saved by the ref and bisping was out on the floor leaking blood defenseless. 100% that could have been stopped with no arguements.

It could have been stopped, however if anything saved Bisping it was the fact that the round ended about 1-2 seconds after the knee landed. Anderson had no time to follow it up with anything. That doesn't mean Bisping was knocked out.

Anderson was over rated his entire career. Sure he was good but he wouldn't last against top middleweights in todays era. Guys like Rockhold, romero and Brunson all beat him

Brunson, who just got knocked out by Whittaker in a fight consisting of trading haymakers, and Rockhold, who got blasted out by the same Vitor that Anderson arguably landing his most defining strike on? Right.

Anderson's finished. He looked like shit his past who knows how many bouts. Awful vs. DC. Just collecting a paycheck.

Lyoto might have a few more highlight KO's to dish out.

They had their time in the sunshine, time to ride off into the sunset. There's more to life than fighting.

Not saying they couldn't both beat some good guys still, particularly Machida, but that (BS) 2 year suspension really hurts him.

Last edited:

If silva fought romero right now the biggest romero fan would still be scared.

If 46 year old dan Henderson can get a TS after a win over hector lombard on the heels of a KO loss to Vitor/moose, AS or Lyoto have a solid chance. Doesn't take much to "earn" a title shot these days.

I'm sure the UFC has no problem with giving either guy a shot and happily make jacare vs camozzi 3 for the interim belt.

Unfair suspension,
But what do you care, you just want to hate
not long enough, this sport needs to be cleaned up from all of the boring point fighters.

Just like boring, play it safe, point fighters are not GOAT-calibre.

Machida is the Karate goat. Hit me back when Stephen thompson actually gets a belt, dudes in his prime and got the breaks beat off him.

Back