Americans HATE Governors Who Downplayed Coronavirus

No @luckyshot you are reading those graphs upside down. And what about Hawaii ? Also you need to look at deaths per capita to assess this and pretend cities don’t exist.

The only interesting point I have seen is the possibility that red state voters think that the response was bad because it was too strict. Ie the popularity of government was going down in those states if any covid response was implemented.
Yeah given the general level of partisanship in the country right now I wouldn't be surprised if that's accurate. Although I think the more likely case in those states is that it's a combination of Democratic voters who think the restrictions were insufficient and Republican voters who think any restrictions are too much. Half-measures that didn't please anyone basically.

Lol. Are you kidding me? I am saving this thread; it is both entertaining and elucidating.

I posted statistics that plainly show Trumpy GOP Governors have TERRIBLE ratings on Corona virus.

@Madmick posts a detailed graph that shows exactly the same thing-- while saying it says something different (what that different thing is neither he nor anyone else specifies)-- and a bunch of right wingers jump up and down thinking they've won.

Hilarious. And really outs some people.

Oh, sweet irony.

Breaking states into Red states that you like and Blue states that you don't care about is a TERRIBLE thing for the PotUS to do.

Noting that 9 of the top 10 worst rated Governors on Covid response are Trumpublicans is an accurate statement of facts and an acceptable thing for a guy on the internet to do.

Any other mysteries of life I can shine some light on for you?

@Hadron90
I'm not going to quote all your posts, but your basic point seems to be that the reality that is ("Trumpy" responses being very unpopular) shouldn't be the case. Which is not the argument I am interesting in having itt (it's been done thousands of times in other threads).

I am simply pointing out that Trumpy responses-- whatever you think of them-- are massively unpopular at the state level in the states where those responses took place.

Whether or not this should be, once again, is a separate point and one that I don't have the time or energy to get into right now, and one that we are probably not going to agree on.

But we should both be able to agree that Trumpy responses HAVE BEEN, in fact, unpopular. That is simply what every bit of data shows.
Not even close 9 out of 10 lol

Not even close 9 out of 10 lol
Really?

This is the list of the states where the Governor has the lowest Covid response rating, starting with the lowest rating and color coded for whether the Governor is Republican or Democrat.

1. Iowa
2. Florida
3. Arizona

4. Hawaii
5. Idaho
6. Mississippi
7. Oklahoma
8. Texas
9. Georgia
10. South Carolina

That's not 9 out of 10???

Not only can right wingers on this site not accurately read a graph; apparently, a numbered list also eludes them.

Lol, look at your own graph... the correlation absolutely exists. Look at the states where the governors are unpopular:
Cooper has been very aggressive with the lockdown in NC and everyone hates him

Really?

This is the list of the states where the Governor has the lowest Covid response rating, starting with the lowest rating and color coded for whether the Governor is Republican or Democrat.

1. Iowa
2. Florida
3. Arizona

4. Hawaii
5. Idaho
6. Mississippi
7. Oklahoma
8. Texas
9. Georgia
10. South Carolina

That's not 9 out of 10???

Not only can right wingers on this site not accurately read a graph; apparently, a numbered list also eludes them.
Sorry I prefer evidence, facts and statistics over polls. The fact that New Jersey, New York and California isn't on your list is telling..

Lol, look at your own graph... the correlation absolutely exists. Look at the states where the Governors' responses are most unpopular:

AZ: Trump's response is unpopular; governor follows it and tanks.
OK: Ditto
TX: Ditto
IA: Ditto
FL: Ditto (except both started out as 'meh' then tanked)
GA: Both unpopular

My state of CA was one of the first to implement measures...Democrat stronghold and yet Newsom's approval is down.

Why isn't NY highlighted with a box around it, even though Cuomo's approval is down also?

Mate, several of the highest rated states have some of the highest deaths per capita of anywhere in the world. Does that honestly not make you scratch your head?

Massachusetts is on the list of most favorable governors. Massachusetts has the 3rd highest deaths per capita in the US. If they were a country, they would be the worst performing country in the world by a sizable margin.

There is a funny reverse psychology involved. The worse things are, the more the people get in tune with their leader, and proclaim that they’re doing a great job.

