An Open Letter to Team Lloyd Irvin Affiliates

Status
Not open for further replies.

tirofijo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Dear Team Lloyd Irvin Affiliates:

By now you've no doubt learned that Lloyd Irvin, Jr, was acquitted in 1990 of taking part in the gang rape of a 17 year old girl.

Five men were convicted of raping the women and received sentences of up to 10 years.

Lloyd Irvin was acquitted of rape because the jury believed his defense that he wanted to have sex with the women but only didn't because he couldn't obtain an erection.

Some of those men convicted claimed that Lloyd Irvin did indeed have sex with the woman.

If you believe Lloyd Irvin, then you have to believe that at best he wanted to participate in the gang rape of a 17 year old women and only didn't because he was impotent.

Now Lloyd Irvin teaches rape prevention classes.

And it's worth pointing out that two of his currents students are charged with raping a female fellow student on New Year's Eve.

To the owners of Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates:

Did you have prior knowledge that Lloyd Irvin, Jr, was acquitted of rape charges some 22 years ago?

Now that you do know, will you still remain a Team Lloyd Irvin affiliate?

To the Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates: Do you want google to return "Lloyd Irvin failed rapist" when a prospective student searchs for your school?

Here is a list of schools affiliated with Lloyd Irvin, who claimed he didn't participate in the gang rape of a 17 year old women because he couldn't perform.

Leo Dalla Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy

12608 Darby Brooke Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-303-1968

Crystal City Sport & Health Club
1235 South Clark Street
Falls Church, VA 22041

Mike Moses Evolve Academy

18777 N Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
301-990-1563

NOVA Mixed Martial Arts Academy

2407 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
703-807-0342

BJJ United Academy

6740 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19149
215-333-4660

Crazy 88 Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu Academy

7020 Troy Hill Drive, Suite H
Elkridge, MD 21075

Ivey League MMA Academy

836 Ritchie Highway, #5
Severna Park, MD 21146
443-517-8958

Top Flight MMA Academy

690 South Philadelphia Boulevard, Suite 100
Aberdeen, MD 21001
410-272-3799

Paramount Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu Academy

1426 Marshalton-Thorndale Road
Downington, PA 19335
610-383-4686

The Lab Mixed Martial Arts Academy

5061 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-850-8561

Do the right thing and cut ties with Lloyd Irvin.

Last edited:
Curious, why do you care so much to take the time and effort to do this? Do you even train?

Curious, why do you care so much to take the time and effort to do this? Do you even train?

You didn't read my post, did you?

As I've wrote in my post, I've trained at two Lloyd Irvin affiliates. Here's some validation. http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?p=54738315#post54738315

I won't train at another Lloyd Irvin affiliate because I now know Lloyd Irvin participated in a gang rape of an 17 year old girl some 22 years ago. (I can't say whether he penetrated the girl, but he was there and wanted to have intercourse with her.)

If I were a gym owner, I wouldn't want my name or school linked to Lloyd Irvin.

Last edited:
"Jeff Ruth of Nova MMA:
I'm not sure if you even still own the gym. I never saw you there when I trained there, though Chau Bui was there occasionally. Whoever is running Nova MMA let Lloyd Irvin fire respected black belt instructor Noah Booth and replace him with a purple belt from Camp Springs. Your gym isn't well respected in the Northern Virginia BJJ scene. Now's the chance to turn it around. Will you cut ties with the would-be rapist Lloyd Irvin?"

Ok...figured it out. At first I wondered why somebody would put in the time and effort to do all of this,but obviously you ALREADY had beef with Lloyd and using this as an opportunity to "get back".

Not sure I agree with trying to defame people who know Lloyd Irvin.

It's a little too much of a Witch Hunt.

Lloyd Irvin and his two students are the ones who need to be getting heat right now. Not everyone who has ever know Lloyd.
If it was me I'd cut my ties with him. But I don't think a Sherdog thread is necessary.

"Jeff Ruth of Nova MMA:
I'm not sure if you even still own the gym. I never saw you there when I trained there, though Chau Bui was there occasionally. Whoever is running Nova MMA let Lloyd Irvin fire respected black belt instructor Noah Booth and replace him with a purple belt from Camp Springs. Your gym isn't well respected in the Northern Virginia BJJ scene. Now's the chance to turn it around. Will you cut ties with the would-be rapist Lloyd Irvin?"

Ok...figured it out. At first I wondered why somebody would put in the time and effort to do all of this,but obviously you ALREADY had beef with Lloyd and using this as an opportunity to "get back".

Apparently, you haven't seen the other LI-related threads. You wouldn't need existing beef with the guy to support something like this.

