Ancient megalithic structures and sites.

People had literally nothing to do back then but build shit...trial and error

If you like this topic, Dead Men's Secrets by archaeologist Jonathon Gray is the book for you. I have it.

Alternatively, you can listen to a nearly five hour book review of it.

Alexander Graham Bell claiming the old things have been reinvented....proof of ancient flight....brain transplant surgery......Nuclear war sites across the world that predated anything in the 20th century...On and on.

Those Megaliths were likely created with technology similar to this:

This one fucks with my brain more than the pyramids or anything else. How? How in the world could humans manage to move that with anything less than a modern ultra advanced/strong crane?

they didn't move them, they just carved/shaped the rocks that were already there?

I really enjoy looking and thinking about megalithic structures and everything and find them very inspiring. That said, I don't necessarily see them being anything magical. The video posted earlier with the guy lifting stuff in his backyard pretty much sums up my thoughts. If you just spend some time thinking about this stuff you can come up with a lot of techniques on how to move heavy stuff. What if you think about this stuff for 10 years straight, which some people have the time of, what if you are a genius, what if you have hundreds of slaves at you disposal who you can use for decades on end. Sure the pyramids are complex, but in the end it is just cut up rocks stacked on eachother.

People just prefer to be in awe of something rather than admit it is basic physics, tricks, logistics, slavery and persistence that build these structures. Some people are naturally inclined to prefer watching a magician thinking it's magic whereas other people prefer to deconstruct it and see the truth and not get taken up. People I think are predisposed to "not knowing" something because it allows them more easily to fill in the blankets with what they hope is true, like a god or religion of the sorts. With these ancient buildings it could be conspiracy theories or some pagan religion or hatred towards western and modern society.
that's all rational...the problem is you mentioned the bolded above, the greatest minds over the past several thousand years, including in modern times, still have no consensus on how some of this stuff was done, the most scrutiny of course being on the Great Pyramid at Giza. I think you overestimate by a lot what that guy moving 1 ton blocks around has to do with building a 400+ foot high building out of 2.3 million stones weighing tons each into a perfect geometrical shape with an incredibly complicated inner architecture. It's not even remotely the same thing, or even concept.

I've watched a Munck video before, actually. Might have to give him another go, as it was a while back.

After watching the second video, it did have a lot of what Munck talks about in his videos. However, his delivery isn't as "cool" and is more like a math class. His main point is math being their language.

All over the world there are ancient megalithic structures that are fit together so perfectly they didn't require mortar. Polygonal walls that can withstand earthquakes couldn't have been made with the tools at the time.

Stones so large and oddly shaped that it would have been incredibly difficult and so time consuming to maneuver into place by primitive man.

Primitive man found these ancient structures and build on top of them or carved designs into existing sites.

Here you have the fine stone work with the primitive stone work built on top.

Megaliths in Peru:

https://megalithicmarvels.com/2017/...alithic-engineers-predated-the-inca-builders/

http://www.megaliths.org/browse/category/3

The megalithic stone blocks of baalbek

Artifacts in Egypt couldn't have been made by the ancient Egyptians.

Brien Foerster's youtube channel has a ton of videos from all over the world.

This guy as well:

The question is, what destroyed them so badly and where's the rest of the structures? I think these sites date back to 15-20 thousand years ago according to our dating system. The cataclysmic event necessary would have devastated the whole planet.

Discuss!

Ancient people were not stupid or magical or aliens. We still haven't figured out how to make Roman cement and I GUESS greek wildfire.

I think humans somehow figured out a way to do this shit BUT I think they were made long, long, long before we are told in textbooks.

I think this makes a lot of sense. A regional population could have figured out a specific technological practice that wouldn't have been passed on to any other society had they ever finally died out.

So much this.

I've never understood the arrogance of modern man and the lack of respect for our own ancestors.

We didn't need ancient aliens to have the tecnhological revolution we're seeing right now.

Why is it so crazy to grasp that while science certainly has evolved that doesn't mean our ancestors were exponentially dumber than we are. I'd hypothesize that their intelligence was incredibly similar, we just have access to more information now.

We know humans built these things. What emotional drive exists that pushes people to make such retarded statements as "our ancestors couldn't possibly have been high functioning, therefore this shit we know they did is clearly the result of aliens"?.

