Am I the only one who thinks cain isn't really all that good?

soccerkick666**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm not trying to bash cain, he doesn't even have a dozen fights yet. But as of now I don't understand why alot of people think he is the number 1 HW...other than a lack of depth in the division.

his most impressive win was obviously when he won the belt, problem with that is he won it against lesnar, who is a terrible fighter, so cain basically got the belt and number 1 HW status for free. another impressive win was I don't know, big nog maybe? pat barry could probably ko big nog. besides that all that comes to mind when I think of cain is him getting dropped repeatedly and taken down by kongo, then getting ko'd in under 90 seconds by JDS in his first defense.

also mir has beat big nog twice, and beat lesnar also, and held the HW belt, and lasted longer against JDS than cain, that stomps cain's entire career and mir isn't even top 5. It just boggles my mind when I think of why people talk about cain so highly, I never thought he was an amazing fighter.

Anyone care to tell me why he is?

Just because JDS will KO him doesn't make him not good.

He has the tools to beat any HW.

hes good. but i think his training partner cormier is better.

Hopefully you are. Cain is a great fighter and arguably #2 Hw in the world.

Well we will see what he does in his second fight with JDS. I would never "isn't really good" he is a great heavyweight but JDS just may be better, can't wait to find out how the fight goes.

I keep seeing people say he is good or whatever, but apparently nobody has any reasons he is good? his standup isn't good at all, but his wrestling and cardio are pretty great, but if he loses again to JDS it just proves he isn't top 3.

I'm not saying he isn't good because he lost to JDS or may lose again, I'm saying he isn't very good, because he has never done anything to show he is that good.

YES....In fact I predict he will put JDS on his Brazilian ass for the first time....Remember U heard it here!

I'm not trying to bash cain, he doesn't even have a dozen fights yet. But as of now I don't understand why alot of people think he is the number 1 HW...other than a lack of depth in the division.

his most impressive win was obviously when he won the belt, problem with that is he won it against lesnar, who is a terrible fighter, so cain basically got the belt and number 1 HW status for free. another impressive win was I don't know, big nog maybe? pat barry could probably ko big nog. besides that all that comes to mind when I think of cain is him getting dropped repeatedly and taken down by kongo, then getting ko'd in under 90 seconds by JDS in his first defense.

also mir has beat big nog twice, and beat lesnar also, and held the HW belt, and lasted longer against JDS than cain, that stomps cain's entire career and mir isn't even top 5. It just boggles my mind when I think of why people talk about cain so highly, I never thought he was an amazing fighter.

kevin-garnett-angry-gif.gif

This is terrible MMAth.

Using the Kongo fight is a terrible example (even though he won)- he has changed as a fighter, his striking is light years from what it was in the Kongo fight.

Then Cain fights JDS with a messed up ACL, that fight is hardly indicative of what Cain could have done, come on bro.

Who has better cardio than Cain at heavyweight? No one. Not even close.

I keep seeing people say he is good or whatever, but apparently nobody has any reasons he is good? his standup isn't good at all, but his wrestling and cardio are pretty great, but if he loses again to JDS it just proves he isn't top 3.

How? He'd be losing to the #1 again. Overeem could be bumped to #2, then what?

Your logic is full of flaw.

looked good against bigfoot who destroyed Fedor. Might be a few who could beat him. I thought he was trash against Kongo, and a smarter Kongo would finish him, maybe even now. His chin is questionable.

Cain obviously has the physical tools and the wrestling skill. He's rated accordingly

Back