An RDA resurgence might be next

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
After being champ at 155, RDAs career has been pretty inconsistent over the past few years. After moving up to 170, he's taken some tough losses to bigger, stronger better wrastlers in Usman, Colby and even Chiesa.

Somebody who can pressure him with constant wrestling has proven to be a tough matchup for RDA.

That said, I feel good about him coming back to 155 and I'm anticipating a nice run (and dare I say resurgence?) by the Brazilian.

With Khabib practically out the door and the top 10 consisting of mainly Strikers, this could bode really well for Dos Anjos.

His striking was good a few years ago, and it's even better now. And his grappling is phenomenal. Plus, aside from maybe Chandler, there's nobody at LW who's taking RDA down and keeping him there or subbing him IMO.

Maybe it's a bit of bias because I really appreciate RDA, but I'm calling it now.
He's fucking back and I give him a good chance against anybody at top 5.

rda2.jpg

I look forward to witnessing this resurgence.

He was the idea of going for more takedowns against Colby earlier than he did away from possibly beating him. He was fighting monsters a weight class up. Guy has had a ridiculous strength of schedule and takes every fight - in before Conor nut huggers mention his bruised foot - and is incredibly diverse overall.

I think this fight will tell you whether or not it was size and strength discrepancy being the issue at 170 or whether or not he's on the tail end and he's slowing down. He's a bad ass. Respect on RDA's name.

Last edited:
After being champ at 155, RDAs career has been pretty inconsistent over the past few years. After moving up to 170, he's taken some tough losses to bigger, stronger better wrastlers in Usman, Colby and even Chiesa.

Somebody who can pressure him with constant wrestling has proven to be a tough matchup for RDA.

That said, I feel good about him coming back to 155 and I'm anticipating a nice run (and dare I say resurgence?) by the Brazilian.

With Khabib practically out the door and the top 10 consisting of mainly Strikers, this could bode really well for Dos Anjos.

His striking was good a few years ago, and it's even better now. And his grappling is phenomenal. Plus, aside from maybe Chandler, there's nobody at LW who's taking RDA down and keeping him there or subbing him IMO.

Maybe it's a bit of bias because I really appreciate RDA, but I'm calling it now.
He's fucking back and I give him a good chance against anybody at top 5.

View attachment 813802

I look forward to witnessing this resurgence.
You're the most optimistic poster here. You picked gaethje over khabib, dustin is a better striker than conor, Now you're picking Rda to rejuvenate his career in light weight. I wish I had your level of optimism

The problem is, a few years ago RDA moved up to 170 cause he said his body can't handle the weight cut anymore. He said something about how he's been close to death during weight cuts and he's gonna die if he keeps cutting down to 155. The move to 170 was permanent... until he lost to some bigger wrestlers and realized how much tougher it is to beat the elite fighters up there. So he's coming crawling back to 155, as if the weight cut will somehow be easier now? If anything it'll be harder now that he's 36 years old. I'm really not expecting too much out of him at 155 going forward.

If this was the RDA during the Colby fight (6 media scorecards had RDA even winning that fight) id give him a good shot at being champ in this division. Sadly, the RDA in the Chiesa fight simply looked washed up, but we'll see if that was just an off night.

He might bear Felder but Islam would have destroyed him.

Rda would beat felder and islam, but everyone in the top 10 who isn't felder and iaquinta beats him at this point

This fight with Felder will tell us a lot, I think. It’s a fight I think the RDA of old would take without too much issue. He’s mostly lost to bigger, stronger grapplers at 170 and 155 doesn’t have as many of those so if there was a time for a comeback, it would be now.

LWs age in dog years, so I don't know. But he deserves mad props. Was very tiny at WW. I can't believe he went up against Leon Scott who's built like a proper MW.

I just wish he'd get more fun fights for his twilight years. Enough with the wrestler shit. I don't get why UFC keep dragging him into those kind of fights.

The problem is, a few years ago RDA moved up to 170 cause he said his body can't handle the weight cut anymore. He said something about how he's been close to death during weight cuts and he's gonna die if he keeps cutting down to 155. The move to 170 was permanent... until he lost to some bigger wrestlers and realized how much tougher it is to beat the elite fighters up there. So he's coming crawling back to 155, as if the weight cut will somehow be easier now? If anything it'll be harder now that he's 36 years old. I'm really not expecting too much out of him at 155 going forward.
I would love a resurgence more than anything, but you bring an extremely valid point, sir. The weight cut that has hospitalized him isn’t going to magically get easier.

Idk what to think to be honest.

You're the most optimistic poster here. You picked gaethje over khabib, dustin is a better striker than conor, Now you're picking Rda to rejuvenate his career in light weight. I wish I had your level of optimism
I'm just delusional dawg

Na he is done. Has any over 35 year old ever had a good run after dropping down a weight class? Its not like weight cuts get easier with age.

Vitor at MW. he was 36 when he destroyed Bisping, Rockhold, and Henderson.

Couture was like 40 when he went down to LHW and beat up Tito.

Nope. He already had two career resurgences, he's not getting a third. He's totally washed up. Also not training with Cordeiro seemed to be a bad move.

Back