Americans HATE Governors Who Downplayed Coronavirus

Governor Ricketts implemented almost no covid lockdown restrictions for the majority of rural areas in Nebraska.

Other than sit-in dining and theaters being closed, the lives of Nebraskans remained largely unchanged.

My fellow Nebraskans had a very positive view of governor ricketts for not following group think.
Actually, according to @Madmick 's graph (thanks again for that, Mickey) Gov. Rickle's approval on the handling of Caronavirus has fallen to about 40%... little better than Trump's approval on the issue.

states-approval-plot-W9-large.png

Could have something to do with:

Gov. Ricketts: Nebraska won’t release specific COVID-19 numbers at meatpacking plants

https://ktiv.com/2020/05/06/watch-l...ides-daily-update-on-covid-19-in-nebraska-11/

Polls are ghey... Americans have a diverse range of opinions...

https://kateto.net/covid19/COVID19 CONSORTIUM REPORT 12 APPROVAL SEP 2020.pdf

They explain their results on the first page. It has nothing to do with Trump, as the OP claims. In fact, the authors say that in the last month, Trump's favorability is climbing, as governors on the whole are declining.

Instead, all these results say is that Democrats in red states, really hated their red state governors. Page 7 tells the whole story. Dems and Republicans both approve of their own parties governors about the same amount, but Dems greatly more disapprove of Republican governors than Republicans disapprove of Dem governors.

More interestingly is the case that the approval ratings are trending downward for everyone, on average.

I’m seeing a pattern with all these threads lucky bot is making now a days. Essentially he posts garbage, then the goof troop comes in and hypes his garbage then around page 2-3 he’s btfo and left to the wolves

What do polls say about Governors who threw COVID patients in nursing homes?

The media is very powerful in regards to sheeple

What do polls say about Governors who threw COVID patients in nursing homes?

The media is very powerful in regards to sheeple
Cuomo has an approval rating over 60%.

So, maybe it's the media or maybe it's Maybellene, but them's the facts.

I’m seeing a pattern with all these threads lucky bot is making now a days. Essentially he posts garbage, then the goof troop comes in and hypes his garbage then around page 2-3 he’s btfo and left to the wolves
Lol... that's the opposite of what happened in this very thread.

I posted facts, Mickey (who has since abandoned ship) posted a detailed graph that supported my facts, saying it did not support my facts, a bunch of right wing simpletons jumped up and down celebrating victory, and then about the third page in some people who can actually read a graph pointed out that the graph supports my OP; since then, all the people who have originally "celebrated victory" have left or changed the subject, while others such as Farmer and Shadow have chimed in just to post things that are demonstrably wrong.

Also, what "other" thread are you referring to? This one, which is going on its 33rd page and has certainly not been "abandoned"?
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ooof-new-poll-numbers-show-no-bump-for-trump.4131575/

Last edited:
Actually, according to @Madmick 's graph (thanks again for that, Mickey) Gov. Rickle's approval on the handling of Caronavirus has fallen to about 40%... little better than Trump's approval on the issue.

states-approval-plot-W9-large.png

Could have something to do with:

Gov. Ricketts: Nebraska won’t release specific COVID-19 numbers at meatpacking plants

https://ktiv.com/2020/05/06/watch-l...ides-daily-update-on-covid-19-in-nebraska-11/

You think 60% of Nebraskans disapprove of their governor because he didn't release the number of people with Covid at meat packing plants?

You think 60% of Nebraskans disapprove of their governor because he didn't release the number of people with Covid at meat packing plants?
I dunno.

I know that only 40% of Nebraskans approve of his response, which is way down from the Spring, and the biggest story about Covid that I could find from Nebraska was the story about the meat packing plants (where the majority of the state's outbreaks occurred).

Lol... that's the opposite of what happened in this very thread.

I posted facts, Mickey (who has since abandoned ship) posted a detailed graph that supported my facts, saying it did not support my facts, a bunch of right wing simpletons jumped up and down celebrating victory, and then about the third page in some people who can actually read a graph pointed out that the graph supports my OP; since then, all the people who have originally "celebrated victory" have left or changed the subject, while others such as Farmer and Shadow have chimed in just to post things that are demonstrably wrong.

Also, what "other" thread are you referring to? This one, which is going on its 33rd page and has certainly not been "abandoned"?
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ooof-new-poll-numbers-show-no-bump-for-trump.4131575/

I think you might be too dumb to see it. So hey can you link me to the poll you quoted in the OP?

