Am I getting a hernia?

sirtapsalot

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I started back to lifting properly last week after 13 weeks of resistant band and kettlebell stuff and I have been getting this weird feelin in my upper right abbs. It only happens during certain lifts and is worst so far during front squats.

Theres nothing sticking out and I wouldn't call it pain exactly or even pressure just a really odd sensation. Is this a hernia and if it is can I do anything about it? Google says that a hernia needs surgery to be fixed but i dont think its progressed that far yet

what does it feel like in the early stages?
can i stop it?
what is the recovery like if it is a hernia?

Don’t think you could “stop” It , you can live with it for a long while , assuming you don’t stress the location regularly..
feels like a localized pressure and pain.
As it advances I felt a bulge that I could push in or would settle in on its own if I laid down..
Recovery can be rough the first couple of days.
PRO TIP
FIND A TOP DOCTOR, THE FIRST DOC FUCKED IT UP..
OPEN PROCEDURE, FUCK LAPROSCOPIC..my exp, good luck..

I started back to lifting properly last week after 13 weeks of resistant band and kettlebell stuff and I have been getting this weird feelin in my upper right abbs. It only happens during certain lifts and is worst so far during front squats.

Theres nothing sticking out and I wouldn't call it pain exactly or even pressure just a really odd sensation. Is this a hernia and if it is can I do anything about it? Google says that a hernia needs surgery to be fixed but i dont think its progressed that far yet
I think I may be getting the same thing. It's like an odd feeling in your upper abs below your chest. Right now it's not really bad but I don't want it to progress and I hope it can be completely reversible. I started having acid reflux in January and I wonder if it's related. I stopped smoking as I felt it was making it worse
Edit: it may be related to all the stress I've had recently regarding my house and that I'm working 6-7 days a week. Maybe I need a break?

Mine is in the exact same place but i haven't had any reflux or anything.

See a doctor if you’re concerned.

Forbidden Topics

Injury threads. Don't ask the internet what you should ask a doctor. Discussing injury prevention, or dealing with minor aches and pains is acceptable. Threads asking for a diagnosis or advice on treatment are not allowed.

Back