Most people, at that time, thought George W Bush was a great president to fight terrorism. Even though the worst national security disaster in history happened under his watch, even though he inspired thousands of young Muslims to become future enemies of the USA.

There seems to be a notion that Trump will guarantee ‘law and order’ if he is re-elected. But he is the president now! And where is his law and order?

Sorry I prefer evidence, facts and statistics over polls. The fact that New Jersey, New York and California isn't on your list is telling..
What evidence or statistics could possibly tell you how popular or unpopular something is... besides a poll?

When you guys are in a logic hole, you really do just keep digging.

My state of CA was one of the first to implement measures...Democrat stronghold and yet Newsom's approval is down.

Why isn't NY highlighted with a box around it, even though Cuomo's approval is down also?
Because, while their approval is down from its peak, neither Newsom or Cuomo currently ranks in the bottom 10 in approval. (The bottom nine are listed in the OP.)

Mike DeWine and Larry Hogan are Republican Governors with high approval ratings because they actually listened to science and not Bunker Boy
And larry hogan will lose his next election.

It's a solid blue state and the Republicans here don't really care for him anymore.

Since there'll be no enthusiasm for him, the Democrats shouldn't have a had time easily beating him if they can turn out a semi competent candidate.

I voted for hogan, so did most of my peeps. We all could not care less if he gets reelected or not.
Turn out for him will be luke warm at best.

Plus
<Steiner01>

What evidence or statistics could possibly tell you how popular or unpopular something is... besides a poll?

Because, while their approval is down from its peak, neither Newsom or Cuomo currently ranks in the bottom 10 in approval. (The bottom nine are listed in the OP.)

The graph blew up huge on my phone when I clicked it. I could have sworn the box indicated the governor had a net loss from the earlier polling but I guess not.

The graph blew up huge on my phone when I clicked it. I could have sworn the box indicated the governor had a net loss from the earlier polling but I guess not.
Ahh. Maybe. In that case, I don't know.

Yeah given the general level of partisanship in the country right now I wouldn't be surprised if that's accurate. Although I think the more likely case in those states is that it's a combination of Democratic voters who think the restrictions were insufficient and Republican voters who think any restrictions are too much. Half-measures that didn't please anyone basically.

Yeah that makes sense.

Trying to come up with other data points or ways to validate would be a lot more interesting than just assuming the one argument you like is correct or creating strawmen to knock down.

Pritzker in Illinois turned a convention center into a multi-million dollar makeshift hospital staffed & ready to handle a surge of cases.

Dem of course.

Pritzker in Illinois turned a convention center into a multi-million dollar makeshift hospital staffed & ready to handle a surge of cases.

Dem of course.
Lamont did the same thing in CT. We never had to use the overflow facility, thank God. But people are still glad he took action, and his approval rating reflects this.

It's like conservatives say with guns all the time: better to have it and not need it than the other way around.

Yea ok Ray Charles

“Americans hate”
“Damming poll”
“I am lucky bot beep boop Orange man”

I have a feeling that op didn’t include a link to his “poll” since I bet it was conducted between last Friday and Monday with a total of 1.5k people

Lamont did the same thing in CT. We never had to use the overflow facility, thank God. But people are still glad he took action, and his approval rating reflects this.

It's like conservatives say with guns all the time: better to have it and not need it than the other way around.

Gun rule applies to most of life. There isnt a single situation on earth that it isnt better to be prepared for than caught off guard.

Nice one on using gun logic for other issues when talking to the other side

https://kateto.net/covid19/COVID19 CONSORTIUM REPORT 12 APPROVAL SEP 2020.pdf

They explain their results on the first page. It has nothing to do with Trump, as the OP claims. In fact, the authors say that in the last month, Trump's favorability is climbing, as governors on the whole are declining.

Instead, all these results say is that Democrats in red states, really hated their red state governors. Page 7 tells the whole story. Dems and Republicans both approve of their own parties governors about the same amount, but Dems greatly more disapprove of Republican governors than Republicans disapprove of Dem governors.

More interestingly is the case that the approval ratings are trending downward for everyone, on average.

Governor Ricketts implemented almost no covid lockdown restrictions for the majority of rural areas in Nebraska.

Other than sit-in dining and theaters being closed, the lives of Nebraskans remained largely unchanged.

My fellow Nebraskans had a very positive view of governor ricketts for not following group think.

Back