An RDA resurgence might be next

Ehhh idk. I think he can certainly have some great fights in the top 10-15 but I don’t know if I see him making another title run. He’s another 5 years older since his las LW run with a lot more mileage. The division is better than it was during his prime era as well. Plus we haven’t seen him do the cut to 155 in years, which from what I remember he was having some issues with before moving up to WW. We’ll see though, I could definitely be wrong. Excited to see him fight either way.

dos anjos had his chance with a striker and he got over all outlclassed by leon edwards.
leon was simply too much for him in every aspect. felder is not skilled like leon and plus felder even says he hasnt been training striking. i can see the irish dragon lasting until the end and even dropping rda a few times. another close fight too close to call lmao

He left LW after losing against Eddie (in a fight he would be the favorite again) and a 48-47 close decision to cheating Tony Ferguson.

The problem is, a few years ago RDA moved up to 170 cause he said his body can't handle the weight cut anymore. He said something about how he's been close to death during weight cuts and he's gonna die if he keeps cutting down to 155. The move to 170 was permanent... until he lost to some bigger wrestlers and realized how much tougher it is to beat the elite fighters up there. So he's coming crawling back to 155, as if the weight cut will somehow be easier now? If anything it'll be harder now that he's 36 years old. I'm really not expecting too much out of him at 155 going forward.

Read his recent interviews, he has a new doctor / dietition

I'm really happy that he's back at LW, i dont think he has any business fighting at WW. I'd like to see a fight against Chucky Olives if he beats Paul.

RDA probably has had the toughest fights in UFC history. Dude is a warrior who’ll fight anyone. He’s fought Khabib, Usman, Covington, Edwards, Henderson, Ferguson, Cerrone, Pettis, Diaz, Alvarez, etc.

I can’t think of a tougher schedule off the top of my head.

Na he is done. Has any over 35 year old ever had a good run after dropping down a weight class? Its not like weight cuts get easier with age.
He's going back to his normal weight class where he spent most of his entire career and never missed weight, that's not exactly dropping down a weight class he never should have moved up in the first place.

But to answer the question Randy dropped down from HW at around 40 and won the title.

All the respek in the world for Rda but imo he should go to bellator or onefc to make as much as he can while winning championships easily. He will hit a wall at 155 in the ufc.

op is high as a kite LMFAO. maybe he beats felder (who supposedly retired and is super short notice) but this was basically a gimme for islam and any other top 10 LW. RDA is doing this just to pay bills. zero chance he makes a run at the belt

op is high as a kite LMFAO. maybe he beats felder (who supposedly retired and is super short notice) but this was basically a gimme for islam and any other top 10 LW. RDA is doing this just to pay bills. zero chance he makes a run at the belt
Who can't he beat at LW?

i think he is at the end of his career. he did take tough matches at ww but he got beat in all them..

he already had his resurgance and became the lightweight champ. but he isnt top 5 material for lw or ww. maybe lucky to be 10 in both.

Usman and Colby are obviously way bigger that RDA, and even then I had him winning against Colby.
But yeah, his age may be catching up with him. He won 4 of his last 10. I hope I'm wrong.

Agree, I believe RDA is still gonna give some problems in the LW division. If he gets passed Felder, he's back in the mix. I hope they get to book the Islam fight in the future.

there is no other fighter like RDA who faced just beasts

Back