Elections Amazon presses for in-person voting

Trump gets 10 million more votes than the previous election, but than Biden blows him out of the water because of the mail in ballots? Get out of here with that nonsense. How does Trump win more minority votes than any Republican president since Reagan, but than Biden wins more black voters than Obama? If you were watching the ballot dumps at election night you know those mail in ballots were rigged. People are letting their blind hate for Trump cloud their thinking. Even if you absolutely hate Trump you should be against election fraud.
<mma4>

Trump gets 10 million more votes than the previous election, but than Biden blows him out of the water because of the mail in ballots? Get out of here with that nonsense. How does Trump win more minority votes than any Republican president since Reagan, but than Biden wins more black voters than Obama? If you were watching the ballot dumps at election night you know those mail in ballots were rigged. People are letting their blind hate for Trump cloud their thinking. Even if you absolutely hate Trump you should be against election fraud.
What's even more suspect is that Biden under-performed with blacks everywhere except in 4 key cities. What a coincidence.

Black and brown people are too dumb to know how to get an ID.

Except when it comes time to buy some Old English 40s and Newport's with their homies in the hood.

Showing ID to vote: Racist.

Showing ID to be able to buy Newports and OE: Not Racist.

"Obama won with 69M votes, carrying 873 counties. Trump got 75M votes, carrying 2497 counties. And Biden got 81M votes, out of 477 counties. And before anybody attempts to “school” me—as they assumed they schooled Charlie Kirk, whose numbers I am simply passing on here—by pointing out that we don’t elect the president by adding up all the conservative counties where nobody lives, my retort is that I know that part. I am pointing at something else entirely. I do not look at those numbers as though the Electoral College counts by county. Rather, I look at those numbers and marvel at how water is now flowing uphill." - Doug Wilson

honest question, how have the republicans used voter suppression? I hear that brought up, but all I hear is that the republicans want voters to have to show ID which is obviously not voter suppression, just common sense.

They support virtually every policy that makes it harder to vote or limits the amount of votes being counted, particularly for areas with a high minority population. For instance, cutting down on on the number of polling places, moving polling locations away from minority communities, limiting the number of ballot dropoff locations, purging voter rolls each election, setting early deadlines for voter registration, setting early deadlines for mail-in ballots, defunding the post office prior to the election, blocking ballot curing, etc.

Texas is a great example of voter suppression. They've gotten rid of hundreds of polling locations since the last election, mostly in places with a high minority population. They also made a law to limit ballot drop offs to one location per county. Texas is the biggest stronghold for Republicans. They know how important it is to keep it red. They would struggle heavily to win any elections if it turns blue.

Last edited:
It’s not surprising that Amazon would take a position that reduces the likelihood of their workers unionizing. They have a reputation for harassing and firing employees who try to unionize and know that employees are less likely to vote for a union if their name is attached or the the votes are done under the direct watch of Amazon management.
They should unionize. Unions work best in huge corporations like this who tend to take advantage of the employees.
Good luck and be brave brothers.

Amazon wants the upcoming unionization election at its Bessemer, Alabama, warehouse to be held in-person, arguing against National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) guidance to hold mail-in balloting in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

The e-commerce giant late Thursday appealed the ruling by an NLRB hearing officer a week ago to allow roughly 6,000 workers to take seven weeks, starting Feb. 8, to cast their ballots by mail to be represented by the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU). Amazon argued in one of two filings that the agency’s pandemic-voting policy is flawed, in part because it fails to define what a COVID-19 “outbreak” actually is.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...nization-election-in-the-midst-of-a-pandemic/

So mail in voting is supported by the heads of Amazon for the president of the US but not for their own union election.

Not sure why they're against it, but also not sure why they can't vote when they come in to work.

What's even more suspect is that Biden under-performed with blacks everywhere except in 4 key cities. What a coincidence.
Biden got more votes in the states he won. That’s not even coincidental it’s the cause.

Feel like I'm missing something. Wasn't Amazon a big supporter of the "by mail" voting process? Is this not a much easier version with 6000 people to account for, and is directly impacting their staff?

There doesn't seem to be a single argument that makes sense from their perspective why they would fight mail in votes.

Maybe reducing the number of votes cast, weakening the interest in the unionization election and probably making it fail at some level?

Why would you ask an honest question to a dishonest post? It hinges on their view that black people are guaranteed to vote for dems and are poor, lazy and incompetent, and are apparently also committing welfare fraud or employment fraud, since you need ID for both of those. They haven't really explained how poor rural white people are able to jump through these imaginary hoops.

Forgive me if I'm missing something but are you saying that people who think that identification should be required to place a vote are racist against black people?

Wasn't Amazon a big supporter of the "by mail" voting process?

I think Amazon's entire business model is an example of their deep distrust of the postal system. /s

But seriously... Amazon isn't pushing for in-person unionization voting because they fear fraud. They are pushing for it because they hope it will reduce voter participation from the "pro" side via intimidation and/or fear of potential COVID exposure. This is about voter suppression.

Amazon wants the upcoming unionization election at its Bessemer, Alabama, warehouse to be held in-person, arguing against National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) guidance to hold mail-in balloting in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic.

The e-commerce giant late Thursday appealed the ruling by an NLRB hearing officer a week ago to allow roughly 6,000 workers to take seven weeks, starting Feb. 8, to cast their ballots by mail to be represented by the Retail, Wholesale and Department Store Union (RWDSU). Amazon argued in one of two filings that the agency’s pandemic-voting policy is flawed, in part because it fails to define what a COVID-19 “outbreak” actually is.

https://www.seattletimes.com/busine...nization-election-in-the-midst-of-a-pandemic/

So mail in voting is supported by the heads of Amazon for the president of the US but not for their own union election.

Where did Bezos come out in favor of mail-in voting?

They learned from the best, the right wingers...Its come full circle and now it seems right wingers are against it :D

It is in Amazon's interest to reduce the number of people potentially voting to unionize. Trying to force an in person voting would most likely favor Amazon as fear of retaliation may make people not vote to unionize or not vote at all.

Lefties please read this thread. All real americans want is truth, justice and the american way. Not hypocrisy, racism and lies.

I think Amazon's entire business model is an example of their deep distrust of the postal system. /s

But seriously... Amazon isn't pushing for in-person unionization voting because they fear fraud. They are pushing for it because they hope it will reduce voter participation from the "pro" side via intimidation and/or fear of potential COVID exposure. This is about voter suppression.
How are we supposed to talk about how the election was stolen from Trump if you're gonna spoil the plot of this thread?

This definitely means that the US presidential election was stolen. Clearly.

Amazon hates black workers and is actively working to bring back the Jim Crow era.

I am shocked microbrew and panamaican arn’t voicing their concerns.

shocked.

Back