An RDA resurgence might be next

Realistically he hast a low chance to beat Tony, Dustin and prob Conor.
Against Justin he can maybe do something with the wrestling.
Id like to see him fight Do Bronx at some point.
Him and Do Bronx would be a great fight, I'd love to see it as well.

As far as your outlook on his chances versus those other guys, here's my 2 cents-
Tony - He put on a very good performance against Tony in Mexico and barring that eye poke in the 1st round, I think we might be talking about a RDA W here. Either way, Tony is clearly on a downward trajectory and with his skill set , I think he can beat Tony TODAY.
2 - Dustin is great but nothing about his style screams bad matchup for RDA to me. Just like any of those other guys you mentioned, he's a striker who likes to box but he does get hit and RDA is a great boxer himself. Flip a coin.

Conor has the reach, power and distance to get RDA out of there quick, but as well know if it doesn't happen inside 2 rounds things get interesting real quick.
Justin, as you mentioned has a serious problem with RDAs grappling and ground game.

For me, it's really about RDAs physical attributes and the shape he's in at this point of his career. If he can make 155 without killing himself and his gas tank holds up I honestly think he can beat anybody at LW solely based on the style matchups with him being a guy who can strike with anybody and only gets dominated by elite grapplers.

Usman and Colby are obviously way bigger that RDA, and even then I had him winning against Colby.
But yeah, his age may be catching up with him. He won 4 of his last 10. I hope I'm wrong.
For me, it's really about RDAs physical attributes and the shape he's in at this point of his career. If he can make 155 without killing himself and his gas tank holds up I honestly think he can beat anybody at LW solely based on the style matchups with him being a guy who can strike with anybody and only gets dominated by elite grapplers.

Him and Do Bronx would be a great fight, I'd love to see it as well.

As far as your outlook on his chances versus those other guys, here's my 2 cents-
Tony - He put on a very good performance against Tony in Mexico and barring that eye poke in the 1st round, I think we might be talking about a RDA W here. Either way, Tony is clearly on a downward trajectory and with his skill set , I think he can beat Tony TODAY.
2 - Dustin is great but nothing about his style screams bad matchup for RDA to me. Just like any of those other guys you mentioned, he's a striker who likes to box but he does get hit and RDA is a great boxer himself. Flip a coin.

Conor has the reach, power and distance to get RDA out of there quick, but as well know if it doesn't happen inside 2 rounds things get interesting real quick.
Justin, as you mentioned has a serious problem with RDAs grappling and ground game.

Against Tony i disagree. The fight vs Justin was not the best showing he had and I agree that he seems to be on the decline, but that was also against his potential worst matchup in the division. In generel the eyepoke in the RDA is recieved as a way too big of a deal. Imo it was mainly Tonys insane cardio that gave him the edge against a prime RDA, who was known for his incredible cardio aswell. Yeah sure Tony got older, but so did RDA. In this fight i still favor Tony around 70/30 tbh.

Dustin you might be right about. For me he is still an enigma since non of his skills screams "worldclass" but still he managed to go on an impressive winstreak before the Khabib fight and to me he basically looks like a less defensive oriented RDA to me. This is a tough one for sure, because normally in a matchup like this i would favor the younger, possibly harder hitting fighter. But yeah its far from unwinnable for RDA.

This is obviously based on the idea that RDA wont be comprimised by the weight cut too badly. As someone who is coming of a loss to Michael Chieas speaking of a resurgence is a little far fetched. I for my part will wait how he looks vs Felder.

Na he is done. Has any over 35 year old ever had a good run after dropping down a weight class? Its not like weight cuts get easier with age.
Newb alert! Randy Couture and Dan Henderson says hello.

Almost forgot about DC too.

Nope. He already had two career resurgences, he's not getting a third. He's totally washed up. Also not training with Cordeiro seemed to be a bad move.
meh.

he moved up to 170 and had some pretty good performances. saffiedine, magny, and lawler are solid wins for a LW moving up. he was competitive with colby, then lost to usman. i was surprised he lost his last two fights, but he was undersized at WW and seems to be in really good shape now.

time is against him, and 155 is full of wrestlers who will cause him problems, but he had done his best work at LW. he lost to alvarez by TKO and a competitive fight with ferguson and everyone assumed he was done. if he can put himself anywhere near the shape he was in when he last fought at LW, he'll easily be a top contender, especially now when khabib is gone.

Ufc' s cunt ass will match him up with gillespie or makachev again if he beats felder. Mark my fucking words. They hate the guy. If he wins, give him a higher ranked opponent, not some younger pressure grappler. It's criminal the way they treated him.

I like RDA but that part of his career came and went ( and did make the most of it - I'll never forget how he just ran through Pettis who , at the time, looked like someone about to go on a lengthy title [ defenses]run.RDA and that period is why this sport is / was so special )

RDA should start thinking about retirement, not a resurgence. The guy is 127 in fighter years.

Back