An Open Letter to Team Lloyd Irvin Affiliates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a source on any of this stuff?

Court reports are in the massive thread about TLI students raping another student.

Or you can just google it.

Ignore the rape seminar results. It's a trick.

Yeah fuck man, sign your real name if your going to do this shit.

Weak as piss.

i just talked to mike fowler. I asked him if he knew about the 1990 incident when he was part of tli .
this is what he told me
"never heard about it
doesnt shock me about him being around these so called freaks....i actually heard about that frequently. but never the rape story"

Wait.. people are asking for a source with three threads of sources on the main page of f12?

Besides, from what I've read of the 1990 case it sounds more like a slutty girl got drunk, had a train run on her, regretted it in the morning and retroactively called "rape".

Wtf. It's still rape.

i just talked to mike fowler. I asked him if he knew about the 1990 incident when he was part of tli .
this is what he told me
"never heard about it
doesnt shock me about him being around these so called freaks....i actually heard about that frequently. but never the rape story"

Wow

Op, its pretty weak to name all those guys that have nothing to do with this and not sign your open letter.

this is what he told me
"never heard about it

I wonder if Mike Fowler knows things we don't and decided to cut ties with LI?

In any case how is it that LI didn't receive any kind of other charges besides an acquittal ( not that i wish he had, just curious ) ? In this day and age you can be charged for the pettiest shit yet he was present in the gang rape of a 17 year old while in college and did nothing?

not even try to stop the others?

I mean he had all intentions of having sex with her, but couldn't get it up ?

BTW here's the story from 1990

http://articles.dailypress.com/1990-04-21/news/9004210056_1_irvin-two-men-young-woman

loyd you sick bastar d you should be killed by a can opener neck crank then feed his body to wild slum dogs

In pursuit of revenge, the righteous may adopt the camouflage of their enemies, until the two are indistinguishable.

Wtf. It's still rape.

A girl being beaten, penetrated without consent by two guys then left for dead in a parking lot is rape.

A girl getting drunk, going home with several equally-drunk fratboys and having consensual sex with them during the course of the night then regretting it the next morning is not rape.

Frankly, calling the latter rape is a grievous insult to women who actually are victims of rape.

Its rape when a girl has consensual sex and regrets it later? Ok, now I understand your points.

Not sure what age of consent was there 23 years ago, but if it was 18 its statuary rape no matter how much she wanted it.

But with medical evidence and everything else that's known about that case, I don't doubt it being straight up rape.

Dear Team Lloyd Irvin Affiliates:

By now you've no doubt learned that Lloyd Irvin, Jr, was acquitted in 1990 of taking part in the gang rape of a 17 year old girl.

Five men were convicted of raping the women and received sentences of up to 10 years.

Lloyd Irvin was acquitted of rape because the jury believed his defense that he wanted to have sex with the women but only didn't because he couldn't obtain an erection.

Some of those men convicted claimed that Lloyd Irvin did indeed have sex with the woman.

If you believe Lloyd Irvin, then you have to believe that at best he wanted to participate in the gang rape of a 17 year old women and only didn't because he was impotent.

Now Lloyd Irvin teaches rape prevention classes.

And it's worth pointing out that two of his currents students are charged with raping a female fellow student on New Year's Eve.

To the owners of Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates:

Did you have prior knowledge that Lloyd Irvin, Jr, was acquitted of rape charges some 22 years ago?

Now that you do know, will you still remain a Team Lloyd Irvin affiliate?

Nakapan Phungephorn of Beta Academy in DC: You didn't get your black belt from Lloyd Irvin, so I assume you affiliated with him as a business move. You have a thriving gym. I trained there for a while. It's a great place. You don't need Lloyd Irvin. You should cut ties with him.

Phil Proctor of Wrightson BJJ.

I hear you are a stand up guy. You got your black belt from Lloyd. You've spent hundreds of hours training with Lloyd. Did he ever tell you about his dark past? Do you want to cut ties with him and take down this photo?

Lloyd-Irvin-and-Philip-Proctor-300x159.jpg

Phil Proctor with Lloyd Irvin

Jeff Ruth of Nova MMA:
I'm not sure if you even still own the gym. I never saw you there when I trained there, though Chau Bui was there occasionally. Whoever is running Nova MMA let Lloyd Irvin fire respected black belt instructor Noah Booth and replace him with a purple belt from Camp Springs. Your gym isn't well respected in the Northern Virginia BJJ scene. Now's the chance to turn it around. Will you cut ties with the would-be rapist Lloyd Irvin?

To the rest of the Team Lloyd Irvin affiliates: Do you want google to return "Lloyd Irvin failed rapist" when a prospective student searchs for your school?

Here is a list of schools affiliated with Lloyd Irvin, who claimed he didn't participate in the gang rape of a 17 year old women because he couldn't perform.

Leo Dalla Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Academy

12608 Darby Brooke Court
Woodbridge, VA 22192
703-303-1968

Crystal City Sport & Health Club
1235 South Clark Street
Falls Church, VA 22041

Mike Moses Evolve Academy

18777 N Frederick Avenue
Gaithersburg, MD 20879
301-990-1563

NOVA Mixed Martial Arts Academy

2407 Wilson Boulevard
Arlington, VA 22201
703-807-0342

BJJ United Academy

6740 Bustleton Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19149
215-333-4660

Crazy 88 Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu Academy

7020 Troy Hill Drive, Suite H
Elkridge, MD 21075

Ivey League MMA Academy

836 Ritchie Highway, #5
Severna Park, MD 21146
443-517-8958

Top Flight MMA Academy

690 South Philadelphia Boulevard, Suite 100
Aberdeen, MD 21001
410-272-3799

Paramount Brazilian Jiu- Jitsu Academy

1426 Marshalton-Thorndale Road
Downington, PA 19335
610-383-4686

The Lab Mixed Martial Arts Academy

5061 Jefferson Davis Highway
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
540-850-8561

Do the right thing and cut ties with Lloyd Irvin.

You didnt do this just because you learned of an article thats was dated back to 1990. Seems like you have a bone to pick with Lloyd.

Bet he was the black belt that got fired for a purple belt

The "what is rape?" argument won't get solved here, especially with stupid people arguing without really knowing how to construct an argument. However, this part was hilarious:

Lloyd Irvin failed rapist

Throughout the years Ive noticed a particularly interesting phenomena with a select minority of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu practitioners. The need to criticize, scrutinize, belittle and at times character assassinate selected individuals, schools and programs to the point of humiliation and beyond.

Having been a member of these forums for a very long time, and having watched mma for far longer than that I can understand where some of this originates, mainly youth and stupidity, which I have myself been involved in to a degree while believing I was doing the right thing. One such example would be my willingness to go along with the shitting on Tony Cecchine many years ago.

I look back on my very minor participation in such things with regret, and can not help but think many of you are following a similar path. It may seem like the right thing to do at the time, it may seem harmless, cool, just one of those things (insert whatever justification you want) but at the end of the day you're doing damage to someone's lively hood and reputation while disrespecting years of hard work, sacrifice etc. And its all much more serious than just harmless words on the internet.

So while some things are worth fighting for, and there is definitely a such thing as right and wrong, I would advise really thinking about what it is you're saying and doing in this and many other examples along similar lines. Because what might seem like a past time to you, or a harmless act in fact has real world consequences for those who have managed to draw your and others Eire. And when it grows into a pack mentality of sorts, man, that is something I want absolutely nothing to do with.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back