All Time GOAT poll

people picking GSP in 2020 - pathetic.
Sherdog is a very biased sample. Curiously enough, a lot posters don't even understand how the game works( for instance, they believe GSP was a lifelong natural). There is also a huge concentration of Canadians who tend to vote for him.

When pro fighters and/or MMA insiders are asked about the GOAT, GSP always trails Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

GSP has more votes than Pico and Andy combined. No wonder there are so many agitated trolls on sherdog lately.
He also has more taps to strikes than Jones/Silva combined. No wonder gsp worshippers are forever agitated.

9C951C88-A9D1-4D4B-A108-2E73F9E258C8.gif

I hope people understand that the reason why GSP is leading this poll is because this poll was made right after he had beaten Bisping. Probably close to 90% of the votes were given around that time. If someone makes a new poll now I quarantee GSP won't get over 30%.

I hope people understand that the reason why GSP is leading this poll is because this poll was made right after he had beaten Bisping. Probably close to 90% of the votes were given around that time. If someone makes a new poll now I quarantee GSP won't get over 30%.

Actually it was made well over a year after GSP cherry-picked Bisping.

More importantly, it was made right after 837 year old Fedor lost to Bader. That pretty much tells the story here.

<seedat>

Actually it was made well over a year after GSP cherry-picked Bisping.

More importantly, it was made right after 837 year old Fedor lost to Bader. That pretty much tells the story here.

<seedat>

You are wrong. I remember when this thread was made, it was shortly after the Bisping fight. You weren't even around here then, at least with that account.

Amazing. Well, good luck figuring this one out.

<28>

People were criticizing this poll already back then because of recency bias. I'm suprised they keep this same poll stickied, its just dishonest, it doesn't tell how people currently feel.

People were criticizing this poll already back then because of recency bias. I'm suprised they keep this same poll stickied, its just dishonest, it doesn't tell how people currently feel.

It's time to stop and actually think for a minute bud.

It's time to stop and actually think for a minute bud.

Why, I think now would be a good time for a new poll. GOAT polls shouldn't even be stickied, at least not for longer than a couple months. It would be different if all candidates were retired.

Why, I think now would be a good time for a new poll. GOAT polls shouldn't even be stickied, at least not for longer than a couple months. It would be different if all candidates were retired.

The issue isn't whether it's time for a new poll (although I agree they can be skewed by when they are made). The issue is your relationship with time and reality.

The issue isn't whether it's time for a new poll (although I agree they can be skewed by when they are made). The issue is your relationship with time and reality.

If this is not the same poll then I apologize. It was also stickied and I thought this is just edited later with the same votes.

GOAT conversations are always messy when we talk about ongoing careers. It's easier to gauge GSP since he is retired. Whiles Fedor has looked a bit messy as of late. A career and legacy is very dependant on how you exit the sport.

If Fedor knocks out 2-3 old timers first round before retiring his legacy will be plenty different than what it is right now.

Here's a different question. If Khabib dominates Tony. And then goes on to win over Justin before retiring 30-0, is he the GOAT? if not, why not?

Also another question: if Jones is NOT the GOAT due to his sketchy record with USADA, what does he have to do to win that place? how many wins?

Hard to top that career Fedor had.

Maybe Jones is a close second.

No way in hell is it glass chin chuck he people he beat was Tito and old randy

Lol. Chuck Liddell wasn't even the greatest fighter of his own time, let alone all-time.

Back