An Open Letter to Team Lloyd Irvin Affiliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
rape_infographic.jpg

One in five women has been a victim of rape. An estimated six percent of men are rapists. The average rapist has six victims. (This makes the graph misleading. The rapist figures should actually be labeled as 'rapes.')

This is my motivation. I think the BJJ community should shun Lloyd Irvin. That he's now teaching rape prevention classes is beyond the pale.

I doubt any of those affiliates knew about his past before it broke here on Sherdog, but now they do. They can choose to associate with him, or they can break from him.

(By the way, there's plenty of speculation on the other threads about Keenan and other medal chasers leaving TLI. If you think a medal chaser should leave TLI, do you think an affiliate should to do the same? I don't think LI should be held accountable in the least for what Schultz and Maldanado were accused off. He should be held accountable for what when on in 1989.)

Last edited:
While the allegations against LI are serious and he should address them, posting an unsigned open letter on a public forum calling out his affiliates is a pretty cowardly act. Man up and sign it with your real name, or, better yet, try not heaping guilt on people who truly did nothing wrong. Your ire is grossly misdirected and you come across as a little bitch.

So while some things are worth fighting for, and there is definitely a such thing as right and wrong, I would advise really thinking about what is you're saying and doing in this and many other examples along similar lines. Because what might seem like a past time to you, or a harmless act in fact has real world consequences for those who have managed to draw your and others Eire. And when it grows into a pack mentality of sorts, man, that is something I want absolutely nothing to do with.

Even though I don't see eye-to-eye with all of your posts, this is excellently said and I definitely couldn't of put it any better. Everyone on here needs to watch out about mob mentality - the repercussions can ruin lives. Even though the events of the last few days has put me in a horrible mood, I don't think I will comment much more. It will be handled by those closest to the situation.

Did anyone calling for me to sign my name post under his real name? I doubt anyone here knows me in real life. I don't know what having my name would prove.

For what it's worth -- I just edited the original post removing the specific call outs by name since so many people had a problem with it. (Though people have quoted me, so it's still there. Can't do much about that.)

The list of affiliates came from TLI's website. It stays up unless a mod want to delete the thread.

Last edited:
We have a justice system in this country for a reason. This kind of thing doesn't serve any purpose.

On top of that, it adds onto problems.

Rape is usually about sex. Sometimes it is about power. Usually it is about sex. A lot of rapes that were about sex end up becoming homicides. Why does that happen?

It happens because there is good evidence that as a rapist, should you be caught or exposed, your life will be ruined permanently. The justice system does this to an extent with the predator registries, but threads like this stack on to it. People who rape often don't have a conscience and get into it by 'othering' the victim and thinking of them as worthy of assault. Then, knowing that they will have their lives ruined, if not by the law, then by citizens, decide it isn't much worse to be caught for murder and kill the person when trying to cover it up. They certainly won't have much of a conscience about it.

There is a reason why vigilantism is illegal, why there is such a thing as due process, and why we let criminals go once justice has been served. As an individual citizen, it is not your place to exact revenge. Admittedly, like most men, I think that if someone I personally know was attacked, I might take revenge on the perp.

What I'm not going to do is wonder around slandering people, shitting on their lives, and make them wish they had killed the victim to get away with it. It serves as a bad example to future criminals.

Other than you, no one else has called out real names (other than Lloyd Irvin) and actual academies with addresses. Anyone that does that better put a name to it...

rape_infographic.jpg

One in five women has been a victim of rape. An estimated six percent of men are rapists. The average rapist has six victims. (This makes the graph misleading. The rapist figures should actually be labeled as 'rapes.')

This is my motivation. I think the BJJ community should shun Lloyd Irvin. That he's now teaching rape prevention classes is beyond the pale.

I doubt any of those affiliates knew about his past before it broke here on Sherdog, but now they do. They can choose to associate with him, or they can break from him.

(By the way, there's plenty of speculation on the other threads about Keenan and other medal chasers leaving TLI. If you think a medal chaser should leave TLI, do you think an affiliate should to do the same? I don't think LI should be held accountable in the least for what Schultz and Maldanado were accused off. He should be held accountable for what when on in 1989.)

infographic is BS - http://blog.bennettandbennett.com/2013/01/lies-damn-lies-and-infographics.html

Did anyone calling for me to sign my name post under his real name? I doubt anyone here knows me in real life. I don't know what having my name would prove.

Alex Hennessy

Post your fucking name or shut up.

Nobody here did what you did and as such shouldnt have to use thier real name.

Im now calling you out on your obviously alterior motives, so now you have my name.

A defense attorney blog says the infographic is BS.

Slate.com gives a better critique of the shortcomings of the graph (some of which I pointed out in my post.)

http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_facto...accusations_infographic_great_intentions.html Please read it. The more people know about the issue of rape in the U.S. the better.

just giving an alternate perspective... there are additional sources linked with the one i posted :)

btw my name is Kalo Wilson (plenty of ppl on here know who i am anyway) i still did not catch your name?

Posting your real name is not a smart thing for anyone to do IMO.

The last thing I want a prospective employer to see when they google search my name is my participation in a bunch of threads on rape. Not to mention my general foolishness.

The last thing I want a prospective employer to see when they google search my name is my participation in a bunch of threads on rape. Not to mention my general foolishness.

i don't care about that sort of thing tbh, i don't say anything on here i wouldn't say in person

Just to clarify the reason im upset at this, OP, you have created this 'letter' with the intent to further your own ends and in effect benefit from 2 women being raped. I find it hypocritical to say the least that you can sit there in your anonymity and have a go at Lloyd Irvin for doing his rape seminars to alter results when your doing the same thing on a smaller scale.

The thing is, although this is an anonymous forum, this is a real issue in a real community and it effects people for real, especially when you call them out by name.

Really not cool man.

A girl being beaten, penetrated without consent by two guys then left for dead in a parking lot is rape.

A girl getting drunk, going home with several equally-drunk fratboys and having consensual sex with them during the course of the night then regretting it the next morning is not rape.

Frankly, calling the latter rape is a grievous insult to women who actually are victims of rape.

Purposely getting a 17 year old girl so drunk that she can no longer make an informed consent is indeed rape. Not to mention all the other evidence that makes it pretty clear that is not what happened.

True, but ill be employed if i want to be.

And to echo higher learning, unless im posting drunk which has happened many times, im happy for people to know who i am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back