You know what, since you are out there putting names of business that happened to be affiliated

the least you could do is signed your open letter with your real name.

Holy s$%t... I had heard a rumor going around that he might have previously been charged with rape but I had no idea it was that bad. I don't really even know how to react but if I was affiliated with him I think I'd have to agree that it is time to bail.

I did not not know about the previous incident involving Lloyd himself. Can anyone independently verify that?

Frankly I find that far more disturbing than the current episode.

I did not not know about the previous incident involving Lloyd himself. Can anyone independently verify that?

Frankly I find that far more disturbing than the current episode.

This. Any source?

Dear Team Lloyd Irvin Affiliates:

By now you've no doubt learned that Lloyd Irvin, Jr, was acquitted in 1990 of taking part in the gang rape of a 17 year old girl.

Five men were convicted of raping the women and received sentences of up to 10 years.

Lloyd Irvin was acquitted of rape because the jury believed his defense that he wanted to have sex with the women but only didn't because he couldn't obtain an erection.

Some of those men convicted claimed that Lloyd Irvin did indeed have sex with the woman.

If you believe Lloyd Irvin, then you have to believe that at best he wanted to participate in the gang rape of a 17 year old women and only didn't because he was impotent.

Now Lloyd Irvin teaches rape prevention classes.

And it's worth pointing out that two of his currents students are charged with raping a female fellow student on New Year's Eve.

To the owners of Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates:

Did you have prior knowledge that Lloyd Irvin, Jr, was acquitted of rape charges some 22 years ago?

Now that you do know, will you still remain a Team Lloyd Irvin affiliate?

Nakapan Phungephorn of Beta Academy in DC: You didn't get your black belt from Lloyd Irvin, so I assume you affiliated with him as a business move. You have a thriving gym. I trained there for a while. It's a great place. You don't need Lloyd Irvin. You should cut ties with him.

Phil Proctor of Wrightson BJJ.

I hear you are a stand up guy. You got your black belt from Lloyd. You've spent hundreds of hours training with Lloyd. Did he ever tell you about his dark past? Do you want to cut ties with him and take down this photo?

Lloyd-Irvin-and-Philip-Proctor-300x159.jpg

Phil Proctor with Lloyd Irvin

Jeff Ruth of Nova MMA:
I'm not sure if you even still own the gym. I never saw you there when I trained there, though Chau Bui was there occasionally. Whoever is running Nova MMA let Lloyd Irvin fire respected black belt instructor Noah Booth and replace him with a purple belt from Camp Springs. Your gym isn't well respected in the Northern Virginia BJJ scene. Now's the chance to turn it around. Will you cut ties with the would-be rapist Lloyd Irvin?

To the rest of the Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates: Do you want google to return "Lloyd Irvin failed rapist" when a prospective student searchs for your school?

Here is a list of schools affiliated with Lloyd Irvin, who claimed he didn't participate in the gang rape of a 17 year old women because he couldn't perform.

Leo Dalla Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy

12608 Darby Brooke Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-303-1968

Crystal City Sport & Health Club
1235 South Clark Street
Falls Church, VA 22041

Mike Moses Evolve Academy

18777 N Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
301-990-1563

NOVA Mixed Martial Arts Academy

2407 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
703-807-0342

BJJ United Academy

6740 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19149
215-333-4660

Crazy 88 Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu Academy

7020 Troy Hill Drive, Suite H
Elkridge, MD 21075

Ivey League MMA Academy

836 Ritchie Highway, #5
Severna Park, MD 21146
443-517-8958

Top Flight MMA Academy

690 South Philadelphia Boulevard, Suite 100
Aberdeen, MD 21001
410-272-3799

Paramount Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu Academy

1426 Marshalton-Thorndale Road
Downington, PA 19335
610-383-4686

The Lab Mixed Martial Arts Academy

5061 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-850-8561

Do the right thing and cut ties with Lloyd Irvin.

Its obvious what youre trying to do, and I think youre a piece of shit for it.

I dislike Lloyd Irvin and he irritates me immensely but . . . really . . . all this over an alleged crime he didn't go through with and was acquitted of 22 years ago?

Besides, from what I've read of the 1990 case it sounds more like a slutty girl got drunk, had a train run on her, regretted it in the morning and retroactively called "rape".

I dislike Lloyd Irvin and he irritates me immensely but . . . really . . . all this over an alleged crime he didn't go through with and was acquitted of 22 years ago?

Besides, from what I've read of the 1990 case it sounds more like a slutty girl got drunk, had a train run on her, regretted it in the morning and retroactively called "rape".

Does anyone have a source on any of this stuff?

not trying to be a dick, but its definitely a possibility. ive seen this happen alot in college..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back