Am I forgetting anything.... ?

Jake, that pool room of your must be 'Hot Property" I would love to "Change rooms "with you mate

Originally posted by ArjukanpoKarate

Well he's not staying in a hotel, he's staying with me.;)

I'm sure I'll be able to hear the synthesizer music all the way in C-Town, lol

Jake, while you "getaway", ensure to see some of the "Great Outdoors"!! That should be "Totally Wild"!!!

Oh yeah, somebody try and stop me!!

You might like it there so much you don't want to return to Australia....... so bring your resume and copies of your diplomas in case you want to look for a job in LA. Good luck! Oh, and don't forget one or two sleepingpills to help you get through the flight. How long will you be flying? 18 hours?

Originally posted by Lady N
You might like it there so much you don't want to return to Australia....... so bring your resume and copies of your diplomas in case you want to look for a job in LA. Good luck! Oh, and don't forget one or two sleepingpills to help you get through the flight. How long will you be flying? 18 hours?

He already thought of that. ;)

Originally posted by seldomTap
Jake, while you "getaway", ensure to see some of the "Great Outdoors"!! That should be "Totally Wild"!!!

Oh yeah, somebody try and stop me!!

LOL don't make me press the edit botton lol. Cuz I will.

J/K man I think your funny.:)

I'm glad someone other than me and Osiris does Arju!

Don't forget some aussie beer cause american beer sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Originally posted by Lady N

My flight is 14 hours or so :(

You are right on the job hunting side of it.

I'm gonna have some copies of my resume... that's no problem
I'm gonna have a copy of my official academic transcript from uni (my diploma is framed :( ) and I got my official CCNA card from Cisco so I guess that should take care of that....

Thanks for the reminder here Lady N - I needed that.

Seldom - shut up. :p

- The Jake

I'm sorry but American puns do not count.

EDITED for your pleasure biaaatch.

HAHAHAHAHAHA DA POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

- The Jake

So you got a lay over in hawaii or what? Seeing if you do, a couple of us could meat you at the airport...:p

Originally posted by The Jake

My flight is 14 hours or so :(

You are right on the job hunting side of it.

I'm gonna have some copies of my resume... that's no problem
I'm gonna have a copy of my official academic transcript from uni (my diploma is framed :( ) and I got my official CCNA card from Cisco so I guess that should take care of that....

- The Jake
Dude, be careful. If you are entering on a holiday visa, and US customs find resumes and academic transcripts, they could sent you straight back home! It may be safer to mail them ahead of you.

My only stop over at last check is something like a one hour break in Auckland, NZ. Maybe Squatdog can drop by for a visit .... :)

I may head to Hawaii at some point... maybe... unlikely but, due to time/money constraints but we shall see...

- The Jake

Originally posted by The Jake
I got less than a month for my trip to L.A....

I got my plane ticket,
I got my passport,
I got my credit card,
Apart from travel insurance and some cold hard U.S. currency, I should be set....

Is there anything else I should bring with me to L.A.??:confused:

This is a legitimate thread btw...

No I will not be bringing any jars of Vegemite with me. I do not want Arju to stab me. I am thinking of bringing along some Tim Tams but ;)

Is there anything else you guys can think of???

- The Jake

What the hell are Tim Tams? and vegemite, what is that? I remember that Men At Work song where they mentioned vegemite, but I never knew what it was. care to enlighten me?

Originally posted by cakewalkbaby

Dude, be careful. If you are entering on a holiday visa, and US customs find resumes and academic transcripts, they could sent you straight back home! It may be safer to mail them ahead of you.

Oh man you must be fucking joking!!!

Tell me you're not serious???!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

- The Jake

Originally posted by cakewalkbaby

He has a good point jake I have seen it before,He is serious I got kicked out of england twice! Heathrow airport security is hardcore!
LAX aint so bad, just don't act like your an aussie, or better yet tell em your steve irwins younger brother!
No but on a serious note send anything work related on ahead or after you get there.

B&I & CWB -

Alright I'm sold. I'll action that this week/weekend.
That's fucken :eek::eek::eek:gage! Too bad if you're fucking qualified ... geez....

FUCK I better get my ass into gear then and photocopy my shit and send it out then.

Arju, keep an eye on your post for me alright?

- The Jake

why does customs care if you bring resumes and other work-related documents?

Customs care, because they may think you are going to try and find work, which is illegal to do on a holiday visa.

On my first trip to the US (landed at LAX) I had a Canadian work visa. I had intended to spend a few months in the US and travel to Canada to work. Customs stopped me, searched my luggage, grilling me about working. in the USA.
"If you have a visa to work in Canada, what's stopping you working here?"
"ummmm isn't that illegal or something??"

I didn't sweat it cause I had nothing to hide. Eventually they found my travel diary with the phone numbers and address of someplaces to work in BC and Alberta. They let me through.

Just be a tourist. Don't take anything that could hint at being something different.

Man that's fucked up.

I'm trying to find the URL for the page I found but under the tourist visa info I found it states quite specifically that you can sign contracts and shit on a tourist visa. Here's my interpretation of it (correct me if this sounds illegal or flat out wrong):

Whilst it says NOTHING about applying for work on that visa, it states only that you cannot WORK without one. A subtle, albeit important distinction.

This would suggest that whilst I cannot work on my tourist visa (which I have no intention of doing anyway) that is to say that I can sign documents with a potential employer who might be able to help me obtain a working (H-1) visa (and then obtain work).

- The Jake

Back