All Time GOAT poll

GSP for me, but if Jones can continue like he has, or if DC can get that win over Jones I can see making a argument for either of them.

With GSP retired now, who do you think is the all time greatest at this time?

If your selection for the greatest fighter of all time is not in the poll, feel free to vote for other explain why.
You forgot the king of the GOATs!! Lord Artem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well you have to instantly count out Jones, and Anderson Silva was unfortunately caught at the end of his career, but I think with Anderson it was legit ability at the start and he just needed them as he got older. But who knows.

GSP did exceptionally but Fedor was almost as dominant at heavyweight and that counts for alot more imo its alot harder, and more dangerous. He fought on too long though and this will diminish his legacy in most peoples eyes.

You would have to discredit Fedor too then seeing as he fought in a league that didn't test. I agree that a failed drug test can put a bit of a black eye on a fighters legacy, but PED's are everywhere in high level athletics and we really don't know who is on what.

You would have to discredit Fedor too then seeing as he fought in a league that didn't test. I agree that a failed drug test can put a bit of a black eye on a fighters legacy, but PED's are everywhere in high level athletics and we really don't know who is on what.
Yea but thats not cheating, if fedor was on peds he was allowed and fought other people on them too. Jones literally fails more tests then anyone. If all of Jones fights were in pride where all his opponents were allowed to juice like him I am sure he would not be undefeated.

Yea but thats not cheating, if fedor was on peds he was allowed and fought other people on them too. Jones literally fails more tests then anyone. If all of Jones fights were in pride where all his opponents were allowed to juice like him I am sure he would not be undefeated.

Whoever wants to juice is going to try and find a way around it. You would have to be naive to think otherwise Especially pre USADA. Fighters only had two scheduled drug tests. Also It may not have been against the rules in Pride, but what about the fighters that didn't want to put that shit in their bodies. Look at Wand vs Sakuraba for example. Wand fucked up Saku bad.

Whoever wants to juice is going to try and find a way around it. You would have to be naive to think otherwise Especially pre USADA. Fighters only had two scheduled drug tests. Also It may not have been against the rules in Pride, but what about the fighters that didn't want to put that shit in their bodies. Look at Wand vs Sakuraba for example. Wand fucked up Saku bad.
Thats all speculation and there are levels to juicing, not everyone cheats and not everyone is so juiced that they can't stop failing tests like Jones. Some people (ex.Cormier) get tested even more then him and never fail.

Only because he had the gsp win...

Okami was a top 5 for years.. I disagree here

Top 5 in an extremely weak division. Serra had a very close fight with prime Penn another against Hughes. Okami never managed to win a high profile fight in one of the weakest division at the time.

Top 5 in an extremely weak division. Serra had a very close fight with prime Penn another against Hughes. Okami never managed to win a high profile fight in one of the weakest division at the time.

Okami beat Marquardt, Lombard and Swick and all of them went to make a run to the top at WW just after losing to Okami.
It was WW weak as well?

You talk about Serra having close fights that werent even that close. It cant get closer than Okami vs Shields, who was a top 5 WW. Again, was welter weak as well?

And I just remind you Okami's fights against WW/MWs. I could keep on with MW/LHWs as Muñoz, Franklin, Belcher, Tanner...

Only a dellusional GSP nuthugger can claim Serra was a better win than Okami

Last edited:
Okami beat Marquardt, Lombard and Swick and all of them went to make a run to the top at WW just after losing to Okami.
It was WW weak as well?

You talk about Serra having close fights that werent even that close. It cant get closer than Okami vs Shields, who was a top 5 WW. Again, was welter weak as well?

And I just remind you Okami's fights against WW/MWs. I could keep on with MW/LHWs as Muñoz, Franklin, Belcher, Tanner...

Only a dellusional GSP nuthugger can claim Serra was a better win than Okami

1. Marquardt, Lombard and Swick all went to make a run at the top of WW? In what world? And Okami is bigger than those guys. How does that help your argument?

2. The simple fact that a WW in Shields beat a much bigger MW in Okami is a strong proof that WW has always been more stacked. I really don't get how you think mentioning it helps your argument.

