All Time GOAT poll

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Tachy, Feb 23, 2019.

?

Who is the current GOAT

1. GSP

35.8%
  2. Fedor

26.2%
  3. Silva

8.6%
  4. Jones

22.6%
  5. Johnson

1.6%
  6. Other

4.2%
  7. Aldo

1.1%
  1. Lint2

Lint2 jmp dword ptr [ebp+8]

Yep, and still only half as dumb as you.

[​IMG]

2. Intellidamus

Intellidamus Brown Belt

That seemed like a reach, but ok.
    I believe we probably have people “ghost” voting for all of the candidates. My point being the percentage is probably rather low and across the board. Therefore balancing itself out.
    Do you really believe that with all of the GSP haters & the Spider Click Posse (the same group of guys that run together in all of the GSP threads) that there aren’t ghost votes for anyone other than him?
    You’re starting to sound like that gono goof that thinks anything positive for GSP is a conspiracy.
    If so, how do you think the ‘real’ results should be?
    I personally think some people can’t accept GSP is possibly the GOAT.

Hypetrainofthemonth likes this.
  3. Lint2

Lint2 jmp dword ptr [ebp+8]

I've checked all of the triumvirate, did you not?

Now I know why we're having this discussion.. <45>

4. Intellidamus

Intellidamus Brown Belt

Do elaborate. This outta be good.

5. Booksmasher

Booksmasher Blue Belt

The reign of Anderson Silva is the best. 16 fight winning streak in the ufc, 14 finishes. Nobody came close to doing that.

Phill and Chael_Sonnen like this.
  6. nope

nope Orange Belt

Both of your fav fighters got caught cheating fair and square. Now you are trying to discredit others with completely zero evidence to justify anderson/jones guilt. What a pathetic life, try harder.

Summoning likes this.
  7. AnotherOldGuy

AnotherOldGuy Brown Belt

It may well be idiotic, but why not explain why its not a level playing field, albeit an unhealthy one.

The situation seems to be:

1) A level playing field is one in which every athlete has access to the same resources.
    2) If there is no testing, then given how easy steroids are to obtain it seems everyone in Pride had access to the same resources as far as steroids go. Testing skews this, because the test beating steroids are harder to obtain, but the general easy to detect with tests steroids are very easy to get.

So why wouldn't it be a level playing field? No doubt you have a reason for thinking so, but instead of stating it you settle for throwing out an insult, which gives zero useful information. And in fact, insults are typically used to cover the lack of argument, though in this case I get the feeling you have one but just couldn't be bothered to state it.

The reason they're not endorsed in sanctioned sports is because they're harmful to take except in specific medical conditions. That has nothing to do with a level playing field, and in the case of MMA even the harm is tempered by the greater harm coming from the typical competition (chiefly head blows, but also damage to other organs either from direct impact or from dehydration to make weight).

8. mister_jedi

mister_jedi White Belt

Okay here is my spiel. I have always said G.O.A.T status is Spider or GSP. They both changed the game and decimated legends. Also look at the heart, look at Silva coming back from that break V weidman and fighting, of all people, nick Diaz. I have always been preferential to Silva, but have a new view and here is my method. Look at wins/losses and caliber of opponents. GSP has lost only 2 times. he lost to some really good fighters in the form of Matt Hughs(who of course gave Royce Gracie his first octagon defeat, and second pro defeat trailing Sakuraba) and Matt Serra who is a monster. He then came back and bear both of them afterwards. I look at it like him avenging the loss and in essence redeeming that defeat. Aside from that he is untouchable. He comes out of retirement beats Bisping's ass, and retires again. He is the greatest IMO.

Now of this time with him retired. That is hard. We can all agree jon jones is undeafeated because as Dana White said: "Steve Mazzagatti is a fucking tool box". Hamil was out. Jones undefeated, and gave DC his only two defeats(yeah two, steroids aside he beat your ass dude) until this month. Khabib on the other hand is absolutely undefeated but has fought less high profile opponents until recently. I would like to see Khabib v Porrier and see how it stacks up. If Khabib wins, I would like to see him wrestle GSP. If he could long shot take GSP I think he would be prime for the goat mantle. Jon jones is P4P 1 right now(which he should have been this whole time), and I think he could be considered the current G.O.A.T. Though need to see his non TBol matches a bit more. There could also be argument up and coming for adesanya depending on how he does against Whittaker. I could see him going for that mantle too. So here is what this whole rant comes out to:

TL;DR

Alltime GOAT- GSP

Current GOAT- Jon Jones

9. Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster Green Belt

Lots of people bitching here because GSP is winning here a "title" that he actually already wear aka The MMA GOAT.

10. jjjjjjjjjjohnny

jjjjjjjjjjohnny JDP is the CHAMP!

GSP for sure. no one even comes close to all aspects of being the GOAT. Fedor is a close second, but his off the cliff downfall doesn't help his legacy.

Bouboumaster likes this.
  11. equidistante

equidistante Orange Belt

Jones would beat everyone on the list in their prime. Maybe not Fedor... hard to know that.

12. ermac88

ermac88 Red Belt

Huh?
    Explaining why steroids are not allowed in sports is discrediting fighters? ?

This makes absolutely zero sense.

Steroids were encouraged in Pride

13. LilNicky95

LilNicky95 White Belt

Fedor gets my vote....undefeated in his prime for 10 years and never in a boring fight.

GSP gets some thought but some very boring fights.

14. Booksmasher

Booksmasher Blue Belt

If Khabib beats Poirier and Ferguson and then retires, he will be the GOAT

Do we agree with this?

white crow likes this.
  15. white crow

white crow White Belt

GSP and it’s not even a question

16. Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster Green Belt

I don't think so, but he'll have a claim as the LW GOAT tho!

17. Booksmasher

Booksmasher Blue Belt

Lightweight GOAT isnt even a question. But why not the All Time GOAT tho? Lightweight is the hardest division there is because of human demoghraphics. If he destroys everybody in that division and never lost....what else must someone do to be the GOAT?

18. Bouboumaster

Bouboumaster Green Belt

I have GSP as the GOAT. Fought in the WW division, the other "hardest division" based on human demographics. Whole lot of title defenses and a title in two weight classes.
    So to answer your question, Khabib would have to outdo what GSP did, I guess. If he can defend his title a bunch of times, and then go up or down in weight to win an other title, then he'll be the GOAT, IMO.

As a side note, I respect a whole lot Khabib, to pick Legacy over Money. Wanting Ferguson over Conor as his next opponent is a really brave move. Just picking that fight make him a bad ass, in my book. Would love the GSP fight after that.

19. Joe_Armstrong

Joe_Armstrong Starfleet Belt

Still think Roy Nelson and John Hess should be in this poll.

91 seconds likes this.