Anderson Got Pwned

If that shit happened to Fedor, people would be shitting themselves about how great of a chin he has.
It happens to Anderson, and people act like he wasnt only paying attention to shots and didnt beat the hell out of Chael standing in the 4th.

t7d892.gif

How on earth is that legal??? Can't you burst somebody's eardrums like that??? I would have tapped to that probably.

The other day I got accidentally hit on my ear and my ear started ringing...scary stuff.

How on earth is that legal??? Can't you burst somebody's eardrums like that??? I would have tapped to that probably.

The other day I got accidentally hit on my ear and my ear started ringing...scary stuff.

He never hit the ears, it was ll on the skull. Annoying but not very damaging. Like alot of Sonnen was doing. Silvia did a solid job of robbing Sonnen's GnP of effective power. Almost a a reversed layNpray strategy.

Chael did a great job controlling Silva. Great takedowns, decent hands, great top control, and pushed the pace. Silva did not have any answers.

Problem with Chael is he works soley from inside guard... never even tries to pass. It is very hard to finish anybody from inside their guard, so he has to grind out decision wins and avoid getting caught in a sub the whole time.

you=pussy

what happens when you box a southpaw?

Hes fought other south paws though and trains with Lil Nog and Machida. Thats not much of an excuse.

Anderson simply got handled in that fight. It happens though, everyone here has had off days at the gym where you get bested by people you should beat.

Is it me, or do people seem to forget that Silva won the fight?

not impressed w/chael at all; he did what henderson could have done if he would have kept wrestling and not committed to trying to bomb anderson out, the one thing chael did take from hendo was letting the wrestling set the table for the striking.

when a guy knows your wrestling is that effective, he has to respect it, esp when you can transition or switch from striking to shooting that quick; meaning you are gonna get cracked OFTEN, it happend to mousasi against king mo, happened to page against evans, it happened to anderson against hendo it happened to cro cop agaonst randleman and gonzaga and it happened against sonnen.

the only difference is sonnen has some okay hands; better than leben leites maia hendo, he isn't smooth or whatever..but he is functionally effective and has alot of confidence in them. Trevor wittman agrees w/me, evans-marquardt-schaub-carwins striking coach. so him landing didn't shock me either, when he throws them thangs, he lands them as miller-okami-filho.

chael didn't finish and wasn't able to control enough or land enough to warrant a stoppage even thought he "controlled" the fight, anderson did more damage to sonnen than vice versa and more importantly silva finished. Its like a receiver who has a thousand receiving yards and none or one td; it shows alot, but it also shows an inability to finish. Its like a team possessing the ball 85% of the time and then losing; sonnen controlled the fight 97% of the time an still managed to find a way to lose.

im more impressed w/silva who has managed to sub each and every guy who took him down and controlled him, hendo choked out...lutter triangled...sonnen triangled; in each fight he was forced to his worst area and FINISHED all three guys, two of them from his back..

w/the exception of brock/silva none of the other champs or fmr champs, recent; have shown an ability to fight through adversity or win when its not going their way, evans couldn't land on lyoto he gets koed...lyoto can't handle methodical pressure and gets koed...page can't handle an opp who won't back down and applies pressure/leg kicks and loses a decision. The one time gsp got tested or put in a bad spot; he tapped, even though he didnt take one tenth of the damage silva did in his fight.

silva has shown he can ko, beat u into submission, outpoint you, outclass you, and submit you; an whether he is on his game or not, he will beat you..what other champ has won against top guys in such a manner. Not gsp..not lesnar..not penn.. not rua.

an before you tell me how sonnen is easy to finish, let me stop you only babalu filho maia have recently subbed him; all of them are very good grapplers, in the case of filho and maia world class grapplers. Sonnen has really only been subbed by the better fighters and best grapplers and he was subbed by anderson silva...

Agreed!

Last edited:
what happens when you box a southpaw?

like fighting against a mirror basically, makes you have to think a little more since punches are being thrown the exact opposite of what you're used to... but there is a BIG difference between a boxer or kickboxer southpaw stance and a wrestler. wrestlers tend to keep there dominant foot forward, bjj guys tend to do the opposite. so you end up fighting against a wrestler that you're much better than in striking, KNOWING he just wants to get you to the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes fought other south paws though and trains with Lil Nog and Machida. Thats not much of an excuse.

Anderson simply got handled in that fight. It happens though, everyone here has had off days at the gym where you get bested by people you should beat.

lil nog and machida are completely 2 different types of south paws. and he's only fought a few. i dont care how much you train.... NO ONE WANTS TO FIGHT A SOUTHPAW.

you gotta give chael credit... he brought the fight to anderson and he wasnt fucking around

like fighting against a mirror basically, makes you have to think a little more since punches are being thrown the exact opposite of what you're used to... but there is a BIG difference between a boxer or kickboxer southpaw stance and a wrestler. wrestlers tend to keep there dominant foot forward, bjj guys tend to do the opposite. so you end up fighting against a wrestler that you're much better than in striking, KNOWING he just wants to get you to the ground.

which is exactly why he got hit so many times. chael is a athlete... you act like he doesnt have the capability to learn how to throw hard and straight. which he did btw.

The Sherdog article on the fight said it right: Chael had the fight for four rounds and couldn't finish the fight...Anderson had the fight for 10 seconds and could. Who's the better fighter?

I like the fact that Anderson was shown to be human. He's not a paper champion that only fight's guys who can't fight...he fights anyone. He earned this fight through his resilience and ability to capitalize on the opponent's mistakes.

He won, 12th in a row. A champion is a champion.

which is exactly why he got hit so many times. chael is a athlete... you act like he doesnt have the capability to learn how to throw hard and straight. which he did btw.

Exactly, Sonnen's compact, usually throwing multiple punches as he moves forward then offcenter. I doubt Silva sparred with many southpaws with that style(its a more orthodox style and not often found in mma). But Sonnen has yet to learn how to hit hard.

The Sherdog article on the fight said it right: Chael had the fight for four rounds and couldn't finish the fight...Anderson had the fight for 10 seconds and could. Who's the better fighter?

I like the fact that Anderson was shown to be human. He's not a paper champion that only fight's guys who can't fight...he fights anyone. He earned this fight through his resilience and ability to capitalize on the opponent's mistakes.

He won, 12th in a row. A champion is a champion.

This.

I don't like that comparison about 4 rounds vs. 10 seconds at all. Quick finishing is just not part of Sonnen's style. That doesn't mean he wasn't whooping Silva's ass. Fighting is about beating people up, whether or not you finish them. Chael imposed his will on this guy, made it whatever kind of fight he wanted, and all Anderson could do was hang on for dear life.

I don't like that comparison about 4 rounds vs. 10 seconds at all. Quick finishing is just not part of Sonnen's style. That doesn't mean he wasn't whooping Silva's ass. Fighting is about beating people up, whether or not you finish them. Chael imposed his will on this guy, made it whatever kind of fight he wanted, and all Anderson could do was hang on until the 5th round.
Cause you know, he won. Oh, and "fighting is about beating people up"? First, MMA is not fighting, it's a sport. Second, if they were fighting, who would've won? The guy that dominated for 23 minutes or the guy that broke the other's arm?

Back