All Nate needs is an early takedown...

The clinch is where Nate needs to take it off the Top, Connor had no answer.

I'm a Conor fan but i like Nate too. He's a fuckin' warrrior and a true martial artist. But just look at this video.

Looks pretty sharp here. Notice the increase in body shots. Some hard hooks and spinning back kicks. I like it.

Saw that old fight against Marcus Davis and Nate had him against the fence, then went for a TD. I could see Nate surprising Conor with a TD. If he tries to just latch onto and smother Conor, that might get him a quick easy win. It might be his gameplan and would be a smart one. Conor is over ther boxing 400 rounds with guys and Nate just grapples with him and dominates him. Then Conor will beg for another rematch and say he made an error by training boxing too much and not enough JJ.

Nobody forgot anything. The advantage on the ground is still Nate's.

Only one way to find out.

A lot can happen in between fights.

I think Conor has some early success like last time, tries to pace himself but he really likes landing that left hand and Nate starts to tag him more and the exchanges get more heated, the pace gets faster, he gasses and by the time the second round is winding down he's tired again and getting tagged. Nate hurts him some more in the third round, goes for a guillotine in a scramble, gets it in mount like he did against Miller and forces the tap.

I think he is not just gonna bang for the sake of banging like Lineker for example, there´s tooooo much at stake now and losing can make a big difference in terms of money, so I think he´ll come in smart.... he might just start by being cautious because he already said he is a slow starter, like Cerrone. But Diaz is smart, he learned from the first fight so I believe he is not gonna start slow because he knows Conor is an early agressor, that´s why I thought about the early TD... aaaaand it would embarrass Conor even more if it happened this way and he wasn´t able to land anything and got finished.

It'd be my dream but I doubt it will happen.

Conor is fast enough to avoid a takedown or clinch from Nate. Nate's slow in that way. It sucks because with Nate's long legs, he could easily pull guard or if he actually kicked more often, control distance much better.

I think a TD would be good strategy early for a couple of reasons. Tire CM a bit to minimize a chance of him landing a hard sharp strike early. Nate's chin can handle CM strikes later when he is not quite as sharp/quick. Subbing CM b4 he is sweaty/slippery. Dent CM confidence. It can be very frustrating getting smothered instead of executing game plan of striking. Nate has excellent endurance so a long slog will improve his chances for a win.

Banging with CM biggest risk so might as well avoid it.

Nate will stand with CM unless a good chance for a TD opens up. Nate does not have great TD and CM has decent TD defense plus ability to get back up when he is fresh and strong. So while a TD could be a good tactic early will also be hardest time. Later maybe 2nd round might be a higher possibility for a TD attack.

Think Nate takes CM down whether pulling guard or straight TD in 2nd and fight goes downhill from there for CM, if Nate makes it to 2nd.

Conor's guard is mostly defensive & so taking him down is the safest place to be in a fight with him.

He beat the sh*t out of Nate in the first 8 minutes on the feet. If Nate would prefer not to experience that again I would suggest a takedown.

Mac's takedown defense is pretty stellar, so it will not be easy... but if accomplished, it could make for a fight changing opportunity.

What the FUCK are you smoking???
Conor has NEVER EVER had stellar TD defense.
Are you on drugs?
Siever took his ass down....Siever is a fucking kickboxer!

I cant believe you posted that.

i'd be pretty surprised if nate got an early takedown. i see a stand up back n forth for two rounds. IF nate were to get a take down it would be in the later rounds by a hip toss against the cage or something.

If nate got an early TD, hed finish conor.
I cant believe people are saying otherwise.

It'd be my dream but I doubt it will happen.

Conor is fast enough to avoid a takedown or clinch from Nate. Nate's slow in that way. It sucks because with Nate's long legs, he could easily pull guard or if he actually kicked more often, control distance much better.
Conor couldn't avoid the clinch or takedown in the first fight.

Only one way to find out.

A lot can happen in between fights.
What do you mean? We already know. Nate ground game is superior. You think 1 training camp is gonna make Conor a better grappler than Nate?

Conor couldn't avoid the clinch or takedown in the first fight.

It's because he was foolish enough to make a dog fight out of it.

Now Conor knows Nate isn't some slow-ass zombie who can't hurt him, I expect or should expect Conor to bounce around a lot and pick his shots more carefully instead of unloading bombs from the get go.

What do you mean? We already know. Nate ground game is superior. You think 1 training camp is gonna make Conor a better grappler than Nate?

It's a fight. Anything can happen.

Conor out grappled Nate in the 1 exchange they had in the 1st round. Nate rocked Conor and out grappled him in the 2nd round.

I have a very hard time picturing any kind of Conor win.

Fights goes into championship rounds: Nate has much better cardio and more important his fight style suits this contrary to McGregor. Clear path to victory for Diaz.

Fight goes to the ground: Nate is not only much more skilled there and could end it fast with a submission but this will also drain McGregors gas tank even faster.

Clinch: Not a strenght of Diaz but even less with Conor. Also advantage Diaz.

Fighting long: Diaz with more reach and punch output.

Only way to win is a ko/tko in the first three rounds for McGregor. Pure counterpunching wont work so McGregor has to meld a swarmer/pressure and counterpuncher style. That would work against Diaz.

It's a fight. Anything can happen.

Conor out grappled Nate in the 1 exchange they had in the 1st round. Nate rocked Conor and out grappled him in the 2nd round.
Conor didn't outgrapple him. Nate took him down, Conor swept him and the round ended. I don't think Nate guard is a place Conor wants to stay. Nate also doesn't forget how to grapple when he gets punched in the face. I'm kidding about the last part. (Kind've)

How is that not being out grappled?
Because it was the end of the round and nothing of consequence happened. Nate scored a takedown Conor swept him round ends. Nate taking Conor's back and choking him out is out grappling him.

Because it was the end of the round and nothing of consequence happened. Nate scored a takedown Conor swept him round ends. Nate taking Conor's back and choking him out is out grappling him.

It being at the end of the round doesn't negate what happened. In the one grappling exchange they had in the 1st round, Conor took the advantageous position. So I'd say Nate was out grappled in that scenario.

Diaz dont fight like that. They despise that actually because its not a fight just a score fest for judges.. Diaz will knock him out.

Back