Am I the only one who thinks cain isn't really all that good?

Not sure how you can fail to realize what I'm saying. I've been very clear. When Cain beat Brock, a lot of people thought that Brock was the best HW in the world or near the top. Brock wasn't as good as people thought. And when you take that into account, Cain's record looks worse than people think. You can look into it and raise some questions. That doesn't mean that he's not still arguably the second-best HW in the world.

My general problem here is that people cannot accept the possibility of legitimate disagreement based on differing interpretations of evidence. Everyone accuses everyone who disagrees with them with some secret motive (hatred, nuthuggery, trying to make someone else's record look better or worse, etc.) or just gets righteously indignant, which is the enemy of rational thought. The TS wants to talk about Cain's record, and he has his perspective. Is he right or is he wrong? Why? That's what should drive this. Not, "fuck you! How dare you criticize a good fighter?"

I apologize for perhaps misunderstanding your comment. However, I only think Cain's record would look worse if he had struggled with Brock. Cain finished off Brock in the first round.

I apologize for perhaps misunderstanding your comment. However, I only think Cain's record would look worse if he had struggled with Brock. Cain finished off Brock in the first round.

No problem. And to be clear, I'm not at all saying that there's anything negative in Cain's record related to the Brock fight. Just that it's not as positive as it appeared at first glance. On the flip side, one could argue that the Nog win looks better after Nog/Mir II than it did at the time. I think generally, anyone with only 10 wins is going to have questions in his record.

His striking defense and form are terrible, other than that he's a good fighter.

He's easily top 3 or 4 in the world, I think that JDS and Overeem have his number.

So to say that he isn't that good is nonsense, just because you have 2 or 3 men who are better than you in the entire world doesn't mean you are not an incredible fighter.

He's easily top 3 or 4 in the world, I think that JDS and Overeem have his number.

So to say that he isn't that good is nonsense, just because you have 2 or 3 men who are better than you in the entire world doesn't mean you are not an incredible fighter.

Agree with this, but I think he'll struggle with Werdum as well. He's definitely a top heavyweight, but there's too many people here who automatically assume he's better than everyone else. He could be, but its not some foregone conclusion. He's shown weaknesses that can be exploited.

shock.gif

I don't even think he's a ufc caliber fighter, I think Brad Morris destroys him in the rematch.

Seriously though he is pretty much the perfect fighter other than the fact that he blocks punches with his face.

Agree with this, but I think he'll struggle with Werdum as well. He's definitely a top heavyweight, but there's too many people here who automatically assume he's better than everyone else. He could be, but its not some foregone conclusion. He's shown weaknesses that can be exploited.

Seriously though, who doesn't? Overeem gassed in a really shitty fight with Werdum. Werdum isn't the MT killer that some people hype him up to be. Mir is... Mir. Bigfoot gets pounded by most quick HWs he fights. Carwin has limited stand up skills and gas issues. Big Nog hasn't looked good against a top HW in years. Barnett can beat guys with a limited ground game and bad defensive wrestling, but struggles with good strikers with TDD. Mike Russow loses whenever he faces a top guy.

I just pointed out obvious flaws in the current SD top 10 (plus Carwin), minus JDS and Cormier. With time, it's likely that their flaws will become apparent as well.

Everyone has weaknesses, and everyone exploits them as well as they can.

Cain has exceptional:
- Kicks (Very nice technique)
- Takedowns
- Cardio

Cain has good:
- Punches
- Power

Cain has bad:
- Chin
- Footwork
- Gameplan

have you actually watched him fight or just looked fight finder?

I'm not trying to bash cain, he doesn't even have a dozen fights yet. But as of now I don't understand why alot of people think he is the number 1 HW...other than a lack of depth in the division.

his most impressive win was obviously when he won the belt, problem with that is he won it against lesnar, who is a terrible fighter, so cain basically got the belt and number 1 HW status for free. another impressive win was I don't know, big nog maybe? pat barry could probably ko big nog. besides that all that comes to mind when I think of cain is him getting dropped repeatedly and taken down by kongo, then getting ko'd in under 90 seconds by JDS in his first defense.

also mir has beat big nog twice, and beat lesnar also, and held the HW belt, and lasted longer against JDS than cain, that stomps cain's entire career and mir isn't even top 5. It just boggles my mind when I think of why people talk about cain so highly, I never thought he was an amazing fighter.

Anyone care to tell me why he is?

What do you think of Cain now???

Cain is the real deal. When he dominates the overrated overeem maybe you guys will give him his due respect.

Back