• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Movies An Officer and a Gentleman Remake with Miles Teller

Hopefully they don't portray the Subic Bay, Philippines as one huge whorehouse again.

When Richard Gere was making fun of the Filipino accent, he wasn't even doing it correctly. It sounded Chinese.

They’re not. They just are terrified of green lighting new ideas.
I don't think that's true for the television streaming channels. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. but for feature length movies on the big screen I would agree with you. It's all sequels, prequels, remakes and CGI crap.

I don't think that's true for the television streaming channels. Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc. but for feature length movies on the big screen I would agree with you. It's all sequels, prequels, remakes and CGI crap.
True. I agree with that distinction.

Again, what's the point in the remake? I mean with some remakes or re-adaptations you can take a concept and go in different places with it like The Thing or The Fly or even the Suspiria remake (which I feel is inferior but at least was its' own thing), though not all of them are worthwhile endeavors to try to just go on a different direction than the original (Halloween remake for one). So I don't know what they want to do with this one, but a remake for the sake of using an existing property would be typical of modern Hollywood.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, they would do far better to grab past mediocre movies that flopped but had a good idea behind it and remaking those better.

Most of the remakes we get are the equivalent of spraying Michaelangelo's David with diarrhoea

Lizzo is playing one of the other recruits

No thanks. Why in the world would rhymes choose to remake this movie? Remake something that was classic but where modern special effects could be used to improve upon it. Not some drama that’s 40 years old, was in color, and had some of that generation’s best actors.

No thanks. Why in the world would rhymes choose to remake this movie? Remake something that was classic but where modern special effects could be used to improve upon it. Not some drama that’s 40 years old, was in color, and had some of that generation’s best actors.
Rhymes?

Back