Am I the only one who isn't COMPLETELY counting out Dillashaw?

On topic, TJ definitely has a chance in this fight. His striking has improved tremendously since TUF. If he can keep the pressure on Barao by moving forward and set up his strikes, he could catch Barao. On the other hand, Barao is the favorite for a reason. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends in the first or second round via Barao. I will be hoping for the upset though! Huge Team Alpha Male fan and would LOVE to see them finally get the gold.

No Tax Man, you aren't.

I heavily favour Barao for all the obvious reasons, but this is MMA, stuff happens sometimes and TJ is a good fighter. It could just be his night, you never know.

Aldo, Barao, and Mighty Mouse have all steamrolled Team Alpha Male, I have no reason to believe this fight will be any different.

It's silly how little of a chance dillashaw is being given

TJ improves his game every time he fights, always adds something new. he's very fast, hits hard, is excellently conditioned and is pretty diverse on the ground and on the feet.

Barao is of course nothing short of amazing, and absolutely should be the favorite (he'll probably win too) but TJ has a legit shot here and shouldn't ever be counted out

why is tj getting the title shot when Assuncao beat him just two fights ago? Was Assuncao the original opponent or something?

why is tj getting the title shot when Assuncao beat him just two fights ago? Was Assuncao the original opponent or something?

I think baraos original opponent got hurt or something

No wait this was supposed to be the weidman/vitor card but vitor was pulled and they moved weidman/machida to July to give machida a full camp and made this the main event in short notice

Any fighter has a "chance"...

But you know they are all probably sitting there at Alpha male wondering what Baraos weaknesses are and I doubt they are coming up with any serious answers. The guy has shown very few flaws.

I don't know how many more times Team Alpha Male are going to be getting title shots.. I would make them fight each other because having they top guys all on one team makes match making less effective..

I think he doesn't have a chance. Take downs wont be there, and his striking technique is so far behind Barao its silly. It would be like Aldo fighting Nick Lentz. No offense to Lentz he is just not on that level, and neither is Dillashaw.

Back