Am I the only one who isn't COMPLETELY counting out Dillashaw?

The Taxman

Askren P4P #1
@red
Reaction score
Let me start off by saying Barao is the reasonable and obvious favorite, no denying that.

Dillashaw has been improving tremendously every fight, and I know I'm not alone in thinking he won that Assuncao fight. His speed and combinations and work ethic are night and day compared to what it was just a few years ago on TUF. Alpha male has a curse against them for UFC fights and I'm actually giving TJ a chance here. Curious as to if I'm the only one..

Last edited:
I think barao will make it look real easy. I just don't see barao losing anytime soon.

I'd like to see TJ win but he has very little chance against Barao.

I can see why. I think Barao will win but I don't think he is just going to blow right through him. I think TJ can make it a fight

It's disgusting the way fans have written him off, but I don't take most of those fans seriously....besides they all claim card quality isn't up to par to them and aren't watching so who cares what these people think.

I'm excited for it....more excited than the last few events and I think the main event is going to deliver.

I don't see Dillawshaw getting dominated, but I'm pretty sure he's going to lose. Always rooting for the guy though, amazing fighter.

Everyone always stands a chance but I simply dont see Dillashaw winning. Faber is a guy that walks through everyone at bw but Barao just destroyed Faber. I know mmath is shite but still it shows how high above the bw div Barao really is. I think a new bw champ will be crowned the day Barao moves to fw and thats it.

With TJ's drastic improvements with every fight, I'm expecting a good fight. I'm in the minority, but I think he'll give Barao a tough time.

Wouldn't be surprised if TJ pulled the upset. It'd be fitting as Bang's last fight as TAM coach.

TJ D gonna get steam rolled. round 2 finished.

TJ definately has a bigger chance then what people are giving him. He's got very nice striking combos and some fantastic power. Not only that but his takedowns/bjj are also excellent and I think he can hang on the ground with almost anyone in the division. If he's winning this fight it's the same way (I thought) Faber would. Use his power strikes to wobble Barao and set up a submission. He has a good chance.

That being said TS is 100% right Renan is the out right favorite. TJ's striking is very nice, Barao's is fantastic. TJ's grappling is excellent, Barao's is otherworldly. I'm sure TJ is very well conditioned, but we've seen Renan go into the deep water and still finish. I think Barao will be able to beat TJ, in fact I expect it.

But TJ still has a chance...

Dillashaw is going to get wrecked, bro. Barao is invincible.

It would be like Serra beating GSP. We all know who's better, but sometimes mistakes are made or people get lucky. Barao will end him in the first.

Everyone always stands a chance but I simply dont see Dillashaw winning. Faber is a guy that walks through everyone at bw but Barao just destroyed Faber. I know mmath is shite but still it shows how high above the bw div Barao really is. I think a new bw champ will be crowned the day Barao moves to fw and thats it.

Pretty much this. Barao dominates the guy who dominates everyone else. Anyone thinks TJ is better than Faber? TJ lost to Assuncao and won a close fight with Easton. Nothing impressive about him.

Dillashaw can get the nod in the boxing department. Everything else is leading towards Barao.

At this point in his career,Barao is like a runaway train none can stop.I hope Dillashaw makes it competitive though.

Don't know, but I think he has pretty much close to no chance. I mean of course everyone has a chance, which is why I said close to no chance.

Pretty much this. Barao dominates the guy who dominates everyone else. Anyone thinks TJ is better than Faber? TJ lost to Assuncao and won a close fight with Easton. Nothing impressive about him.

I think TJ is better than Faber, especially in the striking department. A close decision to Easton???? Are you out of your fucking mind? LOL

I think TJ is better than Faber, especially in the striking department. A close decision to Easton???? Are you out of your fucking mind? LOL

Sorry, meant to say lost close decision to Assuncao.

Back