• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am i the only one that doesnt recognize who 90% of the people on UFC 234 are?

The only guys I care about seeing in this card are the main/co-main fights, Sam Alvey, and Lando Vannata. Oh and Ishihara.

What the fuck? Sam Alvey is one of the worst fighters on the roster. His fights are always shitty.

The main event is a fantastic scrap. Kelvin is very much a live dog against anybody.
The co-main will likely end with Anderson getting stopped or a very lopsided UD for Israel.

The rest of the card is very eh.
65 bucks for this?

LOL
UFC trying to see if they can do worse than Nunes vs. Pennington.

{<jordan}
Yeah if you are paying for this no questions axed, then you are 100% a sucka.

I only recognize 24.57% of the people

Main, co-main, and Rani Yahya are the only ones I've heard of. I became a fan to Nadia Kassem after the weigh in tho.

I dont even know 90% of everybody in the ufc... People 'fighting' 1 time in 5 years and whatnot.
giphy(27).gif

Also I think you are seeing a transition period too in the UFC. The pride and beginning UFC fighter days are over. Who knows how many more fights are we going to see from the big stars like: GSP, DC, Jones, Connor ever again.

So, i think you are going to see a wave of new prospects coming in to see who will be the next star.

Stop it, this is as watered down as it gets.

There are I believe a few UFC debuts on this card. Not unheard of for a card outside of N America. There’s even the ppv debut of Smilin Sam.

But come on. Do you watch and follow the sport?

Ignorance is not an excuse for making fun of others. And can it ever be said enough? It’s a “PPV”. Don’t buy or stream if you don’t want to.

I’ll give you a free pro tip though... You aren’t going to learn who these people are if you don’t watch the fights.

8Rat.gif

Outside of main and co main event, I've heard of Alvey, Vannata, Yahya and DHK. The rest? Who are they? I've followed MMA/UFC for ~15 years but I have no clue who these guys are.

Very familiar
Robert Whittaker
Kelvin Gastellum
Israel Adesanya
Anderson Silva

Familiar
Jim Crute
Sam Alvey
Rani Yahya
Little Dong
Teruto Ishihara
Lando Vannata

I think I've heard the name before
Ricky Simon
Montana De La Rosa
Kai Kara-France
Jalin Turner
Wuliji Buren

Who the fuck?
Devonte Smith
Nadia Kassem
Austin Arnett
Shane Young
Raulian Pavia
Kyung Ho Kang
Marcos Mariano
Callan Potter
Jonathan Martinez

I never heard of many of them, everyone is the same in UFC nowadays, nothing stands out, so unless they have some amazing style or very unique look I wont remember them.

Looking forward to watching the last 2 fights. Not wasting time pretending to be interested in the others.

You’re definitely not the only one. This type of shit has been going on for at least two years now tho. Maybe even three.
Too many cards are being put on now, so it's all about the main and co main. It was inevitable that the UFC would become like boxing where the events are about the champs and the undercard fights are filler.

Back