• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am i the only one that doesnt recognize who 90% of the people on UFC 234 are?

Nope the card is shit. Only the main event and co-main are worthy.

Your definitely right they are banking on 200,000-300,000 ppv buys at the minimum and selling a huge gate in australia which they typically always do and sounds like this event sold better than any other australian event to date if the info is to be believed. So yeah it will be a successful business move still wish they could have thrown felder vs vick on here or something tho

Yeah another reason opening all these new markets and national diversity is so profitable for the UFC. Don't need to put much on cards besides successful locals because the locals are going to consume no matter what. Notice how the UFC would never put on a terrible card(or tries very hard not to put on a terrible card) in Vegas.

Little Dong is awesome
Kang is pretty fun
Vannata fun
Yahya good
Alvey known, Crute not bad
Kara-France good prospect

You know your card sucks when Smile and Sam Alvey is one of the bigger names

I’d say I know about 60% and that’s pretty sad for a PPV.

This shit has been going on for years though.

I've seen 9 out of the 24 fighters on the card before. I've heard of 3 others. That means I kind of know like 50 percent of the card, which is crazy for a ppv. Usually there's only one or two fighters that I don't recognize on a ppv and they're hidden on fight pass. Casuald probably only know like 2-4 fighters on this card--is that really enough to sell a ppv ?

Last edited:
Been watching MMA/UFC for roughly 18-19 years and I know/recognise 4 of the fighters on the whole card. Dog shite.

7/24 known = 17/24 unknown = 71% for me... because I'm a hardcore, baby!

(That's a fair bit better than the percentage of guys I knew on the combined rosters at the Superbowl, though... and I watched 3/4 of that bullshit.)

Some of the names I can't remember seeing before and others just barely ring a bell.

I agree i dont recognize most of the names but it has an excellent Main and Comain.
The rest we will have to judge when we see them fight. Ive never understood the complaint about a cards filled with people you dont know. Every star used to be someone you dont know.

Should this card have one or two more fights with names? Of course but that doesnt mean the newcomers wont deliver. If anything up and comers put on a better show because they know they dont have many chances to impress.

Give them a chance TS!

Sam Alvey on a main card that runs 64$

giphy.gif

$2 per tooth #SmilinSam

LOLS:

Sam Alvey on main PPV
Sam Alvey with puppet at weigh ins
Didn't he get wrecked very recently

same who can keep up with this anymore - too many fighters - too many expensive events - too many belts - most of these people don't even have a face

<Fedor23>

I'm from the one-maybe two events a month era when this shit was follow-able

Other than the main and co-main I only know of: Rani, Lando, Alvey, Teruto

For a PPV that they expect you to pay $65 for, that just isn't good enough

I only know shane young and kai kara france because theyre from auckland. Oh and Sam Alvey because of his fine azz wife

70 75% I don't recognize but hopefully the fights are good and some of those unknown fighters become known and go on to be bigger names.

Other than the main and co main I have no idea who those guys are.

Back