Almost 8 weeks away from his trilogy with Poirier, McGregor is still training alone in Dubai.

McGregor will remain a washed up, figured out, one trick pony as long as he trains with a bunch of yes man groupies. Unfortunately, his ego is humongous and lives in a world of delusion. He is a very talented fighter but talent alone is not enough.

You must have rocks in your head to believe he will win the trilogy sunbathing and drinking booze.

I’d really like to know what’s the status with his former team in Dublin. I think something definitely happened behind the scenes that we’re not aware of. McGregor was very vocal about his loyalty towards his coaches and teammates. Doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. I think his post-Mayweather meltdown burned a couple bridges between him and his former friends/training partners.

Dustin Poirier is the last guy you want to fight on a half-ass training camp.

McGregor gets finished again and officially retires from the sport.
He should rather train in the jiu jitsu gym in ireland and spar with THE gunnar nelson and artem lobov

I know, I'm just pointing out that he could still be in pre-camp mode where he's just getting his cardio and timing intact.

Poirier does the same thing. He said in the Ariel interview that he spends the first 4 weeks of camp getting his conditioning & timing ready, then he spars the next 5 weeks.
Hungry broke Conor or any version of Conor loses to Porier and Khabib at 155, don't kid yourself.

I think at this point he really doesn't care.

Posted years back,
Conor was boxing up kids in the gym.
His behavior with the dolly, religious comments, Mayweather, and the whole "video" with Paulie.

He also punched an old man over a drink.

He was asked three times to rope it in, and figure out what it is he wants.

Apparently, his own coaches started avoiding his calls.
Not completely, but slow to respond.

Source - Family in ireland inside gyms.
Assuming your sources are legit, this isn’t surprising. Could you elaborate a little more on "his coaches started avoiding his calls"? Thanks mate.

not that mcgregor is particularly my favorite, but why is switching training partners or coach so awful?

if things are not going well, why not try another coach with a different mentality?

The fight is more than 9 weeks away. What’s the average fight camp length?

If Conor wins, obviously he'll be fighting for the UFC LW title next.

If Conor loses his next fight, he'll be fighting Masvidal at WW for the BMF belt next. With a win, he'll fight Usman. With a loss, he'll do a trilogy with Nate as a retirement fight (and eventually come back to box Jake Paul once his UFC contract runs out).

Yup, this. Regardless of the outcome, Conor's fighting for a title of some sort.

Assuming your sources are legit, this isn’t surprising. Could you elaborate a little more on "his coaches started avoiding his calls"? Thanks mate.

"Sorry, we were working. Phone was in bag/dead/car. Let's get together next week"
"we have classes, can't clear the gym, let's sit down for dinner and arrange your plan"
"gym is booked up till next week, sorry missed the call"

Consider being aged out of a money-less culture (exercise, training),
because of behavior (laundry list both publicly and in the gym)
& the ego is a celebrity.
It's chav maturity via social feedback loops.
The Dolly incident really divided everything.

not that mcgregor is particularly my favorite, but why is switching training partners or coach so awful?

if things are not going well, why not try another coach with a different mentality?

It's not his coaches.

The guy doesn't listen.

I’d really like to know what’s the status with his former team in Dublin. I think something definitely happened behind the scenes that we’re not aware of. McGregor was very vocal about his loyalty towards his coaches and teammates. Doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. I think his post-Mayweather meltdown burned a couple bridges between him and his former friends/training partners.

Dustin too is having a 9 week sparring camp.

I really don't get why you guys are making a big deal out of someone having an 8week training camp. Both camps seem to be starting training at the same time. It's as almost you want to give conor another excuse for losing when he and poirier approx have the same time to prepare. Dustin poirier is flying to florida this week if he's not there already.

The fight is more than 9 weeks away. What’s the average fight camp length?

3 months or 12-16 weeks depending on the fighter and team.

Most adapt their body in waves.
Take a beating 3 months out, recover, refine, curb diet / social life / habits into a specific limited routine.

conor not taking the fight serious so when he loses he has a way to scapegoat it to his fan boys.

Mcgregor actually fought well against Poirer. If he comes in exactly like last time he still has a very good chance at winning, he landed some heavy shots on Poirier in the first round. The rematch is a toss up imo.

Back