Am I forgetting anything.... ?

The Jake

Evil Genius
Reaction score
I got less than a month for my trip to L.A....

I got my plane ticket,
I got my passport,
I got my credit card,
Apart from travel insurance and some cold hard U.S. currency, I should be set....

Is there anything else I should bring with me to L.A.??:confused:

This is a legitimate thread btw...

No I will not be bringing any jars of Vegemite with me. I do not want Arju to stab me. I am thinking of bringing along some Tim Tams but ;)

Is there anything else you guys can think of???

- The Jake

Originally posted by The Jake
I got less than a month for my trip to L.A....

I got my plane ticket,
I got my passport,
I got my credit card,
Apart from travel insurance and some cold hard U.S. currency, I should be set....

Is there anything else I should bring with me to L.A.??:confused:

This is a legitimate thread btw...

No I will not be bringing any jars of Vegemite with me. I do not want Arju to stab me. I am thinking of bringing along some Tim Tams but ;)

Is there anything else you guys can think of???

- The Jake

yea, ur computer

and could u bring back a flyswatter, theres a fly in my room

no need!

already killed it

....... magazines

Another shrimp for the barbi!!!!!!

Wilhelm

Gun, knife, a car and one bad ass mutha-fuckin attitude oh yea and a clean change of undie's when you get scared!

1 pound Canadian weed=1 pound American Coke...

therefore....

bring some weed and sell it.

K you're Australian so nevermind.... :rolleyes:

Tell Me where is YOur Hotel so i can come and Make You Tap.

OK....

Computer - My19" Sony Trinitron flatscreen monitor doesn't pack too well.

Condoms - I've got enough of latex for the next 3 Batman sequels. Lube, that's her problem :D j/k. Thanks Bobby...

Wilhelm - You're dead.

B&I - I got my meatsaber, force powers and bad ass attitude right here.

RangerFTL - I don't go for any of those backdoor shenanigans but if things get desperate, I'll borrow yours.

- The Jake

hahaha!!! You fell into this one Jake:D

I'll be serious though.
I found travellers cheques better than cash. There's no risk if they get stolen or you lose them, and they can be used to buy anything, ANYWHERE! ($50 cheques should be good)

Take a bumbag (fanny pack in USA) they are useful to carry around all your shit. A wallet won't cut it.

Get a Lonely Planet guide, they are filled with HEAPS of useful info (even the locals won't know about) written by travellers for travellers.

If you go to Universal Studios, avoid the E.T. ride (it sucked) the rest were good though.

ummm I'm sure I'll think of others, I'll add them as they come to me.

Originally posted by vod

Not ones made outta Kangeroo skin...

True. Although they probably have condoms made of astro turf in LA.

Originally posted by cakewalkbaby
hahaha!!! You fell into this one Jake:D

I'll be serious though.
I found travellers cheques better than cash. There's no risk if they get stolen or you lose them, and they can be used to buy anything, ANYWHERE! ($50 cheques should be good)

1) Where do I get them
2) Will all merchants take them?
3) If they do get stolen, why are they unusable?

Take a bumbag (fanny pack in USA) they are useful to carry around all your shit. A wallet won't cut it.

Why is that?
People say because incase you get mugged blah blah blah. Fat lot of good that will do if someone pries the bloody thing from my cold dead body.... :(

Get a Lonely Planet guide, they are filled with HEAPS of useful info (even the locals won't know about) written by travellers for travellers.

Good idea... I'll swing by Borders and pick one up.

- The Jake

1) Where do I get them
Any bank.

2) Will all merchants take them?
Pretty much all took them. Providing you're not paying for a packet of tic tacs with a $100 cheque. Malls, cinemas, petrol stations, etc all okay. Just ask "you take travllers cheques?" before you buy anything if you're unsure.

3) If they do get stolen, why are they unusable?
When you get the TC's the bank will go through all this. Basically, you have to sign each TC when you pick the up, then counter sign it infront of the merchant when you want to use one. If they get stolen, someone needs to forge your signiture to be able to use them. And in that time, you can report them stolen, and AmEx will send you out new ones.

As for the bum bag, ..... you probably won't need it, if you have a permanent place to stay. I stayed at hostels, and took all my valuables (far too much for a wallet) with me when I travelled for the day. Incase my backpack got raided while I was out.

Anyway make sure you ask for US travellers cheques. Also I think most Australian banks charge a conversion fee, when using your credit card overseas. I am with the Commonwealth, and they had one. It's a certain %age, bigger the purchase, bigger the fee. Nice surprise on my bank statement when I got home. :mad:

Also keep ALL your credit card receipts, and record all your purchases, and go over them with a fine tooth comb when you get your statement. I got ripped off $650 USD from a motel owner in Grand Junction Colorado. A week after I stayed there (while I was in Idaho) "I" somehow bought $650 worth of childrens clothing, at a Grand Junction store. I got that money back, after the bank asked the merchant to provide a receipt, and they couldn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back