Anderson Silva (2015) vs. Royce Gracie (2007) Which failed test hurt MMA more?

Is this a trick question or something.

Anderoids test hurt the most and that is a no brainer. This one failed test is single handedly the worst drug test failure in the history of the sport.

Silva fans used to hail him as the roider killer. Pretty embarrassing for him.

MMA fans are going to watch regardless. Casual fans have no idea that he tested positive, and if they did, it doesn't matter as he was done main eventing long ago. The tiny amount of *********s out there feigning outrage over this are not a large enough population to merit discussion.

This.

Lets be real here, Anderson is 40, and probably only really came back after that horrific leg break just to show that he could. He's got nothing left to prove or achieve in the sport, and despite the ridiculous 15-fight contract he supposedly signed prior to the Diaz fight, is probably done with the rat-race of being a contender, and is only going to be around for big money "superfights". The show goes on with or without him at this point.

Yeah, Anderson pissing hot does somewhat bring in to question how long he's been gassing, but in isolation, it's really not that controversial. He was coming off what could have (or should have) been a career-ending and life-altering injury, fighting a perpetually "retired"/suspended/inactive non-contender in the weight class in Nick Diaz. It's not nearly "relevant" like a Jon Jones or Ronda Rousey testing positive right after a title defense would be.

Royce's failed test is about 50 shades less relevant still.

Royce was completely irrelevant when he failed. Was hardly news.

I disagree. Royce Gracie was fighting on a big card against Kazushi Sakuraba.

[YT]5OVWUY9ehDo[/YT]

I'm surprised anybody gives a rat's ass about a failed drug test in MMA

combat sports are inherently dirty....

I'd be shocked if 75-85% of MMA fighters weren't taking some sort of illegal supplement

I'm surprised anybody gives a rat's ass about a failed drug test in MMA

combat sports are inherently dirty....

I'd be shocked if 75-85% of MMA fighters weren't taking some sort of illegal supplement

Yah, I don't think that 75%-85% is accurate anymore with USADA in place.

Designer steroids are really, really expensive and with a 3 year minimum suspension I just don't see nearly as many fighters willing to take the risk.

Back