Allen Crowder Doesn't Think He'll Fight Again (Possible Brain Damage)

That is what I love about my own sport, which is running. Nothing scary about being solidly middle-of-the-pack, no consequences from a bad race. I don't understand fighters, competing in a sport where sucking is life-changing and where everybody except a handful will eventually progress to a level where they just can't compete. If anything other than fighting gets your juices flowing and/or pays your bills, then by all means pursue that instead.

All the best to Mr. Crowder.

This guy honestly thought a cheap DQ "win" over Greg Hardy made him someone. Good riddance

I don't blame him. If you're smart enough to realize this sport is dangerous to your health, you're too smart to be a prize fighter. This sport is for the Paul Harris's of the world. And the rare few that make it to the top without taking much damage.

CTE doesn't occur from a KO. It's the frequent repeated mild traumas that leads to it. So incriminating one fight or one opponent is pointless. Anyway, that's really bad and he's right to play it safe.

That said, CTE is not memory loss alone, it affects speech, mood and coordination first. It also appears after many years. Crowder is only 30 and is 10-4 in pro MMA, it's not much. It might well be something else, hopefully less severe.

Lol African. Dudes see a black dude and just assume he’s African lmao

You can top that off with a bit of 'He comes from a country I've never heard of i.e. he must be African'-logic.

CTE doesn't occur from a KO. It's the frequent repeated mild traumas that leads to it. So incriminating one fight or one opponent is pointless. Anyway, that's really bad and he's right to play it safe.

That said, CTE is not memory loss alone, it affects speech, mood and coordination first. It also appears after many years. Crowder is only 30 and is 10-4 in pro MMA, it's not much. It might well be something else, hopefully less severe.

this is what i keep saying when people bring up CTE for Max Holloway or some other blood and guts fighter. CTE happens decades AFTER the trauma, not days or weeks. the memory stuff he's experiencing is hopefully just lingering effects of his concussion(s) that will clear up once he lets his brain rest.

Cage fighting probably isn't worth it unless you're on the high end of the pay spectrum realistically.

The guys downplay their symptoms constantly to keep making that cheddar, i mean Shit, look at Bisping, he ended up not even having an eye after all this time.

Making lots of money and being somewhat famous probably feels pretty goddamned good, but when you're wondering who all these strange kids are running around your house are because you don't remember having them. It probably doesn't feel as cool.

Wrong..... It's the African freak who is fighting Overeem on Dec. 7th who gave crowder a case of brain damage!

After a loss like that, he may have been retired by the UFC also! He gave it his best shot, and it just wasn't meant to be. Wise choice sir, and good luck with your new endeavors!

Good for him. Not to be a dick, but not being able to beat Greg Hardy should ipso facto trigger retirement. What's the point of fighting when you can't beat bums and you're not making appreciable money?

Good for him. Not to be a dick, but not being able to beat Greg Hardy should ipso facto trigger retirement. What's the point of fighting when you can't beat bums and you're not making appreciable money?

He has a win over Hardy though?

Greg Hardy May Have Given Crowder CTE

r491161_1296x729_16-9.jpg

“[I am] retiring or quitting fighting (whichever one you prefer). I am only 30 years old right now, my last three fights ended in concussions,” Crowder said. “My business is going really well, and, the money is not where I had hoped it would be when I made it to the UFC so I made the decision for my health to stop now.

Crowder further explained that health reasons are a big part of his decision to walk away from the fight game. The 30-year-old has been having memory issues as of late. Having a child and a whole life ahead of him, Crowder explained continuing to fight simply wasn’t worth the risk.

“I just turned 30 this year and I’ve had some memory problems, and it wasn’t worth it and I want to watch my little girl grow up. [The memory loss] has been happening more and more lately. I’m talking to the doctor about it now and just find out what is happening. It is just little stuff like I’ll be making coffee and I put theanine in it to avoid the crash.

“So, I’ll put my cup in the Keurig and I’ll look for the theanine. I’ll then stress out to my wife because I can’t find it. It will be beside the cup, which is now off the Keurig and I can’t remember taking the theanine out of the cupboard or taking the cup off the Keurig. This is not good.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/allen-crowder-announces-mma-retirement-after-memory-issues/
This is my life everyday, a few years ago I’d laugh about it... not so much anymore. Hopefully he won’t get to the point where he has to “phone home” when driving to ask the wife where he supposed to be going
<{clintugh}>

Heavyweights bare minimum show purse should be 50k

this is what i keep saying when people bring up CTE for Max Holloway or some other blood and guts fighter. CTE happens decades AFTER the trauma, not days or weeks. the memory stuff he's experiencing is hopefully just lingering effects of his concussion(s) that will clear up once he lets his brain rest.
Yeah it really sucks. When some of these guys are 55 to 60 the memory loss starts kicking in and so on. Very sad.
Thank god CTE assistance is only getting better.

I'm assuming UFC was going to cut him. You see guys do this a lot, like quitting before you get fired. That being said, good on him regardless. Dude isn't good enough and it's not worth it.

Watch him return in bareknuckle FC in a year.

Watch him return in bareknuckle FC in a year.
It would be because he forgot he retired. Making Keurig one moment bare knuckle fighting Gonzaga the next

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back