I dunno.

I know that only 40% of Nebraskans approve of his response, which is way down from the Spring, and the biggest story about Covid that I could find from Nebraska was the story about the meat packing plants (where the majority of the state's outbreaks occurred).

And that passes the smell test to you? The majority of the state disapproves of his response, but the only negative article is a meat packing plant?

Lol, look at your own graph... the correlation absolutely exists. Look at the states where the governors are unpopular:

Stitt is unpopular with many Oklahomans because he's seen as an idiot . . . in general. These same people whine about his handling of various issues but want to hand over more control of their lives to him by calling for a state wide mask mandate.

While I might disagree with him on various issues I appreciate him understanding that a state wide mask mandate isn't enforceable. Let business owners decide for themselves how they want to address their own response to COVID-19. I wear a mask when a business asks me to. To me, that's enough.

Now if you want to critique the availability of PPE or testing that's a different discussion for me. :)

My wife is a teacher and my oldest works in a lab. He's definitely goofed that portion up IMO.

I think you might be too dumb to see it. So hey can you link me to the poll you quoted in the OP?

It's been quoted several times already, itt.

They explain their results on the first page. It has nothing to do with Trump, as the OP claims. In fact, the authors say that in the last month, Trump's favorability is climbing, as governors on the whole are declining.

Instead, all these results say is that Democrats in red states, really hated their red state governors. Page 7 tells the whole story. Dems and Republicans both approve of their own parties governors about the same amount, but Dems greatly more disapprove of Republican governors than Republicans disapprove of Dem governors.

More interestingly is the case that the approval ratings are trending downward for everyone, on average.
Look at those numbers a bit closer.

Republican governors, on average, have lost 12 points of popularity among their own parties. Democrat governors, on average, have lost 8 points of popularity among their own parties.

Republican governors, on average, have lost 18 points of popularity among independents. Democrat governors, on average, have lost 14 points of popularity among independents.

Put that together and Republican governors have, on average, lost ten points MORE than Democratic governors... AND that's factoring in the handful of Republican Governors who have remained highly rated (Scott, Sununu, Hogan, Baker). As page 8 shows, it's worse if you take them out and just look at the Governors who employed "Trumpy" rhetoric-- mostly because those governors have lost 20 points among independents.

Last edited:

Ok so it surveyed 21k over all 50 states so around 420 people per state....even less really since they included DC. I don’t think less than 420 people per state constitute....all Americans, but hey.....

So basically it says dems in red states “hate” their governor more than reps in blue states thereby explaining these numbers

Cool, great stuff as usual lucky bot I look forward to the next thread

Cuomo has an approval rating over 60%.

So, maybe it's the media or maybe it's Maybellene, but them's the facts.

Thank you for proving my point.

You will defend a governor for filling nursing homes with COVID patients. While condemn a Governor for wanting businesses not to go under.

So you are either....A. A media drone or B. A partisan hack.

Thank you for proving my point.

You will defend a governor for filling nursing homes with COVID patients. While condemn a Governor for wanting businesses not to go under.

So you are either....A. A media drone or B. A partisan hack.
Sheesh, why do you always have to be so aggro towards me?

I'm not defending any policy. I am pointing out public perception... and obviously that public perception has political ramifications.

As historian Jeffery Russell says, "What people believe to be true influences their actions more than what is objectively true."

And I will also add that the former is also easier to determine.

I'm not defending any policy. I am pointing out public perception... and obviously that public perception has political ramifications.

As historian Jeffery Russell says, "What people believe to be true influences their actions more than what is objectively true."

But you never condemned Cuomo. And are making a thread condemning the other.

We must assume you are A or B

And the nursing homes is much easier to prove. They were signed orders.

But you never condemned Cuomo. And are making a thread condemning the other.

We must assume you are A or B

And the nursing homes is much easier to prove. They were signed orders.
Once again, you misread my thread. I'm not condemning anyone.

I'm pointing out that certain Governors' responses are less popular-- and those Governors are almost all Republicans who followed Trump's lead in pushing for quick economic re-openings.

That's what the numbers say; not what I say.

Meh... fuck the polls.

People are voting with their feet and have been fleeing California and New York City for months since the lockdowns.... mainly to states like Arizona and Texas.

Back