Am I the only one who thinks cain isn't really all that good?

..................................yes. :icon_lol:

I'm not trying to bash cain, he doesn't even have a dozen fights yet. But as of now I don't understand why alot of people think he is the number 1 HW...other than a lack of depth in the division.

his most impressive win was obviously when he won the belt, problem with that is he won it against lesnar, who is a terrible fighter, so cain basically got the belt and number 1 HW status for free. another impressive win was I don't know, big nog maybe? pat barry could probably ko big nog. besides that all that comes to mind when I think of cain is him getting dropped repeatedly and taken down by kongo, then getting ko'd in under 90 seconds by JDS in his first defense.

also mir has beat big nog twice, and beat lesnar also, and held the HW belt, and lasted longer against JDS than cain, that stomps cain's entire career and mir isn't even top 5. It just boggles my mind when I think of why people talk about cain so highly, I never thought he was an amazing fighter.

Anyone care to tell me why he is?

Yea u are.

prime fedor is better than current cain.

prime fedor would KO cain and jds.

Fixed the first sentence, totally agree with the second.

Prime Fedor was not a better *version* of Cain, he was just flat out better than Cain. Kicked too good to be a boxer, boxed too good to be a kickboxer, was too good off his back to be a sambo guy...the list goes on. Prime Fedor was a machine.

I like to pretend M1 Fedor never existed, other than choking out Timmeh and knocking Arlovski's head into the tenth row.

Fixed the first sentence, totally agree with the second.

Prime Fedor was not a better *version* of Cain, he was just flat out better than Cain. Kicked too good to be a boxer, boxed too good to be a kickboxer, was too good off his back to be a sambo guy...the list goes on. Prime Fedor was a machine.

I like to pretend M1 Fedor never existed, other than choking out Timmeh and knocking Arlovski's head into the tenth row.

Id give Cain the edge on the standup and wrestling but the power and subs go to Fedor.

Cain vs Prime Fedor would be a hell of a fight.

I do not like Cain; something about him makes me dislike him(boring personality, simply just not a fan).

With that said I believe he is one of the most balanced fighters of all time. A great grappler with great cardio and solid striking. I don't like him but I understand why others do.

Cain Velazquez is a great, great fighter. Just not as great as *many of* his fans or Joe Rogan make him out to be. Yet.

If he continues with the GSP/Couture hybrid-style...

No.

Honestly, Cain's striking is average. Not only that, but his chin isn't superb, either. Both of them aren't bad, not at all, they are just not as world class as some make them out to be.

Hes pretty good and lookin beastly lately when he fights his kickboxing is getting better and better so hes no GOAT just yet but hes a great fighter and as for his style his gnp is vicious more than GSP closer to Randy

Back