Elections Amazon presses for in-person voting

oldshadow

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Amazon wants the upcoming unionization election at its Bessemer, Alabama, warehouse to be held in-person, arguing against National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) guidance to hold mail-in balloting in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

The e-commerce giant late Thursday appealed the ruling by an NLRB hearing officer a week ago to allow roughly 6,000 workers to take seven weeks, starting Feb. 8, to cast their ballots by mail to be represented by the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU). Amazon argued in one of two filings that the agency’s pandemic-voting policy is flawed, in part because it fails to define what a COVID-19 “outbreak” actually is.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...nization-election-in-the-midst-of-a-pandemic/

So mail in voting is supported by the heads of Amazon for the president of the US but not for their own union election.

Saw this the other day. When it's 160 million votes in 50 different states sent out to anyone on voter rolls that haven't been updated, it's the most accurate election in history. When it's their own company sending 6,000 to their own current employees, suddenly it's "hell no, that shit's full of fraud".

<36>

Last edited:
I was at the supermarket the other day and they had a booth collecting signatures to remove governor gavin newsome in california and i went to sign it and the lady told me that I had to provide ID, sign both my signature and spell my name out clearly as well as my address and that if anything was outside of the lines or not legible that the state would not recognize it. She then added in" too bad they dont treat our presidential elections that way". Funny how that works

Feel like I'm missing something. Wasn't Amazon a big supporter of the "by mail" voting process? Is this not a much easier version with 6000 people to account for, and is directly impacting their staff?

There doesn't seem to be a single argument that makes sense from their perspective why they would fight mail in votes.

Amazon wants the upcoming unionization election at its Bessemer, Alabama, warehouse to be held in-person, arguing against National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) guidance to hold mail-in balloting in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

The e-commerce giant late Thursday appealed the ruling by an NLRB hearing officer a week ago to allow roughly 6,000 workers to take seven weeks, starting Feb. 8, to cast their ballots by mail to be represented by the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU). Amazon argued in one of two filings that the agency’s pandemic-voting policy is flawed, in part because it fails to define what a COVID-19 “outbreak” actually is.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...nization-election-in-the-midst-of-a-pandemic/

So mail in voting is supported by the heads of Amazon for the president of the US but not for their own union election.

Why is this shocking to you? Just like Republicans, they are trying to suppress voter turnout in hopes of it benefiting them. They learned how to be crooks from the best crooks in the country.

Why is this shocking to you? Just like Republicans, they are trying to suppress voter turnout in hopes of it benefiting them. They learned how to be crooks from the best crooks in the country.
honest question, how have the republicans used voter suppression? I hear that brought up, but all I hear is that the republicans want voters to have to show ID which is obviously not voter suppression, just common sense.

racist ass amazon wants to silence the black vote by making it in person voting only.

honest question, how have the republicans used voter suppression? I hear that brought up, but all I hear is that the republicans want voters to have to show ID which is obviously not voter suppression, just common sense.
Why would you ask an honest question to a dishonest post? It hinges on their view that black people are guaranteed to vote for dems and are poor, lazy and incompetent, and are apparently also committing welfare fraud or employment fraud, since you need ID for both of those. They haven't really explained how poor rural white people are able to jump through these imaginary hoops.

Feel like I'm missing something. Wasn't Amazon a big supporter of the "by mail" voting process? Is this not a much easier version with 6000 people to account for, and is directly impacting their staff?

There doesn't seem to be a single argument that makes sense from their perspective why they would fight mail in votes.

It would seem their argument is “with all that is know about c19 and the precautions it’s safe to vote in person to ensure a fair election”.

Well now that’s quite a change.

For any voting it should have to be in person with ID and a social security card. I think its rather obvious this last election was riddled with fraud, probably on both sides. Although it will only matter to the losing side , last election democrats were crying about vote tampering and now the MAGA cultists are doing the same. Worst part is niether is wrong but we are so divided nobody cares to do anything about it.

I assume it is also racist if they have to show somehow that they are Amazon employees.
Amazon's own software predicted that more "diversity" = less chance of unionization.
Dat diversity strength, cain't beat dat strength

Saw this the other day. When it's 160 million votes in 50 different states sent out to anyone on voter rolls that haven't been updated, it's the most accurate election in history. When it's their own company sending 6,000 to their own current employees, suddenly it's "hell no, that shit's full of fraud".

<36>
There is no evidence before the election that would be a problem therefor it's a great idea. No one has been burnt up in a space ship trying to land on the sun so maybe it's possible?

For any voting it should have to be in person with ID and a social security card. I think its rather obvious this last election was riddled with fraud, probably on both sides. Although it will only matter to the losing side , last election democrats were crying about vote tampering and now the MAGA cultists are doing the same. Worst part is niether is wrong but we are so divided nobody cares to do anything about it.
Neither political party actually want a more secure vote process. That much is very obvious.

Trump gets 10 million more votes than the previous election, but than Biden blows him out of the water because of the mail in ballots? Get out of here with that nonsense. How does Trump win more minority votes than any Republican president since Reagan, but than Biden wins more black voters than Obama? If you were watching the ballot dumps at election night you know those mail in ballots were rigged. People are letting their blind hate for Trump cloud their thinking. Even if you absolutely hate Trump you should be against election fraud.

Back