Want some facts about WW being much stronger than MW at the time Okami was fighting in the UFC? How about the fact that WW had 3 times more fighters in the division, due to the overall world population having 3 times more men in that size range? How the can you not tell it's going to be much more competitive and stacked?

Whats harder? Winning against 100 peoples or winning against 33 peoples?

Why do you think that, the heavier the weight classes, the older the average top fighter is? Maybe it's because the heavier weight class have a slow input of newer top challenger? Its much harder to stay at the top when theres 3 times the competitors. Fact.

1. Marquardt, Lombard and Swick all went to make a run at the top of WW? In what world? And Okami is bigger than those guys. How does that help your argument?

2. The simple fact that a WW in Shields beat a much bigger MW in Okami is a strong proof that WW has always been more stacked. I really don't get how you think mentioning it helps your argument.

Want some facts about WW being much stronger than MW at the time Okami was fighting in the UFC? How about the fact that WW had 3 times more fighters in the division, due to the overall world population having 3 times more men in that size range? How the can you not tell it's going to be much more competitive and stacked?

Whats harder? Winning against 100 peoples or winning against 33 peoples?

Why do you think that, the heavier the weight classes, the older the average top fighter is? Maybe it's because the heavier weight class have a slow input of newer top challenger? Its much harder to stay at the top when theres 3 times the competitors. Fact.

Talking about facts, Okami is not that big in the first place. Thats why he has fought at WW nearly a decade of his career, even still today in his late 30s, never missing weight. Just because Rogan says "he is huuuge" doesnt make it a fact.
Then, what did you not understand from my post?
Okami (who, again, has fought at WW plenty of times) beat Marquardt, Lombard and Swick and right after they made a run at the top at WW. If they were as weak as you claim, they would not.
- Marquardt KOed Woodley to became Strikeforce WW champion soon after Okami beat him.
-Lombard climbed to #6 at UFC WW rankings...right after Okami beat him.
-Swick went 4-0 and fought a #1 contender match in your superstrong WW division... right after Okami beat him handly
-Shields vs Okami actually took place at WW and most think Okami won. Shields was top5 ranked WW at the moment.

Okami fought at MW during his prime to avoid diet and big weightcuts. He was able to compete with top WWs and also big weight cutters at 185 like Muñoz, Franklin or Belcher (who would never be able to make 170, unlike Okami)
So say what you want about how weak the MW division was. It doesnt change the fact that Okami was clearly a bigger win that Matt Serra dont be dellusional

Last edited:
No they did not.
Lol. Just keep reading. It has been explained clearly enough that Okami was a top fighter regardless of the division he fought in, and in no way is Matt Serra a better win than him.
Now, stay in your dellusion if you feel better there

Lol. Just keep reading. It has been explained clearly enough that Okami was a top fighter regardless of the division he fought in, and in no way is Matt Serra a better win than him.
Now, stay in your dellusion if you feel better there

I clearly explained why MW was weak and WW was strong but good work totally ignoring that.

I clearly explained why MW was weak and WW was strong but good work totally ignoring that.
Hey, me and two other posters replyed to your statement about Matt Serra being a better win than Okami, which is stupid. I just proved to you that is indeed stupid, despite your lack of reading/comprehensive skills. Period.
Although may be my lack of writing skills, as English is not my first language. In that case, sorry for that, but I think it has been exposed clear enough.

Another topic is if the middleweight division as a whole was weaker than the welterweight division as a whole, which I would agree with. But thats a long discussion. There were great fighters in the MW division back in the day. The prove is that many of them were to be champions/titlle contenders in the supposedly superstrong WW division (Lawler, Maia, Shields, etc...)

Last edited:
The prove is that many of them were to be champions/titlle contenders in the supposedly superstrong WW division (Lawler, Maia, Shields, etc...)

How the hell does that help your argument? These guys are clearly WW sized and the fact they were competitive at MW proves how weak MW was.

But yeah we can say that Serra and Okami are pretty much in the same category when it comes to quality wins.

Fedor, Gsp, Aldo, Dc... in that order imo. Cheaters wont count.

Last edited:
Back