Anderson Got Pwned

CharmingCritic

Orange Belt
Reaction score
14mys6.gif

Chael is the man. I thoroughly enjoyed watching Anderson get beat up. Hell of a come from behind win though, I must say.

that can happen when a southpaw sees another southpaw.

Chael = Buster Douglas, except he didn't even win

Although with this performance, MW title picture is suddenly interesting with Belfort/Sonnen/Maia/Silva/Okami, because they all seem to be rock-paper-scissors to eachother.

I'd say a rematch favors Silva though - Chael is going to come in cautious while Silva is serious and focused.

TS, must be annoying, no one is taking your bait.

Ya he sure was, before he lost the fight.

This is no different than Randleman KOing CroCop/Mir KOing Kongo. Silva expected a double leg and got punched in the face.

It comes down to this: Anderson got a win from behind by capitalizing on his opponent's momentary lapse of judgement.

Prior to that, Chael handled Anderson better than anyone has, and that's saying something. He shut down Anderson several times in the fight while standing and out positioned him on the ground.

So from a skill level perspective, CS did great. Lacking in power though to finish the job. AS showed his ability to survive and capitalize, but also showed he's human.

This is no different than Randleman KOing CroCop/Mir KOing Kongo. Silva expected a double leg and got punched in the face.

Punchers chance is an instance. Chael dominating 23 minutes of this fight was a wrestlers chance? Or are you only talking about those two combos?

I expectEd Silva to methodically pick Chael apart
before putting him away with knees, oh well...

Very impressed with Chael.

I expectEd Silva to methodically pick Chael apart
before putting him away with knees, oh well...

Very impressed with Chael.

not impressed w/chael at all; he did what henderson could have done if he would have kept wrestling and not committed to trying to bomb anderson out, the one thing chael did take from hendo was letting the wrestling set the table for the striking.

when a guy knows your wrestling is that effective, he has to respect it, esp when you can transition or switch from striking to shooting that quick; meaning you are gonna get cracked OFTEN, it happend to mousasi against king mo, happened to page against evans, it happened to anderson against hendo it happened to cro cop agaonst randleman and gonzaga and it happened against sonnen.

the only difference is sonnen has some okay hands; better than leben leites maia hendo, he isn't smooth or whatever..but he is functionally effective and has alot of confidence in them. Trevor wittman agrees w/me, evans-marquardt-schaub-carwins striking coach. so him landing didn't shock me either, when he throws them thangs, he lands them as miller-okami-filho.

chael didn't finish and wasn't able to control enough or land enough to warrant a stoppage even thought he "controlled" the fight, anderson did more damage to sonnen than vice versa and more importantly silva finished. Its like a receiver who has a thousand receiving yards and none or one td; it shows alot, but it also shows an inability to finish. Its like a team possessing the ball 85% of the time and then losing; sonnen controlled the fight 97% of the time an still managed to find a way to lose.

im more impressed w/silva who has managed to sub each and every guy who took him down and controlled him, hendo choked out...lutter triangled...sonnen triangled; in each fight he was forced to his worst area and FINISHED all three guys, two of them from his back..

w/the exception of brock/silva none of the other champs or fmr champs, recent; have shown an ability to fight through adversity or win when its not going their way, evans couldn't land on lyoto he gets koed...lyoto can't handle methodical pressure and gets koed...page can't handle an opp who won't back down and applies pressure/leg kicks and loses a decision. The one time gsp got tested or put in a bad spot; he tapped, even though he didnt take one tenth of the damage silva did in his fight.

silva has shown he can ko, beat u into submission, outpoint you, outclass you, and submit you; an whether he is on his game or not, he will beat you..what other champ has won against top guys in such a manner. Not gsp..not lesnar..not penn.. not rua.

an before you tell me how sonnen is easy to finish, let me stop you only babalu filho maia have recently subbed him; all of them are very good grapplers, in the case of filho and maia world class grapplers. Sonnen has really only been subbed by the better fighters and best grapplers and he was subbed by anderson silva...

Last edited:
not impressed w/chael at all; he did what henderson could have done if he would have kept wrestling and not committed to trying to bomb anderson out, the one thing chael did take from hendo was letting the wrestling set the table for the striking.

when a guy knows your wrestling is that effective, he has to respect it, esp when you can transition or switch from striking to shooting that quick; meaning you are gonna get cracked OFTEN, it happend to mousasi against king mo, happened to page against evans, it happened to anderson against hendo it happened to cro cop agaonst randleman and gonzaga and it happened against sonnen.

the only difference is sonnen has some okay hands; better than leben leites maia hendo, he isn't smooth or whatever..but he is functionally effective and has alot of confidence in them. Trevor wittman agrees w/me, evans-marquardt-schaub-carwins striking coach. so him landing didn't shock me either, when he throws them thangs, he lands them as miller-okami-filho.

chael didn't finish and wasn't able to control enough or land enough to warrant a stoppage even thought he "controlled" the fight, anderson did more damage to sonnen than vice versa and more importantly silva finished. Its like a receiver who has a thousand receiving yards and none or one td; it shows alot, but it also shows an inability to finish. Its like a team possessing the ball 85% of the time and then losing; sonnen controlled the fight 97% of the time an still managed to find a way to lose.

im more impressed w/silva who has managed to sub each and every guy who took him down and controlled him, hendo choked out...lutter triangled...sonnen triangled; in each fight he was forced to his worst area and FINISHED all three guys, two of them from his back..

w/the exception of brock/silva none of the other champs or fmr champs, recent; have shown an ability to fight through adversity or win when its not going their way, evans couldn't land on lyoto he gets koed...lyoto can't handle methodical pressure and gets koed...page can't handle an opp who won't back down and applies pressure/leg kicks and loses a decision. The one time gsp got tested or put in a bad spot; he tapped, even though he didnt take one tenth of the damage silva did in his fight.

silva has shown he can ko, beat u into submission, outpoint you, outclass you, and submit you; an whether he is on his game or not, he will beat you..what other champ has won against top guys in such a manner. Not gsp..not lesnar..not penn.. not rua.

an before you tell me how sonnen is easy to finish, let me stop you only babalu filho maia have recently subbed him; all of them are very good grapplers, in the case of filho and maia world class grapplers. Sonnen has really only been subbed by the better fighters and best grapplers and he was subbed by anderson silva...

lol

this was the funniest shit i ever saw in a fight. I was cracking up so hard, and then when Chael started slamming his head into the canvas, that was pure gold.

Chael did an amazing job and all the tools who say they "weren't impressed" have to remember that they are nothing more than armchair critics and it doesn't matter what impresses you or not.

happy to see Silva get the win but what a great performance by Chael.

whoah partna

Anderson took Chael's shots like they were nothing. Chute Boxe dudes are tough as nails.

Back