Anaconda choke ?

stephensharp said:
I think that was a joke.

Randy Couture used that choke vs. Van Arsdale. Please don't argue that it's not the same (lot of folks have been).

Anaconda=Nog Choke=Gator Roll

r u sure that choke wasnt a guillotine cuz when i saw the fight i only saw from one angle so i might be wrong. but he didnt roll at the end to finish the choke off. so wut i saw wus him apply the guillotine thats it.

IllWil said:
2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

Great step by step illustration! Thank you!

J-DOG said:
I like how Joe Rogan called it the gator roll instead. But at least he acknowledged that Nog uses this sub, you dont hear alot of UFC annoncers praise any fighter or anything about Pride................ marketing.
in college/hs wrestling it's known as the gator roll. you walk around like to finish the choke but you're technically coming on top to finish as a pinning combination...but yeah, most guys will use the front headlock with the arm as a choke all the way around. it's semi-legal.

Fight_Song said:
in college/hs wrestling it's known as the gator roll. you walk around like to finish the choke but you're technically coming on top to finish as a pinning combination...but yeah, most guys will use the front headlock with the arm as a choke all the way around. it's semi-legal.

You can do any kind of choke as long as the arm's in, right? Even though you can't really choke for victory, you can use it to smoke a guy out.

At first, when I saw this thread, I was gonna flip out, since every page has a thread called "Anaconda Choke", but seeing this, I realize someone actually searched for it or something, and was just saying thanks for the step by step. That gives me hope.

so do you switch from the arm on the bisep to a hand grip after doing the gator roll? *see last step of anaconda choke

Back