Allen Crowder Doesn't Think He'll Fight Again (Possible Brain Damage)

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Greg Hardy May Have Given Crowder CTE

r491161_1296x729_16-9.jpg

“[I am] retiring or quitting fighting (whichever one you prefer). I am only 30 years old right now, my last three fights ended in concussions,” Crowder said. “My business is going really well, and, the money is not where I had hoped it would be when I made it to the UFC so I made the decision for my health to stop now.

Crowder further explained that health reasons are a big part of his decision to walk away from the fight game. The 30-year-old has been having memory issues as of late. Having a child and a whole life ahead of him, Crowder explained continuing to fight simply wasn’t worth the risk.

“I just turned 30 this year and I’ve had some memory problems, and it wasn’t worth it and I want to watch my little girl grow up. [The memory loss] has been happening more and more lately. I’m talking to the doctor about it now and just find out what is happening. It is just little stuff like I’ll be making coffee and I put theanine in it to avoid the crash.

“So, I’ll put my cup in the Keurig and I’ll look for the theanine. I’ll then stress out to my wife because I can’t find it. It will be beside the cup, which is now off the Keurig and I can’t remember taking the theanine out of the cupboard or taking the cup off the Keurig. This is not good.”

https://www.lowkickmma.com/allen-crowder-announces-mma-retirement-after-memory-issues/

Last edited:
Wrong..... It's the African freak who is fighting Overeem on Dec. 7th who gave crowder a case of brain damage!

And the guy that gave him CTE is now fighting The Reem....<6>

Wise decision. He did not have a high ceiling. No point in fighting and damaging your mind and body when you have other options.

God bless him, I wish him the best of success with his business.

Should have fought at LHW, tbh. Fighting guys bigger than you when you're just a bit tubby isn't a great idea.

Definitely the right decision.
This is the sad reality of combat sports.

Get out while you still have your health.

Why put Hardy's name out there? Rozenstruik would be the more likely culprit. Or more likely his training practices.

Should have fought at LHW, tbh. Fighting guys bigger than you when you're just a bit tubby isn't a great idea.
At the end of the day fighting is fucking terrible for you and LHWs hit hard as fuck too. From a fans perspective I'm glad to have the crop of fighters, but on a individual level I would advise a person to quit as soon as it looks like the person can't win a UFC title.

Sounds like the right choice.

He doesn’t seem to have the defense, chin or overall skills to have a long HW career without brain damage.

Which is fine. Most people don’t. I’m glad he had the intelligence to make the right choice even when it is not the glorious one.

dang dude. That’s some real shit. It’s crazy how fighters have two kinds of aging. Their actual physical prime, and their concussions/sustained head damage over a career. I’m glad that we’re at a point where we can recognize the signs and allow crowder to leave before it gets too bad.

Aww
At the end of the day fighting is fucking terrible for you and LHWs hit hard as fuck too. From a fans perspective I'm glad to have the crop of fighters, but on a individual level I would advise a person to quit as soon as it looks like the person can't win a UFC title.

Agreed, but I'd add the addendum that they can continue fighting if they're popular enough to get rich and quit when they're set for life.

Glad that he has a business and a viable way of making money aside from being hit in the head.

He was not a very good fighter but he seems smart enough to know when to call it quits. It's gonna be sad to watch guys like Reem in years to come.

Dumb Hardy bashing thread, he's not even mentioned in the article. Come on dude. Jairzinho bounced Crowder's head off the canvas with follow-up shots in his last fight.

Also he got dominated in all 3 UFC fights, that probably has more to do with why he's retiring than anything.

Dumb Hardy bashing thread, he's not even mentioned in the article. Come on dude. Jairzinho bounced Crowder's head off the canvas with follow-up shots in his last fight.

Also he got dominated in all 3 UFC fights, that probably has more to do with why he's retiring than anything.
Hardy absolutely did not dominate him. He may have won the first round, but he was losing the second and was already gassed af.

He has no shot at ever being a contender anyways

As a HW it's dangerous to be a jobber

I have no problem with a fighter choosing health over fighting.

Unfortunately, it won't make those issues go away. CTE is permanent and his mental health will inevitably decline further, but at least by no longer fighting it will slow down the regression.

I hope he lives a long healthy life.

Back