Anaconda choke ?

KnockOutpower91 said:
What crawled up your ass

I think that was a joke.

Randy Couture used that choke vs. Van Arsdale. Please don't argue that it's not the same (lot of folks have been).

Anaconda=Nog Choke=Gator Roll

IllWil said:
2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg
The Choke is not compleated in the final picture. You have to walk your body towards you opponent to finish the Choke.

Iam pretty sure Nog can finish from this position, but your right walk forward to completly finish it.

I like how Joe Rogan called it the gator roll instead. But at least he acknowledged that Nog uses this sub, you dont hear alot of UFC annoncers praise any fighter or anything about Pride................ marketing.

There is a pretty good reverse from this position (nog uses it a lot to reverse people) so it might not be so good until it's fully on

that move is awesome when you have long arms and can pull it off, people with shorter arms might have diffuclty pulling it off effectively

Normally I am not harsh but since there has been a sticky on this in the grappling section for a couple weeks. Your a moron. Check the grappling section or use the search function jackass.

The Choke is not compleated in the final picture. You have to walk your body towards you opponent to finish the Choke.

i dont think you should have said HAVE to. randy just showed that it dosent even have to be rolled at all to cause a submission. like someone said before, if your choking arm is in deep enugh the choke can be finished without rolling

ya that choke is easy i pulled it off in a tournament. the only hard part is to sprawl. the rest just falls into place.

Do you train? I always wonder that when people come here to ask for instructionals about specific moves... If you train, you should have either seen this technique, or be able to ask yoru instructor about it. Seeing pics or a written description < actual live training.

Its not that well known of a technique, I remember when nog landed it for the first time everyone was like WTF

quinton needs this move. he had front headlock on ninja like 10 times

EKyello said:
Why don't more people do this choke? It must be really hard to pull off (it doesn't seem like it though). People are alays in the front headlock position, but I have only seen Nog do it those 2 times.

It's hard to set up cause it's pretty obvious when you're going for it.

It is actually a pretty simple move.
The day after I saw Nog catch Yokoi in that, I pulled it off on a guy at my school. It wasn't real pretty, but it worked.

Go to www.grapplearts.com and click on the "tip of the week" if you want to see a video of it. It's done by Dennis Kang and Stephen Kesting. Points out some key elements of the technique that make the move much more effective than just looking at some pics and trying to figure it out on your own. Good Luck!!!

^^^that same clip is stickied in the grappling forum. getting perpendicular to the guy tightens the choke. i dont think randy would have pulled it off had it not been the third round the way he was doing it.

the hardest part of the choke is getting your arm deep and collapsing the guy's shoulder when he sees it coming. the pictures are pretty shabby, but you've gotta be a retard to think nog is going to share every detail of his shit to the general public.

Back