Alvarez p4p #6 and Woodley p4p # 9...Seriously UFC, seriously?

it doesnt make sense to me, but he did fucking CLOBBER rda. that was insane. I would put him behind Woodley myself. twood deserves WAY more credit for what he did to Robbie.

And Woodley smashing the guy who KOd Rory is more relevant. Would you have had Lawler in the top 10? If so, how not Woodley after beating him?

This is my point.

Woodley landed one hell of a shot. One shot shouldn't decide where you stand in a pound for pound list.

You add it to his resume and see where it lands him. If, in conjunction with other achievements it vault him up the list, then so be it.

In my opinion, one fight should rarely make a huge difference in how people evaluate a fighter, unless that fight showcases a number of things. One punch rarely does that, and I don't think it did here. It could have, though, if for instance he had done it in previous fights to high level competition. Looking at the last couple of years he's right on the edge. He knocked Koscheck into tomorrow. He TKO'd Kim. But, he just won a lackluster split against Gastellum and recently lost and overwhelming decision to MacDonald. This suggests he has holes in his game that can be exploited. He's super dangerous, but you never know what Woodley is going to show up. This is pretty important in a list like this.

One last thing... I'm not saying his ranking isn't justified. He's done work. I'm just saying I'm not sure because he's been really inconsistent.

it doesnt make sense to me, but he did fucking CLOBBER rda. that was insane. I would put him behind Woodley myself. twood deserves WAY more credit for what he did to Robbie.

check your local medical centrer

dont see anything wrong with alvarez at 6. he has won 6 out of his last 7 fights against a bunch of killers and is a title holder

One last thing... I'm not saying his ranking isn't justified. He's done work. I'm just saying I'm not sure because he's been really inconsistent.
All time p4p takes into consideration consistency. He's way low on that. Maybe not even top 15 in WW alone.

Back