Not as immense or impressive but this is fun too

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle

Incredibly impressive in its own right.

map.gif

The 9 ton revolving door gate left a bunch of engineers from the University of Florida scratching their heads as to how it was achieved to such perfection. Even with cranes and a crew of workers they couldn't reproduce the precision balance of the uneven coral block.

Ed had drilled a hole through it, and somehow found its center of gravity. Then he had mounted it to perfection. The engineers gave repairing it their best effort, to their credit. But despite all their tools, their work just couldn't match the creator's touch.

Although he worked at night and never allowed anyone to observe him while he did so, it's rumored that a couple of children managed to catch him levitating stones one night as they observed from a hidden position. Those that believe this rumor think Ed was aware and allowed them to catch a glimpse, knowing, them being small children, nobody would believe them anyway. They said he was holding what, to them, appeared to be coned shaped objects - like that of an "ice cream cone".

That said, some simply believe he used pulley systems to achieve the placement of the blocks (the heaviest weighting around 28 tons). This based on the fact that he did indeed pose for some photos and short video segments using such tools, as a means of promotion.

This is a site dedicated to Leedskalnin. If you're interested in his story, you'll want to check it out. It has all of his public writings available for free.

http://www.leedskalnin.com/

The guy was a legit enigma.

It should also be noted that his workshop was raided after he died. Same as was done to Tesla.

Last edited:
All over the world there are ancient megalithic structures that are fit together so perfectly they didn't require mortar. Polygonal walls that can withstand earthquakes couldn't have been made with the tools at the time.

Stones so large and oddly shaped that it would have been incredibly difficult and so time consuming to maneuver into place by primitive man.

Artifacts in Egypt couldn't have been made by the ancient Egyptians.

Somehow, I don't find the argument "the stones were too big/too finely cut/too perfectly fitted together" compelling (οr arguments like "they couldn't have drawn very long straight lines", etc.).

They are stones. Ancient dudes found a way to finely cut/sand and carry them around.

Humans in antiquity, and even in prehistoric times, had brains as large as ours. And a lot of time on their hands. They could use tools and knew about geometry and constellations and shit.

Plus, they had slavery. It's always helpful if you can throw unlimited amounts of human anguish and suffering at whatever project you have on your mind.

Last edited:
Ancient people were not stupid or magical or aliens. We still haven't figured out how to make Roman cement and I GUESS greek wildfire.

Never said they were stupid all I said was that primitive man didn't build those structures. The Inca didn't build those Massive polygonal walls. Why were they even built in that formation and location as well? Never said anything about aliens or magic.

I think we recently figured out how to do it.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/07/why-modern-mortar-crumbles-roman-concrete-lasts-millennia
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/roman-concrete-mystery-solved-scientists-a7824011.html

Salt water was the key ingredient.

To me Pumapunku in Bolivia beats them all. If there is proof of alien existence, this is it. How can a people with one foot in the 'stone age' and no language accomplish this? Masonry today can barely accomplish this.

A foot in the Stone Age and no language?

Peru had thousands of years of civilization by 500 AD and I’m assuming you meant no written language which is true but they had a strange system of record keeping that I dont remember at the moment

Europe had more impressive achievements a thousand years earlier but because the history of the America’s is so obscure people get away with this horse shit taking the credit away from the indigenous people...

So much this.

I've never understood the arrogance of modern man and the lack of respect for our own ancestors.

We didn't need ancient aliens to have the tecnhological revolution we're seeing right now.

Why is it so crazy to grasp that while science certainly has evolved that doesn't mean our ancestors were exponentially dumber than we are. I'd hypothesize that their intelligence was incredibly similar, we just have access to more information now.

We know humans built these things. What emotional drive exists that pushes people to make such retarded statements as "our ancestors couldn't possibly have been high functioning, therefore this shit we know they did is clearly the result of aliens"?.

The guy is spinning blocks on a flat piece of concrete. He has not demonstrated this technique on uneven terrain (hills, mountains, deserts)

The stone block at Baalbek was spun into place?

Is there an article or video of anyone really pushing the 'conventional' line that it was all done by people with primitive tools and techniques? I'd love to see an indepth explanation of how it could have been done beyond 'man power' and 'practice'.

Back